Ok, first time reaserching a build as currently using a 3 year old laptop. After lagging my friends (and myself) into frustration playing starcraft it's time I finally got something to really play with.
- Budget: I'm fine with spending up to $2000 (AUD), but I'd like to probably start off with something more $1500ish with upgradeability.
- Resolution: I'm going to be buying a monitor with this as well, Res at 1920x1080. Leaning towards a Benq G2420HD HDMI 24" LCD, but open to suggestion.
- Games / Settings Desired: I'd like to be able to play SC2 at complete max, GW2 will be played in future but specs arn't in for the game yet so estimating etc. Skyrim will also be part of the waiting period
- Any other intensive software or special things you do : I know my friend would be interested in getting my build to do some video editing/recording. He does some wow videos and with GW2 we might try and do some videos with two different perspectives at once. Also intrested in doing some folding at home, always wanted to get into that.
- Country: From Australia, so there's beach tax on all this kit
- Parts that can be reused: Build is completely from scratch, All I have is my mouse and mouse pad.
What I've come up with so far, mainly thanks to Marest's Sample Builds page.
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P http://www.austin.net.au/ProductList...3/Default.aspx
CPU: Intel i5 2500k http://www.austin.net.au/ProductList...K/Default.aspx
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1866 Mhz 2x4Gb http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=8095
GPU: This i'm not sure on, Should I get a 580 where I could upgrade it via sli, or just go straight for maybe 2 560Tris for $200 less? should I do 2 580s straight up?
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 1TB – $59.99 http://www.austin.net.au/ProductList...J/Default.aspx
SSD: Crucial M4 120Gb – or another ssd I can aquire localy.
PSU: Depends on GPU/s, If It was one 580, Id probably still want to get a 850W for future proofing sli.
Heatsink: Noctua was in recomended, but im not familiar with heatsinks, if i'm not overclocking would I still need this, or could I get a cheaper one?
Case: I like the look of the fractal R3 case, But I know there are probably better cases. Corsair 500R Black was nice as well from the recomended stuff.
Hope I've given enough info here, I'd apreciate any advice given, points in the right direction. I should also say I'm in WA, so while (for example sydney) and perth are technicaly in australia, shipping is still painful to get here. Thanks in advance!