View Poll Results: Should Blizzard Break there Bond from Activision?!!!

Voters
14. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

9 64.29%
  • No,

5 35.71%
    7+ Year Old Account

ACTIVISION Buys a system That Encourages Players to BUY INGAME ITEMS WITH REAL MONEY!

I have bade this pose to Inform all of you about this CANSER OF A SYSTEM, SPREAD THIS around, let it be known.... ACTIVISION must be stoped!!!!

ACTIVISION Buys a system That Encourages Players to BUY INGAME ITEMS WITH REAL MONEY!

This system will make it so that you ill be Encouraged to buy strong ingame items to make you better when it will match you with players who don't have that item so that you win more.
    So if you don,t have Bought this item with real money, you will be matched agaisnt people who have bought it and then when you lose against them you will be offered that Strong item for a discount!!!

THIS IS OUTRAGEUS!!!....

Links to who talks about this system and how wrong it is!!!!!!!!

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/10/ac...otransactions/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxLez5k0M-Q
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Deleted
    0/10.
    Pretty weak attempt. I’ll wait for the Jaylock/Eleccy thread about this.

Weak.

10chars
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Also discussed on Linus Tech Tips https://youtu.be/0qRpRITk6k4?t=20m14s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pants on fire thread about a patent that might not come to fruition ever.

Also, this seems less like encouraging gambling like loot boxes, more like just really scummy attempts to get money out of me. Which, surprisingly, I'm more okay with than the gambling thing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    0/10.
    Pretty weak attempt. I’ll wait for the Jaylock/Eleccy thread about this.
    Well.

1. It has no relation to Blizzard directly since this is patented for Destiny 2.

2. Blizzards matchmaking has been garbage for most games. HotS and Overwatch being prime examples.

3. I stopped playing Destiny 2 recently because I gave up my PS Plus/Xbox Live subs.

So tbh meh. Not affecting me but can't say I agree with this idea if it goes through personally.

I agree with pretty much what you said on the rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So tbh meh. Not affecting me but can't say I agree with this idea if it goes through personally.
    Frankly, i wonder if the earnings would even be worth it, or if the outcry would be more expensive. Not like you could hide something like this for very long.

1. We already had a thread about this.
    2. They didn't buy a system. They applied for an exploratory patent 2 years ago.
    3. It was done by an R&D team, not a game team.
    4. They've already confirmed it's not in any current games.
    5. Go outside.

- - - Updated - - -

Well.

1. It has no relation to Blizzard directly since this is patented for Destiny 2.

2. Blizzards matchmaking has been garbage for most games. HotS and Overwatch being prime examples.

3. I stopped playing Destiny 2 recently because I gave up my PS Plus/Xbox Live subs.

I agree with pretty much what you said on the rating.
    This was not patented for D2, that was just poor reporting. Bungie has already confirmed that this is not and will not be in Destiny 2. (It also couldn't work because the things you can buy with real money don't give combat advantage)

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    1. We already had a thread about this.
    2. They didn't buy a system. They applied for an exploratory patent 2 years ago.
    3. It was done by an R&D team, not a game team.
    4. They've already confirmed it's not in any current games.
    5. Go outside.

- - - Updated - - -

This was not patented for D2, that was just poor reporting. Bungie has already confirmed that this is not and will not be in Destiny 2.
    Ah. I thought it was. Ok my bad for misreading admittedly.

Ah. I thought it was. Ok my bad for misreading admittedly.
    You didn't misread. Whoever wrote the article put Destiny 2 in there even though it was never once referenced in the patent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently no fear, the system in question isn't meant for Blizzard's games.

Oh, and FYI, EA Games did it years ago.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread isn't really about World of Warcraft at all. Activision is a big company with a lot of divisions and games plenty of which would be a good fit for this development system. There's nothing here that says that this is destined for World of Warcraft. When there's something concrete that points to it being implemented in WoW, then that's the time for threads.

Two points:

1. If someone wants to put up another thread about this that is better for actual discussion, this is not the forum.
    2. Get your facts right.

Closed.

EDIT: Link to the story in Rolling Stone if anyone is interested.

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/n...-items-w509288
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-10-21 at 06:26 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."