Deleted

That one mechanic

Greetings,

I was going to make a quick thread asking about a mechanic in BRH but I thought that'd be too small a topic to be worthy of an entire thread. Then the idea came to me of creating a thread where people post about something they're not entirely sure about, be it how to execute something correctly in a raid, or just an ability a boss does in a dungeon.

Mines is the latter, so here's an example: In BRH the Amalgam of Souls does heavy group wide damage after all the banshees that are trying to reach him have been cleared. In high mythic+ keys I always seem to die. Am I saying too close to the boss or is it unavoidable damage that must be negated with a defensive? If so I'm doomed to die as a Fury warrior with nothing to save me.

I think a thread like this has potential in that it allows players to improve and ask questions, but who knows.

Thanks.

Yes you have to use defensives. Try not to be enraged (you take more dmg when enraged) when his cast goes through and use the health group buff. On higher keys the aoe does very high dmg, even though no banshee comes through
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2017-11-18 at 06:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That mechanic is amplified by the number of banshees that reach him. To minimize the damage, you need to kill as many of them as possible or coordinate defensives if you are on a high key and just trying to burn. Mythic plus is designed for coordinated groups. Just plan whether you are going to stack defensives or kill the banshees. Its not going to work if only 1 or 2 dps burn banshees and then no one uses a defensive.

Deleted
    It's unavoidable. The damage is increased by every ghost that makes it to the boss. You have to use Enrage Regen and possibly try to not be enraged when the cast happens

Unavoidable damage. Need to pop some major cd’s when bird boss explodes. I’ve ran BRH on higher keys and even as a unholy dk with the bigger anti magic shell + icebound it still hit me like a truck. Went from 5.1m to 320ish thousand. Have healer or anyone pop major cd and should be fine.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pop your defensive. Can't remember if Fury has Die by the Sword but pop that if you got it and you should be right. Make sure you're not Enraged too if you can, clicking it off if you can?
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Yes you have to use defensives. Try not to be enraged (you take more dmg when enraged) when his cast goes through and use the health group buff. On higher keys the aoe does very high dmg, even though no banshee comes through
    The main reason I wanted to ask that question was because I was dying even with commanding shout up. I'll need to see if I'm enraged next time I do it. Hopefully that should stop me from dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Pop your defensive. Can't remember if Fury has Die by the Sword but pop that if you got it and you should be right. Make sure you're not Enraged too if you can, clicking it off if you can?
    Edited: Sadly no die by the sword as Fury. I hope you can click off enrage, haha.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-11-18 at 06:35 PM.

Fury warrior don't have big dmg reduce cd's because they have a much higher lifepool than others - the only problem is enraged, which increases the dmg they take (15 or 20%) - if you still die, ask for externals

Ask your healer if they can throw an external on you as well. Can also use a prolongued power potion to increase your health pool a lil more.