Poll: How will you buy Guild Wars 2?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How will you get Guild Wars 2?

I'm just curious. I definitely plan to do a midnight release.

I'll pick a copy up on the nearest Wednesday after release (I have the afternoons off college on Wednesdays, so the shops will be open).

10+ Year Old Account
    Will most likely pre-order it from some site and hope that it gets home on the release day, or might buy it of Steam if they will sell it there. :3

Probably buy the box a few days later. If I manage to find one earlier that would be great.

Depends on if/how they sell a CE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    I hope it'll be available on Steam.

Deleted
    For me it will be a first day buy but atm it's too early to for a Midnight release schedule so I have no idea if or where any stores near me will be doing this, but it will be a store purchase (either online or highstreet) as I want to get the CE and prefer those as hardcopys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Direct Download from ANet or Steam. Preferably Steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends... I'll most likely pre-order it on amazon.com. They provide same day release on pre-ordered games, so I should be getting the game the day of release.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

steam if available, or buy the box some days after if not.

Deleted
    Excuse me for sounding like a noob, but what is the advantage of downloading over having an actual disc? Then you have a disc, instant install, no download ? I know a lot of people do it, so it made me curious..

I really hope they have it available via steam, god I love steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Excuse me for sounding like a noob, but what is the advantage of downloading over having an actual disc? Then you have a disc, instant install, no download ? I know a lot of people do it, so it made me curious..
    Easier and more convenient, and you can always lose a disc. Also a disc is not instant, it make install it quicker but its not "instant".

Plus, Steam seems to be a widely used method of releasing games, and steam is awesome. It's just a very good program to conveniently store all your games for you, I play every game I own via steam.
    Last edited by Menkey; 2011-10-17 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preordering in Blockbuster, picking it up on day one.

Day One collector's edition. I don't like staying up all night gaming, even for my most anticipated games like GW2.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

More than likely off steam, steam has GW1 and a bunch of a-net/ncsoft (maybe all) games.
    also more than likely have a cool steam preorder bonus like a hat in TF2 or some random crap.lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Midnight release collector's edition.

Depends what the difference between physical and digital collectors editions are really.

i will jump the first guy i see with a copy of the game on release day :P

Lots of steam support, which is cool, but I find it highly unlikely it'll be on there for launch...

I would personally like to see it there, with a 4 pack option : )

-Alamar

Deleted
    depends on the release date.
    Usually I go for day one buy.