Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Osiria makes a good point here. Is your beef with her the writing style, or the plot decisions? Because there's a high chance the plot choices were not hers to make, only the characterization.
    The plot choices were hers because they had no affect on the game world. (Jaina being 'redeemed' by that floating chicken for example).

She might not choose the overall direction of the plot, but she does choose the little details.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    yes, it happened.

Afrisiabi is the one in charge of the creative direction now that MEtzen has left. And i think it is a mistake to have void elves on the alliance and nightborne on the horde, should be the other way round.
    It's not happening so there is no mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it is Alex Afrasiabi, here he is with Chris Metzen back in 2010 at Blizzcon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Like others have said- its nice to have a real writer on the team for once, lol. She's been with the franchise for a long time, give her a shot.
    Her characterization is great and the lore team could use some of that insight tbh. Teams are good because they can make up for eachother's weaknesses.

------

As for who's on the team specifically- even google wont let up.
    On the past blizzcon panels its always been:

Chris Metzen & Alex Afrasiabi, + Dave Kosak for mists (who has since left to work on Hearthstone. And Metzen is gone on top of that. Craig Amai was briefly lead quest designer for WoD/legion and left last year. Interstingly, he's also the dude who came up with the mists treasures. I think it's just Alex left).

As i see it, the lore team is made of the Creative Director / Quest designers / Historians (who lurk in the shadows ..)

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    yes, it happened.

Afrisiabi is the one in charge of the creative direction now that MEtzen has left. And i think it is a mistake to have void elves on the alliance and nightborne on the horde, should be the other way round.
    Afrasiabi is the lead for wow specifically (before was kosak I suppose, who delivered WOD and misteriously went on hs team), metzen was for all titles "Vice president of something something", and the new one is this woman https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lydia_Bottegoni. For what I've understood, at least.

Does anyone know if Golden is actually on the game's writing/story development team? I'd be ecstatic if that's true

Golden is by far the best writer to do extensive work in the Warcraft universe (and that includes Richard Knaak, Duncan Jones, and Chris Metzen), and if she's actually contributing to the game, and not just tie-in media, expansion 7 may well have the best storytelling WoW's ever seen.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think there is a difference between the team writing for Warcraft and then the people who have to make lore inside WoW. From what i hear, the books are quite well, but i think we all know that the team writing for WoW right now is either getting 2 week each year to write the story or are simply incompetent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thulvaso View Post
    I believe it is Alex Afrasiabi, here he is with Chris Metzen back in 2010 at Blizzcon.

He hope not. Alex is a cock.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggankonig View Post
    It's not happening so there is no mistake
    Let's hope so. We'll find out next week

I pity them. Warcraft has a great lore, but beside current content, the game is in a messy state in this respect. The leveling should tell the lore. It's incomprehensible nowadays.

Sadly I suspect that no effort will ever be made to make the game coherent again.