View Poll Results: How do you rate Argus after 10 weeks, fair content?

Voters
653. This poll is closed
  • 1-2

96 14.70%
  • 3-4

112 17.15%
  • 5-6

180 27.57%
  • 7-8

218 33.38%
  • 9-10

47 7.20%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Argus is almost okay'ish, if you count the AP gain. Other than that, not.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    It offers EXACTLY the same stuff as The Broken Shore.

The only added plus it has was the excellent story quests which were sadly over in under 2 and a half hours. They also had to be timegated over 3 weeks.

I un-subbed in the 4th or 5th week of Argus release when I realised.... "I've been doing this content for months". It's the same crap with a slightly fresh coat of paint(arguably only in Macaree). Not to mention its an RNG hell-hole too.

I'll be back for Antorus next week but once I've downed that with my mates on Heroic we are all un-subbing again. This content CANNOT carry this game for 10-12 months. It's bland, boring and uninspired.

They told us we were getting a new BG with the Sithilus patch in 7.3.5. Alongside improved levelling. What's the point though if they don't give us at least SOME of the Allied Races?

Guess what? We're not getting the BG. We're only getting a "preview". Whatever the fuck that means.
    TBH, I just accept these days that we've "been doing this content" for years. It's all the same basic formula that Blizz has been successful with in the past: quests to go kill some mobs, quests to go collect some things (which probably means killing some mobs), quests to go back and kill the boss of the mobs, eventually leading to dungeons and raids. For world content in the end, we get dailies (which have evolved into world quests), rares (which aren't all that rare, but feel like opportunity kills since they aren't always there), and randomly spawning treasure chests. I'm sure their patch checklist includes developing new mounts and pets and toys that are sprinkled around these zones.

Is all that enough to make for a fun game? I am still playing, but my attitude toward it has changed over the years. I played passionately back in WotLK and Cata, then got disillusioned with the loot treadmill and took a long break (3 years or so). Since I've come back, my expectations and commitment to the game are both more 'reasonable' (how I think of it). It's just a game, a silly amusement for our spare time. It's not my only hobby, and I expect no more from it than I would from any other entertainment costing $15/month. So as long as I get the equivalent of 1-2 movies worth of fun per month, I'll keep playing.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Argus is about as good, if not, then better than The Timeless Isles. And that says a lot, since The Timeless Isle was one of the only good things about MoP, other than the Siege of Orgrimmar (AKA, the end of MoP).

-Argus the Unmaker himself.
    Why would you sign "-Argus the Unmaker himself." When your name is right above you pixelated avatar?

Is there even a reason to do those after they hotfixed so you don't need to do them to enter the greater invasions?

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The difference is in the quality of the content.

Basically the way I see it is that with questing content they're telling a story. You're still performing the same actions but it's much more "immersive".

With Argus you got quality questing that lasted less than 2.5 hours.

Then it was back to the Broken Shore. You are literally performing the exact same WQs, rares and chests. They just have different models and names. Macaree is the only zone that even looks unique. So many re-used assets and gameplay.

I guess that's the point isn't it. It doesn't entertain me. So I un-subbed. Nothing wrong with that I guess. I just know they're capable of more.

I don't know how anyone can defend the content drought that is coming though. It really shouldn't happen anymore. The last raid of an expansion should last 4-5 months max.

I know I'll enjoy BfA for the questing and the initial gearing up process, dungeons and raids etc. But if it just devolves into WQs, emissaries, chests and rares then.. Meh.
    Yep to pretty much all of that. I much prefer when there is still a story going on. I can enjoy something like Argus when I'm gearing up a new alt, because every couple of WQs is an upgrade, but that fun only lasts so long. I already find myself playing through legacy content as much as current (farming MoP mounts because I skipped that one, trying for 300 because that heavenly blue cloud serpent matches my monk's transmog ). If they don't add some story development post ToA, I imagine many of us will be taking breaks. Which might be healthy anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Is there even a reason to do those after they hotfixed so you don't need to do them to enter the greater invasions?
    They are supposed to be a good way to farm legendaries, so I guess it depends on whether you still need legendaries you don't already have. I've gotten one from invasions so far, and have started trying to do more of them as I still need shoulders for my monk and a 1st legendary for my DK (dinged 110 last weekend).

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

That was fun the first few times. Now that's a chore, and it's even more boring when everything is rushed by 40-man raids.

The lack of diversity in Invasions kinda killed the fun though

Deleted
    Very boring, nothing like timeless isle. Invasion points are que up and either kill or afk. I generally don't favor the landscape just as much either but I understand the reasoning behind it lorewise

Deleted
    I wish it was harder. I enjoy the idea, you leave the safety of your ship and go on to complete missions, hunt rare mobs, search for chests and collect materials. The problem is that characters these days are so powerful you can just pull all the mobs you want and aoe them down. Sometimes there are some elite level mobs that actually hit hard and take some time to kill, but even then I feel like all my characters just overpower the content. I don't really do end game raiding or high M+ and my characters vary from ilvl 910-935, yet I still don't feel like it's that dangerous to go there.

I kind of like the fact that Antoran Wastes only has a couple teleporters and you have to venture deep into the zone to complete some quests. I wish there's stuff like that in the future. Part of why the game is boring is not just that all the classes are very easy to play, it's also that the outdoor content is very easy and forgiving. Completing quests in Argus is super fast because you can teleport almost right next to most quests and the quests themselves only require you to kill mobs that won't even scratch you.

I know this is pretty good for people who have alts and limited time to play, but I would like to see some harder quests in the future, where you would actually need to play carefully. I mean, you're not really forced to do every daily quest/emissary on all of your characters. Pull everything and spam AoE gets very repetitive really fast, one of the many reasons I don't really play D3 anymore. I hope the islands in BfA aren't going to be super easy and hopefully they'll stay relevant throughout the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    How was he offended? lol
    his response seemed like he was quick to put his shield up, when all i said was that it seems a lot of people liked MoP.

why are you butting in?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    2/10.
    1 for new content
    1 for new mounts to collect!
    -5 for no flying
    -3 for a shit ton of mobs everywhere and daze effects!

I logged in today after not being on for several weeks. Despite being a Holiday Argus was dead. Like 10 people in the zone if that. Dalaran was dead as well. Even with the new Raid, the End of legion will be worse off then WOD or MOP was. The Devs really overestimated the End content for Legion and screwed the pooch bad.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I logged in today after not being on for several weeks. Despite being a Holiday Argus was dead. Like 10 people in the zone if that. Dalaran was dead as well. Even with the new Raid, the End of legion will be worse off then WOD or MOP was. The Devs really overestimated the End content for Legion and screwed the pooch bad.
    Its IMO cause of splitting outdoor content and a new raid in two patches.
    Some people may argue its better for the game cause its a steady content, but in reality its not. Not everyone does outdoor content and not everyone does raids.

Most of the playerbase doesnt raid (just my guess), so they are not looking forward to the new raid. So what is there before them? Nothing. Expansion already ended.
    The people that raid and do outdoor content had it good cause they are getting bored with Argus, but the new raid is coming.
    The people that only raid probably were unsubscribed until now.

So in truth, Blizz split one patch into two smaller ones and called it "so much steady content" but in reality it stays true only for the middle group (does outdoor and raids) which i assume is the smallest playerbase out of the three. Worst thing is this, on the first glance, looks like a good strategy but its not. Imagine getting 3 icc dungeons for 3 months, and then getting ICC. Would you call it so much steady content? No.

Deleted
    The difference is in the quality of the content.

Basically the way I see it is that with questing content they're telling a story. You're still performing the same actions but it's much more "immersive".

With Argus you got quality questing that lasted less than 2.5 hours.

Then it was back to the Broken Shore. You are literally performing the exact same WQs, rares and chests. They just have different models and names. Macaree is the only zone that even looks unique. So many re-used assets and gameplay.

I guess that's the point isn't it. It doesn't entertain me. So I un-subbed. Nothing wrong with that I guess. I just know they're capable of more.

I don't know how anyone can defend the content drought that is coming though. It really shouldn't happen anymore. The last raid of an expansion should last 4-5 months max.

I know I'll enjoy BfA for the questing and the initial gearing up process, dungeons and raids etc. But if it just devolves into WQs, emissaries, chests and rares then.. Meh.
    you are speaking my mind...plus there is no incentive for me to do that content because every piece of gear is easily replaced, warforged+titanforged bullcrap drops and suddenly my random piece of gear I worked 2 weeks for is gone

gameplay just isnt rewarding, good patch is such that one still plays...7.2 was good in this regard, im still working on class mounts, class challenges, PvP brawls are always good...

farming for some new random mount does not provide any challenge to me :/

Initial storyline was ok, the zone itself is just blah to look at, blah to navigate. As far as my main and second toon are concerned the rewards are garbage and the Ap is meh and the only thing to venture there for. As for the invasion points they were meh, only real point to join one was for the Ap but even then the amount was quicjly outpaced.