View Poll Results: Should flying mounts be removed?

Voters
20. This poll is closed
  • Yes

6 30.00%
  • No

14 70.00%
  • Not sure

0 0%
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Should flying mounts be removed?

Should Blizz pull a D3 AH move and remove flying for the overall good of the game?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Should Blizz pull a D3 AH move and remove flying for the overall good of the game?
    The mounts themselves shouldn't be removed, but flying in general should be removed. Let us keep our dragons and ponies with wings, just disable flight for the entire game and we got ourselves a winning formula for the game moving forward.

Leave mounts, stop adding flying in next expansions, and then maybe i will resub

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxergss View Post
    Leave mounts, stop adding flying in next expansions, and then maybe i will resub
    If they continue allowing flying in current content, ill unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If they continue allowing flying in current content, ill unsub.
    promise?

Why didn't you quit during BC, WoTLK, Cata or MoP?

That is why I call BS.

You see when they actually said no flight in WoD or any future content, I cancelled that day ... took em less then 2 weeks to change their tune .. wonder why?

Guess we will find out at Blizzcon cause you know it is going to be asked.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

How is making the game worse good for the game? Every expansion I hate being stuck on the ground more and more. They make it harder and harder to get around. I thought Highmountain was bad this time around but then they gave us Argus. I get lost trying to get from point A to point B so much. And no, the warp points aren't good enough when I'm constantly under or over my target and can't figure out how to get to where I need to be.

And please don't pull the exploration line on me. I don't explore while on I'm the ground. I don't enjoy the sights. I'm too busy trying to get around without dying, especially on Argus. I take my time to explore and enjoy a zone once I'm in the air. I used to hate Highmountain but hey, I found a lot of neat things once I took to the air! Nagrand in WoD has a lot of fun little things hidden on and around the cliffs. Things I missed until I could fly. Flight is exploration.

No, and they tried it. They found out Hell has no soul, and little Blizzard suffered for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The mounts themselves shouldn't be removed, but flying in general should be removed. Let us keep our dragons and ponies with wings, just disable flight for the entire game and we got ourselves a winning formula for the game moving forward.

Yeah it will be a great game with the other 1,000 subs you’ll have.

Flying didn’t hurt WoW. WotLK has the most subs and it allowed flying before cap. The player base is aging plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

No, no it shouldn't. They've made some areas around flying, and taking it away with all the currency (and time) people have spent on getting their mounts not just like the D3 AH, it's a plain out 'fuck you' to a large part of their playerbase.

If you don't like flying, then don't fly and stop getting your panties in a bunch over it...

10+ Year Old Account
    How many topics about this do we need? Could this not have fit into one of the.... hundred-plus others?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

No flying doesn't make the game better. Just look at how fucking awful WoD was.

Deleted
    NO. For Fucks sake. Stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    How many topics about this do we need? Could this not have fit into one of the.... hundred-plus others?
    This. Post in an existing flying related thread. There's many.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)