Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigmatar View Post
    All I see is another brainlet linking all bosses like it means anything.
    That's because your brain is too broken to comprehend the information being given to you
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

so glad i have an affliction warlock, which is my preferred spec of the class.... i knew if i rode it out on that spec long enough it would return the favor!

haha,, jk i've always liked affliction

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    That's because your brain is too broken to comprehend the information being given to you
    good argument brainman

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    good argument brainman
    excellent and eloquent response. I await your data to prove me wrong

t. brainlet

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    t. brainlet
    Yawn. This is boring. You've basically created a statement out of thin air with nothing to back it up and decided to argue across the internet. This isn't even amusing enough to continue with

Deleted
    What about healers? I've been seeing Mistweaver Monks do really well. And druids still get brought despite not being Nr 1 in raw Hps anymore.

Deleted
    Healing is so braindead and generic at this moment it really doesn't matter what classes you bring as long as you got a HPal and possible Rsham.

Yawn. This is boring. You've basically created a statement out of thin air with nothing to back it up and decided to argue across the internet. This isn't even amusing enough to continue with
    chickennnn

If Affliction was the god tier you make it out to be I would guess that the very best guilds in the world would use more Affliction warlocks.

But looking at the comps from the best guilds in the world for the hardest content I see rare Affliction Warlocks in their first kills.

They use other DPS classes more than Affliction warlocks for the hardest content, so MAYBE there is more to the usefulness of the class than raw DPS and maybe that's were Affliction Warlock falls short and maybe that's why Affliction can not be discribed as a FotM class.

Maybe.

Data? Look at the WF kill comps for Argus, KJ, Avatar, Gul'dan and so on. You won't see a high usage of Affliction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    If Affliction was the god tier you make it out to be I would guess that the very best guilds in the world would use more Affliction warlocks.

But looking at the comps from the best guilds in the world for the hardest content I see rare Affliction Warlocks in their first kills.

They use other DPS classes more than Affliction warlocks for the hardest content, so MAYBE there is more to the usefulness of the class than raw DPS and maybe that's were Affliction Warlock falls short and maybe that's why Affliction can not be discribed as a FotM class.

Maybe.

Data? Look at the WF kill comps for Argus, KJ, Avatar, Gul'dan and so on. You won't see a high usage of Affliction.
    World First compositions are a very weak argument because of the nature of these guilds, where they have large pool of leveled classes of all kinds and shapes, so they pick most optimal shit for every encounter.

Affliction is definitely top choice right now simply because it is universally good - when you can have 1 main and maybe 1 geared alt - which is what most raiders usually have - Affliction is easily performing the best, simply because even worst case encounters for it - pure ST ones, they are still doing ok there and as soon as it's not pure ST they quickly snowball to the top.

Add to that it being a ranged spec and being tough as nails as well and it ends up being the most consistently good spec there is.

- - - Updated - - -

If this helps - it's a shadow of SoO glory definitely, where it was objectively OP as fuck, but it's still a tad too strong right now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post

Maybe.

You're talking world first kills of specific bosses. Small sample size. I'm speaking of millions of logs gathered over months of time. Apples and oranges.

- - - Updated - - -

chickennnn
    Yawn. /10char

Have they not nerfed affliction Warlock the first week of every last 3 raids? Nighthold, ToS and Antorus. Definitely the 2 last ones.

I would guess there is a reason for that. Mainly that spec has been the top spec for 3 raids in a row now.

Deleted
    A few more weeks of data strengthens the Affliction case. Its participation in Mythic is off the charts and only challenged by Mages (Frost and Fire combined though), and it performs exceptionally well on just about every fight.

It's a Ranged DPS with great mobile cleave DPS and amazing survivability. Even in its ST spec, while trading some mobility, it is still excellent. Not only that but it's absolutely amazing in M+ and has several talent options to play around with, for people who enjoy choice.
    It doesn't overly rely on specific Legendaries (unlike Moonkins) and is a beast at doing world content. There's something extremely satisfying about casting SoC with Sow The Seeds and watching it just pop until everything blows up.

Speaking as a Holy Paladin main, their self healing and tankiness is great to have. A lot of the trickiest Antorus healing moments come in bursts. Warlocks mitigate a large part of burst damage intake passively and can recover on their own quickly with DS.

An amazing spec without a lot of weaknesses. Last time I mained Affliction was in SoO, and while they don't perform on the level of those days (which was crazy), they are in the same relative spot compared to other DPS.

I'll second Antorus having huge periods of incoming damage:
    Mythic Aggramar adds
    Mythic Kin'Garoth marbles
    Mythic Imonar bridge-crossing

and I think Argus has a ton of it as well

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    For Argus: Brewmaster

For the first time in Legion, bears aren't #1
    (still perfectly respectable, but not #1)

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Weren't they #1 on Gul'Dan?

Aff lock is probably FotM, but I kind of mis-wrote the title, was more meaning bosses that required certain classes.

So far, Blood DKs and / or DKs in general for Mythic Aggramar seem to be pretty dang handy.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2018-01-05 at 09:55 AM.