Blizzard and CGI

I mean...look at this.

What of it? Everyone knows Blizzard has one of the best (if not the top) CGI cinematic's team in the business.

Deleted
    Is the bottom one seriously CGI? I mean really? I'm sorry but that's unbelievable. Just look at the detail on the face, the lips, the eyes.

Can we get confirmation that that actually isn't a real person?

Deleted
    If we could get a game with those graphics...

The bottom one sure looks real

It sure looks real, but I can tell it is CGI (already knowing that though, if I didn't it could probably fool me), the technology is getting to the point it can look that real.

Damn blizzard. Nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    It sure looks real, but I can tell it is CGI (already knowing that though, if I didn't it could probably fool me), the technology is getting to the point it can look that real.

Damn blizzard. Nice work.
    Uncanny valley my friend. The future is here, and it looks real and sexy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top one I can tell it's CGI nvm the creature in the back the human looks CGI....The 2nd....err no.

That is impressive... I was JUST talking to the wife about liking the SWTOR cinematics, and how Blizzard hasn't come up with anything good in a while... So much for that : )

-Alamar

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Uncanny valley my friend. The future is here, and it looks real and sexy.
    Yeah, I think it was the eyes that gave it away for me.
    Also got some nice depth of field going there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    you should all know by now that this is the blizzard way, no matter the graphics of the game, its gonna have quality cinematics, i mean look at the vanilla wow opener, it looks only slightly worse if not just as good

Quote Originally Posted by Earenbane View Post
    you should all know by now that this is the blizzard way, no matter the graphics of the game, its gonna have quality cinematics, i mean look at the vanilla wow opener, it looks only slightly worse if not just as good
    The vanilla cinematics are good, I'll agree. But not THAT good.. that just looks insane.

Deleted
    Blizzard has always been and the cutting edge when it comes to cinematic. That said somehow they keep surprising me every time. It looks awesome!

Brilliant work by Blizzard. So much dedication and work to bring all of their products close to perfection, and take the world of gaming to a whole new level... amazing.

Still waters run deep.

Damn. What is this from? This is beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there a video of this, or is this just leaked footage from the offical trailer? Because this isnt on the teaser trailer blizz gave us two years ago?

For those if you who don't follow the official website, it is a preview of the cinematic they will show off at Blizzcon for Diablo 3. It is not leaked, Blizzard released 2 pictures of the cinematic on their website's blog, a day and 3 hours ago. Here is the link:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3706...0_17_2011#blog

Blizzard's dedication is unrival.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow! Now I really want Blizzcon to start. I want to see what goodies they will show on D3 and Heart of the Swarm.