Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "Dominance is their aim", says the official website. Hard to "dominate" anything when you're restricted to a tiny floating rock in the Nether. What's the point in being the king if you got nobody to rule over?

Besides, if warlocks are really "all about power and fuck everything else" as you claim, why were they fighting the Legion in the first place? Wouldn't it make more sense to them to ally themselves with the Legion, then? After all, Sargeras grants great power to those who join the Legion.

Also, why do you feel the need to use insults? Are you really not that confident in your own arguments that you have to try and get me angry? All it does is to make you sound childish.
    You would still have your army and if everyone is dead, you've already won.

You'll have to talk to Blizzard's shitty writers about that one.

I have all the confidence in the world but I also don't care to listen to someone so ignorant try so desperately to prove me wrong with whatever weak excuses they can conjure up. After a while it's pathetic and obnoxious.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-13 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    You would still have your army and if everyone is dead, you've already won.
    So you consider a complete, total and utter loss a "victory"? Again, what's the point of being a king if you have no land to rule? You prefer to live in a tiny little lifeless rock in the middle of nowhere in space, rather than live in a whole, living planet.

I have all the confidence in the world but I also don't care to listen to someone so ignorant
    Your actions betray your words. I honestly pity anyone who tries to debate with you in real life. You seem the kind of person who would shout over other people and insult them to try to drown their voice and intimidate them, rather than have a civil conversation.

try so desperately to prove me wrong with whatever weak excuses they can conjure up. After a while it's pathetic and obnoxious.
    "Weak excuses". You use head-canon to try to back up your complaints about warlocks relinquishing their artifacts. That's the weak excuse, here. At no point in the lore it is said that the player warlock is the kind of character who would allow the entire life on the planet end and the world be destroyed just so he could keep a powerful artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So you consider a complete, total and utter loss a "victory"? Again, what's the point of being a king if you have no land to rule? You prefer to live in a tiny little lifeless rock in the middle of nowhere in space, rather than live in a whole, living planet.

Your actions betray your words. I honestly pity anyone who tries to debate with you in real life. You seem the kind of person who would shout over other people and insult them to try to drown their voice and intimidate them, rather than have a civil conversation.

"Weak excuses". You use head-canon to try to back up your complaints about warlocks relinquishing their artifacts. That's the weak excuse, here. At no point in the lore it is said that the player warlock is the kind of character who would allow the entire life on the planet end and the world be destroyed just so he could keep a powerful artifact.
    I'm a Warlock, so yes. Again, you seem to be projecting awfully hard.

Thanks for the armchair analysis, I'm sure I'll care eventually.

Once again, the only one using any "head-canon" is you. I know what the established lore is for my class but apparently that upsets you so you refuse to accept it. That said, this argument has been nothing but a merry-go-round of futility so I'm done and if you want to soothe your fragile and pretend you've "won" then be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I'm a Warlock, so yes. Again, you seem to be projecting awfully hard.

Thanks for the armchair analysis, I'm sure I'll care eventually.

Once again, the only one using any "head-canon" is you. I know what the established lore is for my class but apparently that upsets you so you refuse to accept it. That said, this argument has been nothing but a merry-go-round of futility so I'm done and if you want to soothe your fragile and pretend you've "won" then be my guest.
    I'm not using head-canon. You are. At no point in the lore or in the official website it says that the warlock the player controls has a complete and total disdain for life, which would be necessary for them to simply allow the entire planet and everything and everyone living in it to die, solely to keep a magical artifact.

You ascribe aspirations and goals to your character that not only are never mentioned in the lore, but also go in direct contradiction to some of the things your character does throughout its lifetime: how many times was your warlock tasked to retrieve a powerful item, but instead of keeping it for himself to further amass its power, instead he gave it away for some meager couple pieces of gold and perhaps a lackluster. much less powerful magical item?

You say your warlock's goal is to amass all the power he can get regardless of how many innocents, or worlds, have to die. It's fine if you want to role-play it that way, but that's not the WoW's warlock player class.

And even in the unlikely possibility that the player warlock does have a complete and total disdain for life... letting Azeroth be destroyed would still be heavily detrimental to his goals. After all, the entire arcane knowledge of Dalaran would be destroyed. The entire arcane knowledge of the elves would be destroyed. Artifacts yet undiscovered or unrevealed would be forever lost. Not to mention a metric-ton of valuable resources (like food and water) would be lost forever. I doubt a tiny fel-infested floating rock in the middle of space would allow farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    But until the last moment I was hoping Blizzard actually gives a real, well written reason for them to go.

I was picturing something like the class mount quest, just a little scenario for every single weapon, where the weapon is either destroyed, loses power or returns to some new owner.
    Srsly though... I WISH something like this would happen. Super bummed that Ulthalesh, a Sargeras crafted weapon, sucked tens or even hundreds of thousands souls, completely destroyed what is now called Deadwind pass to the point no one is alive to remember what was there or what it was called before, just breaks and is gone forever. SO LAME, such a huge plot hole, doesn't make sense. If anything, it should be empowered because both weapons are forged from Sargeras and Ulthalesh literally gets its power from absorbing other powers.