Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Also if you go back further, 226 guilds killed Kil'jaeden before 3.0 and 92 guilds killed Kel'Thuzad before 2.0.
    Just curious, where did u get the Kel'Thuzad number? Was looking for some information about classic progress but couldn't find anything still on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    Nice strawman.
    When a guild raids 6h a week, there is obviously a large room for guild ranking improvement just by adding 1 or 2 raid sessions per week.
    Yet there are guilds doing the same hours but ranking 300+ places and several months apart. If it's all about hours they should be close, right? Right?
    Call it skill/dedication/leadership/organisation/whatever but there is much more to raiding than just putting hours into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merillo View Post
    so I'm not the only one who noticed ion hazzikostas killed it last night... let the theories begin lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    Yet there are guilds doing the same hours but ranking 300+ places and several months apart. If it's all about hours they should be close, right? Right?
    Call it skill/dedication/leadership/organisation/whatever but there is much more to raiding than just putting hours into it.
    For sure there is always room for improvement in a lot of different areas when you're not already at the very top. But well if you do only 2x3h a week with good results, adding a weekly raid session per week is very very likely to be a good damn "bang for the buck" improvement.

Or the other way around, how many top 100 guilds raid 6h a week or less? (not sure if we include split runs here...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Blizzard should have rolled out much heavier nerfs months ago. But they are too dumb for this. It is clear that ToS is overtuned crap even after numerous nerfs.

But now it's too late. ToS failed miserably.
    My guild managed to get cutting edge, it's pretty easy, just takes time to learn. If you don't get it because of your guild, then it's your own fault for not transfering to a guild that performs as well as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Also if you go back further, 226 guilds killed Kil'jaeden before 3.0
    https://www.wowprogress.com/boss/kil...70#first_kills

WoWprogress says about 370 WEST guilds killed KJ before 3.0. That doesn't include asian guilds.

I think I can probably speak on this. I've mainly been a pvper, I've gotten gladiator/r1 so in the past I was more hardcore than most players probably, and I've also raided in guilds in very different spots in the spectrum.

I've raided in US top 10 and and then US 300 or so guilds and the differences in individual ability aren't that high. Players learn faster for sure, it might take someone in a US top 10 guild 15-20 fewer pulls to nail a mechanic down, but overall they aren't much better.

The real difference is in leadership as you said, and the ability to maintain good class comps/replacement raiders for the ones that are fucking up. If a US 320 or so guild gets stuck on fallen avatar because 2-4 players are failing, they likely won't have the roster they need to just pull in different players like a US top 10 guild would.

Another differense is indeed dedication as well. When I raided in US top 10 guilds you could be sure almost everyone would be there exactly on time and ready to pull the boss, top 300 or so and people are always late. Mentality is also pretty different, better guilds tend to not break down after a bunch of wipes.
    Last edited by asil; 2017-11-23 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    And if you'd bump it to 120 you'd suddenly become top 1? Oh wait, you wouldn't, 'cause you can't compensate skill w/ any amount of hours after some point. And it's not even about skill for some people, they can't focus for more than 2-3 hours straight and start derping massively.
    So a logical fallacy is your only tool to construct an argument? Do they teach that in LFR?