Nordrassil vs Teldrassil

Why is it that the world tree in Hyjal seens so much smaller than Teldrassil? is this simply because Nordrassil is still young and considered a "sappling" since the wisps blew it up? I mean the girth of Teldrassil is remarkably larger than Nordrassil and it has me curious. What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm not sure this has anything to do with Teldrassil's overall height but it does suffer from corruption from within.

Right I am aware of that or hell the corruption might have been removed since Malfurian is back and I am assuming the present game takes place post book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nordrassil isn't important because of its size, it's important because of what lies under it, the Well of Eternity.

Teldrassil is a fake World Tree.
    Its abnormal size probably has something to do with it's druidically enhanced-engineered growth (lol does that make sense? >_>).
    It lacks the blessing of all the dragons and the powers of the Well of Eternity.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Focke View Post
    Why is it that the world tree in Hyjal seens so much smaller than Teldrassil? is this simply because Nordrassil is still young and considered a "sappling" since the wisps blew it up? I mean the girth of Teldrassil is remarkably larger than Nordrassil and it has me curious. What do you guys think?
    Nordrassil is much older then Teldrassil. The former being thousands of years old, with the later being just a few years (six or seven I believe). Teldrassil was grown with druidic magic but was flawed without the help of the Aspects. The reason they are different sizes is I believe Teldrassil was made as a home for the Night Elves, with it being in the ocean they would have to live on it. Nordrassil on the other hand is on land, they didn't need to live on it, just around it. It granted them eternal life and stuff like that, while Teldrassil didn't.

I do believe if I read correctly the new quests in Teldrassil, that Malfurion has returned and stands alongside Tyrande in Darnassus now, and Nordrassil at the wedding of Tyrande and Malfurion recieved the blessings from Ysera and Alexzestra. I believe only Norzdormu hasn't given his blessing, and the blue/black dragonflights are in a sort of state of limbo.

All the quests point to the tree recieving those blessings however and finally beginning to grow properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Nordrassil is much older then Teldrassil. The former being thousands of years old, with the later being just a few years (six or seven I believe).
    He called Nordrassil young because it was destroyed in Warcraft III and has been regrowing since.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that in-game scale and real-world scale don't really match. If Nordrassil was as massive as it was in lore, you wouldn't even be able to see all of it in-game. It would probably go beyond the limits of the engine to render fully, even if you could set your view distance high enough to see it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lemaurey View Post
    I do believe if I read correctly the new quests in Teldrassil, that Malfurion has returned and stands alongside Tyrande in Darnassus now, and Nordrassil at the wedding of Tyrande and Malfurion recieved the blessings from Ysera and Alexzestra. I believe only Norzdormu hasn't given his blessing, and the blue/black dragonflights are in a sort of state of limbo.

All the quests point to the tree recieving those blessings however and finally beginning to grow properly.
    I don't believe the tree has fully lost it's taint, that might take years of work.

nordrassil is the true world tree it was blessed by all dragon aspects during warcraft 3 it was "destroyed" thus the night elves lost their immortality. wanting to reclaim their immortality arch druid Fandral staghelm, who was the interim leader of the druids while malfurion was missing, planted teldrassil. he also had the help artificially grow teldrassil. but he also tainted it as well as he grafted a portion of xervius' tree form into teldrassil of course xervius was playing fandral like a fiddle. when malfurion returned he removed the tainted portion of the tree and teldrassil was ultimately blessed by alextrasa and ysera. unfortunately without all 5 aspects blessing teldrassil can not give the nightelves their immortality back. as far as the well of eternity it was destroyed in the war of the acients illidan attempted to recreate the well but was ultimately stopped. but the lake under nordrassil is a well of eternity tainted lake but it is not the well of eternity

I would always pick teldrassil... have been my alltime favourite.

- - - Updated - - -

I would always pick teldrassil... have been my alltime favourite.