Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviled View Post
    You have 17k crit / 6k mastery, at that point I would say reforge some of that crit to mastery. How much is hard to say without logs, maybe 2k or so.
    How much crit you want is entirely personal prefferece.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    How much crit you want is entirely personal prefferece.
    Of course. But there is a crit/mastery balance that will be best for any given player, it is not personal preference what is best, but what is best will vary depending on how you play your character.
    Without logs I´m just guessing that he would benefit from reforging a bit to mastery

Deleted
    Thanks you two for your input. I considered your opinions regarding crit/mastery balance, gonna try see if it will be noticeable next reset.

Hey all , just recently i boosted a Druid and im running Balance .

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/medivh/Oshift/advanced

My question is about the moonfire and sunfire dots. I have the addon Aff. Dots Balance . where it shows the numbers on your dots . I was wondering once you apply your dots , should you refresh them like midway you eclipse state if you dots gets buffed by procs and such or just worry about spamming to get to the other eclipse state to follow . ? i know my natures grace is not being up as much as it should be . Thats something im working on atm . I see some Druids in LFR with slighly lower gear than i am and do more dps than i do . So i know there something i need to improve on .

I dont have a WLogs atm but il try to get one in the upcoming LFR's . Im not pulling over 150K DPS on most fight . At the begining when i pop all my cd's i go over 200k but once those are gone my dps drops . Any help and advice will be very helpfull . Thanks

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys and gals, so i'm trying really hard to min max my boomkin play and i'm not sure what else I can do single target to increase my dmg. If you guys don't mind glancing over this log I would appreciate whatever feedback you have!

Log : /reports/JfWzBHcw9yZMNDkF#fight=10 (its a warcraftlogs so just type that before it)
    Armory : Drpaws - <Conviction> - Korgath

Hi there, I'm a very unlucky moonkin when talking about the Immersus trinket. I spent more than 30 warforged seals on that boss and only got that useless cloak.
    I have the LFR version of that trinket, heroic Toxc Totem and the warforged version of the malkorok trinket.

Askmrrobot states that the LFR trinket from immersus is better than the warforged trinket from malkorok. Is that right?

My armory: Apkun@Azralon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andreoav View Post
    Hi there, I'm a very unlucky moonkin when talking about the Immersus trinket. I spent more than 30 warforged seals on that boss and only got that useless cloak.
    I have the LFR version of that trinket, heroic Toxc Totem and the warforged version of the malkorok trinket.

Askmrrobot states that the LFR trinket from immersus is better than the warforged trinket from malkorok. Is that right?

My armory: Apkun@Azralon
    Pretty sure that is completely correct. Unless you're cheesing on Naz'grim trash I believe.

Hey, all.

Horrible Druid here seeking some help.

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Emmert/simple

I posted in the official WoW Druid forums the other day. I got a great reply that gave me advice to try to use more shooting star procs. Since then, I've believe I've gotten better, but my number still aren't where I want them to be. I just think my DoT management is horrible. I've been trying only apply dots when there are multiple targets if it's the eclipsed DoT and NG is up. I've heard conflicting reports on what I should be doing though. Unfortunately, I just think my instincts are horrible when it comes to multidotting. Anyway, here are some logs from LFR that may give more information:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/323392/

Thanks.

Saw in an earlier post that Glurp mentioned that during the opner you should re-dot as the meta gem and the shamans proc wear off in single target. Does this also apply for multi target?

Furthermore, should we be redotting again just before Incarnation (as well as any leftover procs) wear off, even if it means over writing the couple of seconds left of the Meta + all Procs CA Dots?

Quote Originally Posted by Min View Post
    Saw in an earlier post that Glurp mentioned that during the opner you should re-dot as the meta gem and the shamans proc wear off in single target. Does this also apply for multi target?
    Still applies for 3 target multi-dotting because you want to start reapply DoTs at that stage anyway since you still want to fire off SS procs between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Min View Post
    Furthermore, should we be redotting again just before Incarnation (as well as any leftover procs) wear off, even if it means over writing the couple of seconds left of the Meta + all Procs CA Dots?
    It's hard to say for sure but I believe it depends if you have trinket/meta procs active and whether or not you are using NV. Generally you'll just want to follow normal rules of reapplying DoTs so if you have more than ~7 seconds left you'll leave it and if you have less then you'll refresh it. If you have meta or trinket procs active it may change your decision.

Hey guys, I can't for the life of me figure out how to do decent damage on protectors 25 hc( and some others but let's start with this ) .

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=607&e=962 <- Logs from our kill . I did 510k, which is pretty bad considering ranked limit is somewhere around 650k for the top 150, and my gear is decent (I THINK ) . http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nalorn/simple

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    Hey guys, I can't for the life of me figure out how to do decent damage on protectors 25 hc( and some others but let's start with this ) .

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=607&e=962 <- Logs from our kill . I did 510k, which is pretty bad considering ranked limit is somewhere around 650k for the top 150, and my gear is decent (I THINK ) . http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nalorn/simple
    Too much haste. You can optimize more. The prismatic socket in the belt should have a straight crit gem, and the offhand should have a straight crit gem. Legs are bad, helm from Shamans is best in slot. 180 int on the cloak, not crit.

Other than that... it's all about dot uptime. Save your second set of cooldowns, since you'll only get two, for either trinket procs, or during dark meditation or rooks split for max multidotting.

Deleted
    I apologise for posting it again, apparently it was in the wrong thread:

I've some questions about Moonkin-DPS:

- Refreshing dots. I've read a lot about it, but I'm still not sure when to receive the best results, esp as there are so many opinions. I switched from TMW to AffDots for the tracking and began to refresh them when it's >150 (blue), however the result seems to be better if you just go with "refresh right before the last tick" or slightly delay if an eclipse is coming. My uptime of the dots is pretty high (usually 97-98%), but my question is: do you clip early at all or not. And if you clip, only with all trinkets and shit up or also if it's a minor improvement (lets say, using AffDots?). I'm not talking about encounter-specific buffs like the puddle@Jin'rokh

- AoE-situations, lets say Galakras or globes@Shamans. Whats the best viable way here? I'm currently spamming eclipsed dot + using SS procs, on Shaman i try to pre-cast my mushroom when i'm moving and don't need to refresh my dots, other than that I use hurricane here. My dps on adds is very low tho. I just feel sucky here?

- Stuff like HCc scenarios, lets say the one where you are a goblin. The adds are dying quickly, and every hunter/mage can pop insane amounts in a short time. Same here: spamming eclipsed dot + ss-procs?

I'm using Frenzied+Kardris atm with 4set cse I still miss Immerseus trinket. I switched to that offspec ~3 weeks ago, I've never seriously tried Moonkin, however I'm playing Feral, Guardian and Resto (main) since early TBC and currently sitting @14/14 HC (clear in February on 10- and 25-man). I got the 10k haste BP and roughly ~12.5k crit, but way too much mastery due to the wrong gear-pieces atm. I expect the theory is not the issue, my openers and single-target damage is pretty much 'fine'. I love the burst and it's the first time I'm enjoying that spec at all.

I just feel *very* uncomfortable when adds spawn and how to get good DPS on several targets. Esp. fights like Protectors, Nazgrim or Spoils are my worst nightmare, while Juggernaut, Malkorok and Klaxxi are cool. Is it all about the question "how long will that add live"? Like, dot everything (eclipsed first, then non-eclipsed) that will live >15s and make use of SS and THEN cast wrath/starfire? I've read EJ and everything I could find, but still looking for some hints. Since I couldn't play my Offspec in our Mainraid, I can't provide any serious logs at the moment.

Hey guys. I just came back to wow after a 4 month break from it and I want to get better dps on my balance druid. Currently, my ilvl is only 510 (I know it's really low) and I am only doing around 75k but 120k in my opening burst on a target dummy. I think my rotation is correct, it's the one from Icy-veins. The worst part is that currently I'm only in LFR and I'm afrad I'll get kicked just because my dps is so crappy for the most part.

I am still using a blue staff with an ilvl of 463 -_- since getting a dagger/mace/staff/whatever with an ilvl of 528 is impossible.

My hit is capped, I am reforging to crit - mastery (since my haste is 5.3k) and lastly haste.

One quick question - Should I never use starsurge unless it's an instant cast? And also: After I'm done with the rotation and used my incarnation and celestial alignment, should I just go back to the same rotation but without the cooldowns?

I appreciate all the help!

So sorry for reposting this, kinda posted it in the wrong thread last night..

So I just came back to WoW after a 2.5 year break and basically got offered a Raiding spot with a guild as moonkin (ive only ever played resto) and they would gear me up over a few weeks time.. so im sitting at 567ilvl
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Lunarien/
    Now im still getting used to not clipping dots and the optimal point of refreshing them. But im running my current setup through SimCraft and its saying on a training dummy I should be doing about 232k Unbuffed,I'm only doing about 215k over 6 minutes with flask/MoTw/300 Food.

I havent had a chance to parse a raid yet.. And Dont have much to compare it to as Ive only been raiding for 2 weeks and I started at 496 iLvl and im now at 567... Are my numbers adequate just on the training dummy?
    I feel like im lower than I should be...
    I am working on the cloak/meta and the trinket off Immerseus as well. Any and all help is appreciated.

Think i post this in the wrong place the first time.
    Hey guys had a few quick questions about Moonkin after coming back to the game 2 weeks ago.
    I know refreshing dots is very complicated and there is no simple answer but assuming that nature's grace is the only buff that is active, is it worth overriding an uneclipsed dot when hitting an eclipse or letting both dots run their course before refreshing?
    Also back in 5.1 it was only worth using starsurge once during solar eclipse because it would allow you to then cast another wrath before exiting said eclipse but now it seems that our class has almost become "Hit this shinny button when it lights up" so I was wondering if someone could give me an advanced response that adequately describes when starsurge would NOT be worth using. (The trinkets to account for are KTT and Bindings).
    Lastly, I've heard that we received a shooting stars proc nerf when multidotting. Now I know multidotting is not a single target dps gain but in terms of "meterpadding" does dotting work as followed?
    1 target: both dots
    2 targets: both dots on each or both dots on main target and eclipsed dot on the 2nd target?
    3 targets: both dots on main target, eclipsed dot on the other targets.
    so on so forth until it becomes worth using hurricane which is roughly around 5-6 adds?

Thank you very much for reading this and I await your responses. Please try not to give a generalized answer but rather a more complete/advanced response.

Hey Everyone,

on most bosses my dps is quite ok, but on garrosh (10 heroic) I have problems keeping it up (I'll have to admit, that I'm resto mainspec).

I save inc+ca for intermission, and DPS there is quite good there, around 10m on adds. I usually use hotw or tranq on the aoe there. So I know dps is low on P1 and on boss in intermission.

But on P2/P3 I should do good dps, but instead it's very low, somebody has some tips for me? Something I can improve?
    This is a link on a garrosh try, just P2: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ase=3&fight=21

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arios/advanced
    Last edited by losmarios; 2014-10-11 at 05:20 PM.