Thread: Lucky stories!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran through Firelands on my own for the first time, since the latest patch before Warlords of Draenor allowed older raid content to be more accessible for higher level character. Got the achievement for defeating Rag and mind you this was my first full clear of the Firelands, ever, and both the mount and his hammer dropped. It was good day.

Short before WoD launch (it was still few weeks till it goes live) my RealID friend was farming Zandalari Scouts for reputation drops. He was on his Warlock (Timeless gear with 2 or 3 burdened + coin staff), me similar Beastmaster with Spirit Beast (Alliance side). Usually my friend was capable of soloing Scouts with ease (mostly). The only problem was when Scout had unlucky set of buffs.

So he stumbled upon such case and /w for help. It was in KunLai, near the lake. So I went there and we downed that Scout. As we killed it, Warbringer spawned. So I said - ok, let's kill it as well. Mind that we both aren't pros and attempted to down Warbringer several times. All failed :P Anyway, friend accepted (all he can do is kill us). So we engaged that. To our dismay some Yaungol with yaks aggroed during fight when Warbringer was at ~70-80%. Great, just great.

Me from range quite safe, kited unwanted ads with pet, friend got swarmed by bugs and died. While I was killing Yaungols, Warbringer charges towards me. Poped some CDs to get pet do more threat and damage, sent to Warbringer, disengage and feint and call it a wipe. And miracle happened. Out of the blue some Tauren Warrior drops and pulls Warbringer. A sec later another 3 Hordies land and nuke Yaungols then proceed to nuke Warbringer and kite it away from us.

Friend Soulstone Rez, I rezzed pet and both start to chase Horde and (still) our tag. Boi, those 4 Horde guys were good, the weakest clothie had 1/3 HP more than us. They literally obliterated that Warbringer, while kiting him up to Fish-people village (near to zone entrance). Finally we got to them, Warbringer was like 15% already so me and friend poped everything we got and bursted away. Warbringer falls dead.

Horde "helped" us to kill it as they probably aimed for tag-theft and failed. Loot was ours. And yes, Direhorn dropped. Me and friend 1st kill and mount dropped. We sat and stare with confusion. Greed-greed? I asked. Greed-greed it was, luck on my side. Friend complained a bit about me winning all mounts (happened few times already) but stopped regretting after seeing it in action.

So far I was able to get:
    - Raven Lord, Sethekk Halls, waaaaaay back when Druid was required to summon (as Druid)
    - White Hawkstrider, Magister Terrace, Alliance Paladin
    - Headless Horseman, event, Alliance Hunter and Horde Warlock during one year. After 3 years of attempts before account wide mounts (none of them were main)
    - BREWfast Kodo, event, Alliance winning roll under Masterlooter PUG
    - Blue Proto Drake after years of farming
    - Blue Drake, Oculus at times during WotLK when people automatically quit after realising it's Oculus
    - Ashes of A'lar, post-squish, 3rd week (been farming on 8 characters per week) on 3rd try, so 19th kill total
    - Rivendare's Deathcharger, looong time ago, after ~80 kills.

To get:
    - Fiery Warhorse, Karazhan
    - Onyxia
    - both Firelands mounts
    - Stonecore drake. Especially that refuses to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    To get:
    - Fiery Warhorse, Karazhan
    oh man did something crazy happen to me in kara recently! luckily i was recording it!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    On our first Garry kill... I was the only one left... as a MW Monk (FWing). I got us the kill. Granted it was only like 1 or 2% left to kill. Popped Life Cocoon and went ham on Garry

Got the Time-Lost Proto-Drake and Phosphorescent Stone Drake within about half an hour of each other a few months ago. Then I opened my Oracles egg and it had the Green Proto-Drake in it too.

In general I am pretty lucky with mounts, but that really took the cake.

Deleted
    This is always a classic. Took two of my guildies through SoO on their shaman alts to try and get the dark shaman gear. This happens for both of them.

Decided to go solo Malygos 25, first week one of the mounts dropped.
    The next week I went back for the second mount and needless to say I never have to kill Malygos ever again.

Was waiting for people to get to Naxx 25 and decided to fish while waiting, about 20 casts in i got a Sea Turtle.

I think it was THE last chance of obtaining Swift Zulian Tiger from old school Zul'Gurub, went there and I had a friend over at my house.
    Bugged the boss on the tree thingy, but I died.
    Went in again, and popped ALL my cooldowns just nuking the boss.
    It dies.
    I loot it, and there it was.
    I was honestly scared of pressing greed instead of need (even though I was alone in the raid), but I pressed Need and rolled 14.
    You receive loot: Swift Zulian Tiger
    Or as I read it: You finally receive the most beautiful mount ingame.

I learned the mount and the achievement pops, guildchat went berserk, with lots of FU, but also lots of Gz!

I've had a long break from the game, didn't play WoD at all so I have lots of old raid mounts to collect.

Firelands, killed Alysrazor 3 times and the mount drops, then again after my 6th kill.

Didn't spend much time in new Zul'Gurub before I got the new raptor, perhaps 10ish kills, still no panther though.

Got Ashes of Al'ar in less than 20 kills.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z5

10+ Year Old Account
    Some luck over the years:
    - Got Invincible on my 4th solokill just when he became soloable.
    - Got Zul Gurub Tiger on my 1:st solo kill.
    - Got Zul Gurub Raptor on my 20:th kill or so. (Nice since unobtainable now!)
    - Won the Ironhoof Destroyer 3 times in WoD in Pugs, group loot. Used one, sold 2!
    - Son of Galleon obtained after about 50 kills!

Some bad luck...
    - Over 450 kills of Madness of Deathwing before it dropped...
    - 200+ kills of both Horridon and Jikun, nothing yet...
    - 10+ days gametime, countless dungeons and caches, no legendary yet.

I have 2 lucky stories about legendaries but I am too lazy to write a wall of text about how it exactly happened so the short version has to do. Basically 3 of my chars got their 2nd missing binding in MC and were able finish their Thunderfury on the same day which happened to be christmas day.

The 2nd story is pretty similar but about Warglaives of Azzinoth. Again 3 of my chars had 1 warglaive and I just wanted to finally finish at least one set to get the achievement but instead all 3 got their set in the same id after 30-40 Illidan kills on each of them. Doesn´t sound that exciting but these moments were pretty insane to experience.

Buying the Sha mount for 380k in the bmah can probably also be called lucky

I got the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent.

Sure, I killed Sha A LOT in MoP, but the effort where I parked ALL level 100 characters (33) @ Sha each week (dual accounts) and went ham only lasted a few weeks before it dropped. Worth it!

This year I also got the Big Love Rocket on the first day of the event.

Deleted
    I was on a break during end of cataclysm all the way to MoP and had put my WoW carrier on the shelf when a few friends asked me to come back and play in when Siege of orgrimmar had openend. I asked which class they needed for the raid team and the answer was a Warlock.

So i boosted up a warlock, and started to raid with them. Everyone was on a mount collection farm and a few in the guild where i played had the Onyxia mount, so i thought why not give it a try. I had been in that raid on my other characters but no luck, so when I tried my first run in there guess what, the mount dropped. If i remember right half the guild hated me for a little while since they were farming it without luck tho.

The other time was in the end of WoD when everyone tried to pug to get the Ironhoof Destroyer from Blackhand. So I went in on my hunter that I mained by the time, and luckily managed to find a group that had group loot on for the mount. Then i rolled a 100 on need and got the mount in the last week of the expansion. Now the mount has 1% drop chance and I never have to go back to that raid.