7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Future expansion new character features wishlist

WARNING: Thar be reading ahead, so good luck.

Not really a wishlist, but something id be down for, since i'm all about diversifying the game further.

Today wow has very strict & linear builds, race choices, gear options (including legendaries), and talent selections. I'm not hoping for anything skill wise to be changed, since rotations are nice and difficult to master by applying what you do when in correlation with whats happening or about to happen in a fight.

Talents could use a touch up, and by touch up I mean heavy overhaul. I don't like the whole, "ya when you get level (insert max level for current expansion here), just go this (insert numbers 1-3 per talent tier here)." I miss trees, and I am also open to simply adding more and changing/adjusting choices that are completely irrelevant and cant compare in the slightest way to the other options on the tier, as opposed to letting them sit there for 6 months to a year on touched...

Gearing was somewhat diversified in Legion, but I didn't much care for, or support the whole, "OMG I just got a 955 socketed leach arcanocrystal from this vendor, i'm suddenly a high end raider!" as opposed to the guy who spent 6 months in mythic raid who got a decent 940 whatever with avoidance... This makes me look at some players at the top as only getting there because of how favored they were by RNGsus... Not to mention, dungeon gear that came from high luck shouldn't compare or be better than raid gear, its unbecoming. Lastly... The legion legendairies with some classes and specs, make or break the class/spec itself... it should't feel bad to get a legendary... *cough* roots of shaladrasill, KJ burning wish, ect. *cough*

As far as race choices go... sometimes it was literally this, "Ya, if you don't pick troll for that mini lust, you're never gonna compare". Or, "Dude is that a real question... of course you go worgen for that 1% crit..." Firstly these racial should be looked at and adjusted for mass balance. Secondly, the addition of 2 Sub-races per class, would be suuuuuuuper awesome and very much welcome by many, if not all. And thus... I present you all with this example, if anything to at least get the wheels turning.

Horde:

• Blood Elves - High Elves - Sunbound
    • Forsaken - Skeletons - Dark Heart
    • Tauren - Taunka - Yaungol
    • Orcs - Nathari - Dire
    • Trolls - Zandalari - Hulks
    • Goblins - Techblins - Kezari

Alliance:

• Humans - Light-forged - Shadow-forged
    • Dwarves - Dark blood - Earthen
    • Gnomes - Mechagnomes - Giganognomes
    • Worgen - Nighthowl - Lycari
    • Draenei - Broken - Medari
    • Night Elves - Nightborne - Moonbound

Neutral:

• Pandaren - Jade Heart - Sha Touched

Lore wise this can be a touchy process, and I cant stress enough that this is for speculation, and hopes. As I was writing this up, this is what my train of though per sub-race was:

NOTE: some of these models will have to be reduced in size, I don't want any super tauren mounts obstructing my view in game, k thanks. Also the polygon count needs to go up just like the current playable race model changes, its 2017-2018+. Visually, these should be unique, yet customizable.

High Elves are still around, though few in numbers, they wield the elder arcane magics of their people and some use it for their physical prowess in battle (melee). Easy to do, no real complications.

Sunbound elves are relatively new to wow, they are trained to control the sunwell's every ripple. Similar to the cinematic at the end of the seat of the triumvirate dungeon with the void seen threw Aleria's skin, these elves have the same but as light instead. New concept, visually, these guys should look bad ass.

Skeletons... Grow up china. Skeleton's are pretty much forsaken that have been undead for so long, their flash has long been lost through their years in battle. All that remains now is bone. Should be a fun race to visually develop. Not a hard concept to grasp, I foresee no issues.

Dark Heart undead are probably gonna look a lot like Sylvanas, where the decay and exposed bone is absent. These guys are gonna be really cool to look at visually and hear when they speak; with their red eyes and customized voices. They serve as some of the forsaken's most elite and masterful individuals. Sylvanas did it, so can these guys; shouldn't be too out of the blue.

Taunka already exists, the tauren races on this are probably the most realistic ones I could think of in terms of current lore. No issues, already in game, just needs a lore story-line to make it make sense.

Yaungol already exists, the tauren races on this are probably the most realistic ones I could think of in terms of current lore. No issues, already in game, just needs a lore story-line to make it make sense.

Nathari are based of off the Mok'Nathal clan, which mainly consists of half orc, half ogre peoples. Most notable of this people is none other than, Rexxar. Of course new models are in order to really capture that ogre-esque image. Ogres themselves as a race seems too... not gonna happeny. Already a thing, just gotta shine some light on it and get it in for players.

Dire orcs are in game, you may have seen one, or two, or hundreds if you played WoD. These are you super roid-raged out orcs, made possible by yours truly, the bleeding hollow clan's blood magics. Obviously the size needs to come down a tad, but id play the heck out of one of these bad boys. New concept for playable characters, but give it a voice and a story and you can fill up that bath tub with some dollah billz bilzz.

Zandalari troll models from MoP, most notably, the Isle of Thunder, are just too dang delicious... like really, if you've seen one... you know what pixel eye candy looks like. blizzard... make it so.

Hulks, or as they are seen in game, God-Hulks are the equivalent to the Dire Orcs as seen in game as well. Clearly the size needs to come down as well, but oh man... is this even a real question... Id love to see these guys in action, the caster versions of these seem a bit silly, as do they the same with the orcs, but casters can go zandalari or normal troll. customization and balance is key.

Techblins, for lack of a better word... These guys are half goblin half mechanized robot-like goblins that did so to themselves in order to achieve a higher physical and scientific inclined increase in performance. I'm sure you all have seen the steampunkesque contraptions made by the goblins and gnomes in this game, this shouldn't be a huge shocker to you.

Okay here is where we get a little out of the realm of the norm... Kezari, are pretty much the first goblins. Taller (not as tall as a human), little thinner built, and older (culturally). Long ago in the lands of Kezan when it was still young, the Kezari were a race of powerful and strong goblins that lived in its jungles. They lived on the move, and have no remnants of any civilizations, hunting and using their savage blood magics. They were pretty much the bleeding hollow clan of Azeroth. Ears aren't as dumbo-y as the current ones you see in game, more sharply pointed, noses aren't as ponocio-y. Obviously blizz won't make this a thing since it didn't come from on of their employees (hire me pls), but I'd rather this than see hobgoblins in game become a playable race.

Light forges AND shadow forged humans are those whom are refined versions of the paladin/priest, and the warlock/generic bad guy. For the lightforged humans, instead of being all, "the light this" and, "the light that"... they are more like sunborn Belves i mentioned earlier. Instead of the sun well or night well's power, they are sourced by the powers of light and shadow itself. Don't confuse shadow with void, educate yoself. These guys are human versions of the light forged warframe, minus the ability to solo bosses and rares in seconds. New race, not class, again, educate yoself. Simply have different racials and appearances.

Dark blood Dwarves are pretty much your visually updated dark iron dwarves. They appear so because of the high iron concentration in their blood, and as such are stronger and more durable in battle. One of the racials should be a high fire res, not by 1% btw blizz, the time of 1%ing is over, the time of 1.5% has come. jokes, it should be like 10% or something more realistic, that's not game shattering I promise.

Earthen are already a thing in game, though kinda OP lore wise, these guys are a great addition, and favor no clan in particular in the dwarven ranks. Made or metals and stone, the Earthen are highly resistant to physical damage and therefor excel in combat. Lore wise, these guys should have some storyline that ties in with protecting Azeroth, and ally with the alliance as a gracious thank you for our helping them in some storyline or whatever.

Mechagnomes are a thing already once again, *looks at mimron* and are pretty much the precursor of regular gnomes via curse of the glorious flesh toned midgets that we've all come to know and love today. same reason for joining the alliance as the Earthens above, not gonna lie, I've been up for a while writing this up and ima try not to get tired on you guys. Anyway, they are experts in mechano-warfare, thus have racials that will blow us all away, literally. Visually, the customizations should be fun to make and play with.

Giganognomes! About 10-15% bigger than your average gnome, these bad boys and OMGgrills are your dire orc and hulk troll, gnomes. There's something about the ripped stature of a small angry pink haired, mohawk wearing, two-handed war axe maniac that just... gets my cogs turning. Need I go on? Blizzard make it so.

Nighthowl worgens are exclusively in worgen form always (yes you peon, of course the model looks more bad ass). They have similar movement speed to a drood in kitten form, and cast the same way current worgens do. Visually, these are your "OMG DO WANT"s. In terms of the lore, the nighthowl came to be via a ritual performed under a full moon, by choosing to become a permanent worgen forever. Should be a fun questline to make, but alas, as I made it and not a blizz employee, like a great many other things on this list, if not all, it likely wont be a thing. (Lets talk about this hiring thing tho blizz, hit me up.)

Lycari Wrogen, are worgens that still transform like the normal one does; only they do this via cooldown that is much like meta on a dooman hunter. The duration should be relatively long (say 1 minute?), with a CD of say 1 minute and a half? NO, definitely not, I bet I had some of you with that... It should last as long as you remain in combat. The effect should be something similar to a soft frenzy and grants a good amount of leech (not as broke as a DH's meta tho) and cause them to take like 10% extra damage from all sources (better learn how to use DRs). Visually they should have their own custom form, pretty sure that goes without saying, but Oh how blizz loves to rehash colors and slap a "new content" sticker on old models.

Broken are already in the game, its silly how you may have though this wouldn't be on the list... Need I bring up Akama? They smart, they loyal, they look cool, and if they can wield a hammer, they can wield these magics too. Lets get some visual diversity up in their customization screen tho. Lore wise, they number vastly, still standing around in outland, waiting for something cool to happen... I guess.

Nightborne.

Moonbound Nelfs are less druid affiliated and more, "Hur mah gerd, light of Elune, grant me strength." Don't get me wrong, these guys will call down a freaking moon blast, the likes of which a boomkin would make a face similar to THIS

Jade Heart Pandaren. Like Mr. Bronzebeard himself (the one that has over like 9000 karats), these guys are made of pure living jade. Blizz I swear by the old gods and the new... if you change their model to a freaking jade re-color and that's it, I'll throw up. I wanna see different colors of jade, difference textures [ridged, smooth, jagged, blocky], and emanating green glowy hearts on their chests and eyes. Their storyline should have something to do with Yu'lon and should be epix.

Hokay, last one ladies... Sha touched. After the pardaria escapade we all embarked on, the land has yet to be purified from the evil corruption left over by the sha. Those pandaren that set up to cleanse said land, instead learn ways to control the sha to empower them in battle. This would also tie in nicely with a monk caster 4th spec. Visually this should look pretty damn delightful, shadowy auras of bad assery, that staple black and white sha mist swirling around them. Hnnng.

All of the above mentioned races are exactly that... Races, not new classes, know the difference. They should each include a quest chain to unlock them, allowing your current character to either conver to one of these, or empower your classic race choice if you prefer to remain the same. Racial abilities should be heavily overhauled in the game, such that they each affect the class and player drastically. Doesn't need to be insane like this race gets 30% haste, or this one gets 60 trillion % leech on a a raid boss thats name starts with a M on a Tuesday if its raining outside... Keep it simple, keep it awesome.

Lastly... Since this is 2017 and everyone has an opinion, have at it, I only care to read those whom have anything legitly constructive to bring forth. I know I got memeier and memeier and more and more playful throughout this post, but I'm still serious. I understand a grand total of 0% of this may actually see the dev's planning room, but its the best dang sub-race post you're gonna find. Good luck on your 955 titanforged socketed leech items~

- - - Updated - - -

I was gonna do a whole big addition of 4th specs to the game part, but ill just make that another post when i'm more rested. Or maybe I won't ... sue me.
    Last edited by Kazezoku; 2017-10-21 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Because I can

Who are you talking to?

Who are you talking to?
    Me and all non-conservative players.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Theres a lot of topics in there lol..

I do miss the old talent trees though.

I get the whole 'illusion of choice' argument (where u end up googling the best cookie cutter build anyway) but surely there's a place for the current talents we are given to thrive within a tree. It really added a lot of soul to the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    Theres a lot of topics in there lol..

I do miss the old talent trees though.

I get the whole 'illusion of choice' argument (where u end up googling the best cookie cutter build anyway) but surely there's a place for the current talents we are given to thrive within a tree. It really added a lot of soul to the game.
    For sure, I'm not suggesting anything crazy like Path of Exile's tree, but a with the current state of talents, they may as well be pre-determined when you make the character.

Deleted
    Forest troll skin for trolls man...

Deleted
    I just did a topic same than this a few hours ago,..

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...next-expansion
    Last edited by mmocdea6d3a985; 2017-10-21 at 06:16 PM.