Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    My luckiest and unluckiest mount luck was in dragon soul. Both of Deathwings mounts hadn't dropped in 350ish runs. Then they dropped in the same run. I have a screenshot of that someplace.

Thank goodness I never need to go back there again.

15+ Year Old Account
    It took me cataclysm --> February 2017 with 12 rerolls weekly to get the reins of Invincible.

Just bad RNG really. I've run strat probably upwards of 500+ times (this isn't even an exaggeration either, I've farmed the living hell out of that damn place) over the years on various characters and still haven't gotten it to drop. On the other hand I got the Onyxia Mount on my 2nd run and Mimiron's head on about the 10th or so run. Sometimes the RNG gods favor you, and sometimes they spite you.

I think a lot of people get hung up on what a drop chance means too. Not saying you are thinking this way by any means, but I have come across more people than I would like to admit saying well it's a 1% drop chance and I ran it 100 times and it never dropped so it either doesn't drop anymore or it's bugged. Them not realizing 1% drop rate means 1% each and every run, not a cumulative percentage of all your runs. 1% is hella low, and as my own farming of strat has shown RNG can really suck big time. Invincible is my other white whale that has yet to show it's face after running ICC multiple times a week on various characters for years now.

I just farmed it on one character. I'd go to the instance, speed run as much as possible, and then leave. Usually did this until the "too many instances" message and called it a day. Would go back the next day. Tookabout a month to drop, so ill count myself lucky and sounds like you are just being screwed over by RNG and percentages of a .01-1% mount drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    Farmed this in TBC on my warrior. Made it more fun by trying to beat my previous time, was under 10 min with only pvp gear, pretty nice. Still took 150 tries.
    haha funny thing I was indeed timing my runs in the begining. Clock started as I opened the first gateway. Fastest run I got before I couldn't be arsed clocking it anymore was on my rogue (Bear tartar, Shadowstep x 2, sprint, goblin rocketboots and glider..) 1min 59sec. Most of the times it clocked around 2-3min.
    Last edited by mmocceb9dc1028; 2017-12-10 at 12:55 PM.