Deleted

Why does top Frost mages use Arctic Gale on ST bosses in ToS ?

Im still quite new with this frost thing, but why would anyone choose Arctic Gale on ST bosses in ToS?

I thought Unstable Magic was the goto talent on ST, but when i look at the top logs in ToS HC, it shows differently.

Whats the catch, what am i missing ?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14

it does more damage than Unstable M
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Because no one can be arsed to swap talents left and right for HC, and AG should (I only really play a frost mage alt) be stronger on any boss with multiple targets. If you check Goroth and Maiden Mythic you'll see that almost everyone plays UM, and they are the only two fights which are truly single target.

EDIT: Almost every Goroth and Maiden HC top logs are done with UM, I don't know where you find your top logs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post

Since when is Kil'jaeden single target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fragnot View Post
    Im still quite new with this frost thing, but why would anyone choose Arctic Gale on ST bosses in ToS?

I thought Unstable Magic was the goto talent on ST, but when i look at the top logs in ToS HC, it shows differently.

Whats the catch, what am i missing ?
    AG > UM when you can use Blizzard on 3+ targets at least once every 3 minutes.

Deleted
    Because it does more damage than Unstable, and add cleave.

Are they using blizzard though? Cause unless you are using belt, it's a dps loss to even use a gcd to use the instant blizzard on st.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Are they using blizzard though? Cause unless you are using belt, it's a dps loss to even use a gcd to use the instant blizzard on st.
    1 blizzard during a 2.5-3min period on 2+ targets is more dps then unstable magic

so in ToS HC that only leaves Goroth and Maiden HC where unstable magic outshines artic gale
    all the other encounters will have 3+ targets up once withing every 2.5-3mins wich you can blizzard for dmg and quicker orb

Unstable Magic does so little damage it isn't worth swapping to every other fight when Artic Gale or even Frost Bomb will do more damage on multiple targets and trash. UM needs a rework or a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post

That's not a single target fight.

Regardless of AG, you do not cast Blizzard on single target.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    Unstable Magic does so little damage it isn't worth swapping to every other fight when Artic Gale or even Frost Bomb will do more damage on multiple targets and trash. UM needs a rework or a buff.
    Just delete it, a talent that you have to scroll way down if your damage breakdown after the fight to notice if it did anything, it has 0 visuals it doesn't affect your character in any way. Its just lazy design, its like the devs were designing our talents, they scribbiled something down and went out to lunch and forgot about it.

UM is so shit u can go with no talents selected in that tier and not notice any difference, it's about 0.2% of dmg lul
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

blizzard hits reduce the cooldown on frozen orb

so can use the free cast of it to get in more orbs over the fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    blizzard hits reduce the cooldown on frozen orb

so can use the free cast of it to get in more orbs over the fight
    Wha? You don't get free casts of Blizzard unless you have the legendary belt, and using Blizzard on single target is always a dps loss. People take it over UM because as soon as you add in a target AG becomes better, and UM by itself might as well not do much of anything.

TL;DR people can't be asked to use a tome to switch when the difference between the talents is so minimal

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    That's not a single target fight.

Regardless of AG, you do not cast Blizzard on single target.
    That reminds me of a mage a few friends and I grouped with back in Vanilla or TBC. We were running a dungeon (I think it may have been Scarlet Monastery) and he pretty much only used his AOE spells...regardless if we were fighting 1 guy or 5. When we asked him why he proudly proclaimed "I AOE!". It's been kind of a meme with us since then.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.