Poll: Should Titanforging be Removed from the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    As it is now should be gone forever. I don't think they are going to fix the problems in the end at all however.

Cap it in raids so that it can only proc a maximum of +15 (or whatever the next difficulty is). Same for world boss loot. Don't change anything else about it.

Best change in ages in that it allows you to push past the insane people demanding gear from the pvm content to participate in the pvm content. The toxicity of those elitists is what pushed me out of raiding all the way since back in WotLK.

Now with just a bit of luck you can push your ilevel up to get into those groups as long as you're not an idiot with mechanics, as it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan, getting gear is already rng enough...don't like random legendary stuff and don't like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Best change in ages in that it allows you to push past the insane people demanding gear from the pvm content to participate in the pvm content. The toxicity of those elitists is what pushed me out of raiding all the way since back in WotLK.

Now with just a bit of luck you can push your ilevel up to get into those groups as long as you're not an idiot with mechanics, as it should be.
    Thank heavens for add-ons like gear score and m+ scoring, because that is one way to weed out the bads from signing up to my m+ and pug raids.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Remove titanforging from the game, put back the item upgrade system from MoP, with 2 4 or 5 ilvl upgrades, using a special currency to upgrade the gear, which could be gained from all content, but at higher rates from higher difficulty content. Put gem sockets back on base gear, have tertiary stats as consumable item enhancements made by inscription. Warforging could stay, but all it should do is make an item proc either 1/2 or 2/2 upgrades on drop, it wouldn't raise the max item level at all.

Upgrading your gear should be an entirely deterministic process.

Titanforging completely ruined item balance. I hate the fact that Withered J'im, a faceroll world boss from 2 raid tiers ago, can still potentially drop the best trinket in the game for many classes due to the chance that an item with such an extreme stat budget can titanforge up to current raid levels.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2017-12-14 at 03:35 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

That question has been answered at blizzcon. This thread is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    Titanforging completely ruined item balance. I hate the fact that Withered J'im, a faceroll world boss from 2 raid tiers ago, can still potentially drop the best trinket in the game for many classes due to the chance that an item with such an extreme stat budget can titanforge up to current raid levels.
    At the same time, look at it the other way, it gets people to still do that older content, while maintaining that the current raid tier is the most efficient way to get good gear, as that gear has an equal chance of titanforging.

Yes I was able to push my way slowly into raiding ilevels without raiding using luck, but it was very slow and took me months. It's not practical to count on luck to maybe possibly get a titanforge off a possible drop off a world boss that only shows up rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    That question has been answered at blizzcon. This thread is pointless.
    Was it? What did they say?
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-12-14 at 03:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removed from the game. Or at least make it so it's 5 to 10 ilvls higher.

It wouldn't be so bad if mythic gear WF/TF'd half as much as LFR/Norm/Heroic does. I don't think I have a single piece of mythic gear that forged.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I wouldn't entirely remove it, but I would do one of two things:

1) Pick an activity - PVP, raiding, dungeoning, or questing. That activity titanforges, the others do not.

or

2) Cap titanforging lower than it is.

For me it isn't about casuals/whoever getting awesome gear that they don't "deserve." i don't care about the gear other people have, only my own. What I do care about is having to do old content or activities I'm not interested in to get better gear for the activities I do want to do.

If they keep stuff like leech or speed I'd be fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

5+ Year Old Account
    That is exactly how it should be. Gear shouldn't have the ability to proc 70 ilvls higher than the content that it comes from. That's just stupid game design imo.
    They do that so new players don't have to die so much on ridiculously impossible stat boosted bosses in dungeons and raids and so do not feel like quiting the game any time soon... unless you want Blizzard to lose profits!? The mechanical and statistical challenges were so high if you're a tier 1 - yer dead and dead and dead... and have to run to mommy and daddy tier 10 in your guild. Most of whom don't give a darn unless you are related. In game nepotism and cronyism at it's finest. Gear levels should stay as they are, it's fair, fair is good.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I swear it's always the gear with the worst stats for me that titanforges.
    My own personal bad luck aside i don't have any problem with the system. Who cares if someone who only does casual content got lucky and is running around with a couple mythic quality pieces, it makes no difference to me.
    Ily mmoc

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the only thing that shits me off about titanforging is that it fucks up tier sets. i hate getting a 35 titanforge item but i cant equip it due to it being a tier slot. given that tier is being removed next expac though that should be fine

I would like it if valor/crafting allowed people to unlock the full RNG potential of any base item... but thats about it. I appreciate how titanforge keeps farm bosses relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    At the same time, look at it the other way, it gets people to still do that older content, while maintaining that the current raid tier is the most efficient way to get good gear, as that gear has an equal chance of titanforging.

Yes I was able to push my way slowly into raiding ilevels without raiding using luck, but it was very slow and took me months. It's not practical to count on luck to maybe possibly get a titanforge off a possible drop off a world boss that only shows up rarely.

Was it? What did they say?
    They said it was going to be "tweaked". But overall they're happy with the system.

Titantforged is awesome. why do you mind so much when someone else has it. You too have a chance for it and over time it evens out. Beside you should take a look at those fresh 110 with titanforged gear.. their stats are awful for them.
    Gear should have never been predetermined. It should be totally random. There is absolutely no excitement to kill the same bosses everyweek to have a chance to get something that you already expect to drop 1 day. And then once you get what you want from this boss you get no excitement when killing it again the following weeks...