Which mounts should I get next? To reach 300?

Let me start by saying I won’t blame anyone who has better things to do than advise me on this. I honestly won’t be offended if this post gets zero responses. But it did occur to me that some of you hanging out in this channel are real pros when it comes to mount farming, and might have thoughts on which were quick and easy vs. which were more of a project.

My goal is to reach 300, because that Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent would be perfect for my blue-mogged Pandaren monk. Tracking the achievement in-game shows me at 267 atm, with my paladin showing that number in armory. I am only 1-2 days from having the two mounts from Operation Shieldwall, and have started all six from the garrison stables (not sure how many more quests till they start counting). I’ve got a rogue and DK who are 110 but haven’t collected their class mounts, so there’s a few more.

Here’s a link to the ones I haven’t collected yet, on the toon that has the most usable ones according to the Armory:
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/list=1681250...ompare=missing

If anyone does take a notion to comment, thanks in advance!

Grandmaster Kolee

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    First question you wanna ask yourself: do you want to farm some of the mounts from old raids and dungeons?
    If so. I find that the simple armory link might be helpful for you.
    Anyway, you might wanna check out http://simplearmory.com/#/us/stormra...ectable/mounts and then the Mount Planner.

Outside of old dungeons and raids, there is quite a few Reputation mounts which are "relatively" easy to get. Like the Tillers mounts, and you also miss one from the Argent Tournament.

There is also the 4 mounts from the Battle Pets in legion which are obtainable in a few days.

And a very easy (and free) to get the mount from winning 3 games in Hearthstone

Again: http://simplearmory.com/#/us/stormra...ectable/mounts might show you some more you may have missed.

Thanks! I forgot about the Hearthstone one. And had not noticed the ones for battle pets. I will check out those links. I have started the Tillers, but still just honored. I also want to do Lorewalkers; those two will finish me up for Pandaren Ambassador (another mount). And I am at 252 toys, with probably a bunch that would be easy to get, with 300 toys awarding a mount.

You don't have Strahtholme, Vortex Pinnacle, Stonecore. These are all farmable instances that give you mounts. (meaning you just clear the boss, go out, reset and go back).

Your HC only instances (ZG, MGT, Sethekk) and old raids are also untouched.

Draenor stables are some easy mounts for about week+ of doing dailies that take like 15 minutes.

You have lots of easy stuff to go for.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2017-11-23 at 11:39 PM.

You are missing many very easily obtained mounts through Achievements... Mostly the raids and dungeons Meta's, but also reputations and Exploration.

Farming Cata and MoP dailies and raids and dungeons for a couple of months should net you a nice amount of mounts (and pets)

So go do those, and see what other easy ones you may be able to come by...

Madness will consume you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know someone else linked it, but going off Simple Armory is one of the best things for mount collecting (imo)
    http://simplearmory.com/#/us/stormra...ectable/mounts

You got 4 relatively easy ones with the Falcosaurs
    4 more with Argus Rares (once/day on as many chars as you have)
    8 from Stables in WoD

Another thing, is the Order Hall Class Mounts will count towards your achievement, best classes being:
    Paladin - x4
    Rogue - x4
    Warlock - x3
    Hunter - x3

It's pretty fast to level chars through invasions nowadays.

Quick edit: Other than that, it's mostly start getting farming on those rare drops from dungeons/raids

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmique View Post
    Another thing, is the Order Hall Class Mounts will count towards your achievement, best classes being:
    Paladin - x4
    Rogue - x4
    Warlock - x3
    Hunter - x3
    Unless it's been fixed recently only two of the warlock mounts will count towards upping your count, for some unknown reason the mage mount, priest mount and one of the warlock mounts didn't count when a lot of people did all the class mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    Unless it's been fixed recently only two of the warlock mounts will count towards upping your count, for some unknown reason the mage mount, priest mount and one of the warlock mounts didn't count when a lot of people did all the class mounts.
    Heard something about the priest/mage ones not counting, first I've heard of one of the warlock ones not doing so however

So paladins are best for mount counting? class halls 4 and 3 for pala spec? or there is more?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipso View Post
    So paladins are best for mount counting? class halls 4 and 3 for pala spec? or there is more?
    correct. /10char

I know someone else linked it, but going off Simple Armory is one of the best things for mount collecting (imo)
    http://simplearmory.com/#/us/stormra...ectable/mounts

You got 4 relatively easy ones with the Falcosaurs
    4 more with Argus Rares (once/day on as many chars as you have)
    8 from Stables in WoD

Paladin - x4
    Rogue - x4
    Warlock - x3
    Hunter - x3

It's pretty fast to level chars through invasions nowadays.

Quick edit: Other than that, it's mostly start getting farming on those rare drops from dungeons/raids
    I thought it was only 7 from the stables - good to know! My stable pets are all in the works; not sure how many quests I have left. I don't have the cheevo for level 3 stable yet, so won't be today or tomorrow.

I just started leveling my hunter last night. He was still 100 sitting in garrison. I got him to the Hunters Lodge and equipped him with heirlooms before logging off for the evening.

I should get started on those falcosaur mounts! I keep forgetting those.

280 now and counting...

There is (or, used to be...) a mount from the Arathi Basin Quartermaster (I think) out near the actual BG. It's a ram for Alliance and a wolf for Horde, but in opposite of typical faction colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    I thought it was only 7 from the stables - good to know! My stable pets are all in the works; not sure how many quests I have left. I don't have the cheevo for level 3 stable yet, so won't be today or tomorrow.

I just started leveling my hunter last night. He was still 100 sitting in garrison. I got him to the Hunters Lodge and equipped him with heirlooms before logging off for the evening.

I should get started on those falcosaur mounts! I keep forgetting those.
    With Stables you get some from just doing the quests, then there's two/three? sort of 'hidden' ones that are from achievements where you have to fight the ellite mobs in Nagrand while mounted on each different type of mount with an item in your inventory - the item is found at the stable, something Claw and I think the other is a necklace or something (can't remember) - Achive name is Advanced Husbandry I think

Also with alt levelling, just doing the Invasions+Heirlooms is like 1 and a half levels per invasion so popping on doing them is pretty efficient

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    There is (or, used to be...) a mount from the Arathi Basin Quartermaster (I think) out near the actual BG. It's a ram for Alliance and a wolf for Horde, but in opposite of typical faction colors.
    That's Alterac Valley, and it's still there! Alliance Quatermaster is just south of the Ruins if Alterac in Hillsbrad Foothills, I think the Horde one might be to the east/west of that somewhere as well. Not sure what the costs are anymore though a6s it's gone from 60 AV tokens > 2k Honour points > ????

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what the costs are anymore though a6s it's gone from 60 AV tokens > 2k Honour points > ????
    Marks of honor probably?

That's Alterac Valley, and it's still there! Alliance Quatermaster is just south of the Ruins if Alterac in Hillsbrad Foothills, I think the Horde one might be to the east/west of that somewhere as well. Not sure what the costs are anymore though a6s it's gone from 60 AV tokens > 2k Honour points > ????
    Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    Marks of honor probably?
    Yep. Got that one for 15 marks.

Big thanks to everyone who offered helpful suggestions.
    I think I farmed 100+ mounts over the last month; feels like anyway.
    But I got him! And am very happy with him.

Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-12-18 at 09:12 AM.

Congrats! I'm pushing for this too! I had 300+ mounts, but when I checked individually I'm only at 257. Disappointed but, gonna pick it back up and get farming. I need to stop being stingy with my gold and just pick up the buy-able mounts.

http://simplearmory.com/#/us/moon%20...ectable/mounts

I never used this site before though, it's pretty helpful. Gonna pick up some mounts I didn't know existed.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2017-12-18 at 07:06 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Congrats! I'm pushing for this too! I had 300+ mounts, but when I checked individually I'm only at 257. Disappointed but, gonna pick it back up and get farming. I need to stop being stingy with my gold and just pick up the buy-able mounts.

http://simplearmory.com/#/us/moon%20...ectable/mounts

I never used this site before though, it's pretty helpful. Gonna pick up some mounts I didn't know existed.
    Similar to what happened with me. First time I thought I was close and got my hopes up, turned out I was really far away. But I just threw myself into it, did a lot of old rep grinds, and leveled some alts I hadn't played in a while to get their class mounts. Got a handful of lucky drops along the way. Finished with a flurry so I am actually 303 now (including this one).