Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How to you get rid of disturbing stuff?

Let´s say you just exoerienced / saw / heard something really disturbing. It´s stuck in your head, and it´s totally ruined your appetite for the day and probably for the week. How do you go about getting this image or whatever it is, out of your head? ("Play WoW" is not an option.)

I usually start by putting my threads in the right forum.

I usually just browse 4chan until it's replaced with something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Listen to some of your favourite music on 11, it should clear your mind.

If you don't mind me asking, what could be so disturbing it would make you starve yourself?

The need for food in animals is a very strong urge, not much can eliminate it.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenasan View Post
    I usually start by laughing at people like you.

OP ~ Ferocious bouts of angry masturbation seems to work for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just read Cupcakes, didn't you?

Anyway what I would do is try not to think about it, or get something even worse stuck in your head, like the Inspector Gadget theme song. That always works.

And that would be which one? Honestly there´s so much stress around what goes where these days, it´s just a damn question in a "General Discussion" forum, how terribly wrong can that be? I´m not trying to be rude here, I just fail to see how this post in this forum is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grevlinghore View Post
    And that would be which one? Honestly there´s so much stress around what goes where these days, it´s just a damn question in a "General Discussion" forum, how terribly wrong can that be? I´m not trying to be rude here, I just fail to see how this post in this forum is wrong.
    This would be "General Off-Topic".

General Discussion is meant for general WoW-related topics.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/3...eral-Off-Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    You just read Cupcakes, didn't you?

Anyway what I would do is try not to think about it, or get something even worse stuck in your head, like the Inspector Gadget theme song. That always works.
    lol should have linked it too ><

to the OP, I know what ya mean, and everyone else is right just to think of something else, 4chan or your music. sorry.. Good luck getting rid of it.

If it's something I've seen that was disturbing I go to eyebleach.com. If it's something I've heard I listen to some music. If it's something I've experienced I don't really know how to get rid of it.

I use sitcoms or bad comedy movies, usually watching them helps me.

Also the OT part, this is at the moment in World of Warcraft >> General Discussion when it should be in Off-topic >> General Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    This would be "General Off-Topic".

General Discussion is meant for general WoW-related topics.
    Allright, I´ll remember that for the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a joke to turn it into something funny (even a bad taste one).

lol, browsing 4chan, theync, etc since i was in 8th grade I am now currently desensitized to most stuff.

i read a very disturbing story once....it went away with time. in the words of a wiseman, " Time heals all wounds"

EDIT: Scrabblet beat me to it :3

I demand to see the disturbing media

"Anyway what I would do is try not to think about it, or get something even worse stuck in your head, like the Inspector Gadget theme song. That always works." damnit i hate you.
    Last edited by kcolraWertex; 2011-10-17 at 07:56 PM.

Deleted
    Wow your so cool, I wish I was like you...

OT: I usually listen to some music or watch a movie it usually clears my mind.

Let´s say you just exoerienced / saw / heard something really disturbing. It´s stuck in your head, and it´s totally ruined your appetite for the day and probably for the week. How do you go about getting this image or whatever it is, out of your head? ("Play WoW" is not an option.)
    Never lost my appetite as a result of seeing something. I just don't understand the concept that you could be so grossed out that something completely unrelated is affected by it.

It's usually the person overreacting more than it has any basis in truth. Sure you puke and feel sick to your stomach afterwards because you puked, but you're not sick. Walk away, drink a glass of water to get the vomit taste out of your mouth, and go get a bite to eat.

It's all in your head. Quit psyching yourself out and it will be no big deal. If you don't freak out the second you see something regardless of how you feel and you won't be overreacting.
    Last edited by Jaerin; 2011-10-17 at 07:58 PM.