Aff stat question:

Hey folks, just a quick question about aff stats. During some mythic progression I was recently told I should really look to expand my knowledge and run aff on a few fights instead of destro. I've been looking at the gear in my bags to see what I can work with. I'm trying to figure out if I have enough, not enough, or too much haste/mastery ratio. As a 730 destro, I run with 3100 mastery and 1600 crit unbuffed with all mastery enchants. When I switch to Aff, the 730 gear I put on gives me 2300 haste and 2400 mastery unbuffed with all haste enchants. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Sgtbaker; 2016-02-11 at 07:01 PM.

Mastery and Versatility are the only stats you need to worry about; the more Mastery, the merrier, the less Versatility, the merrier. If you follow these simple rules you'll never have to worry about gear unless you are a hardcore raider or pushing top world speed kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Mastery and Versatility are the only stats you need to worry about; the more Mastery, the merrier, the less Versatility, the merrier. If you follow these simple rules you'll never have to worry about gear unless you are a hardcore raider or pushing top world speed kills.
    Haste is actually better then mastery for Aff

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Haste is actually better then mastery for Aff
    Indeed IF you're Affliction ONLY.

However progression through HFC need some Destro love, so going mastery > all it's a safer option.
    Chequer@Azralon
    T17: 17/17M @ Blood Fury - Azralon // BR #1 US#39 W#179
    T18: 13/13M @ Rise Above - Azralon // BR #1 US#23 W#120

If he's using pieces in Affliction only, which sounds like is the case then no issues enchanting haste. But yeah...any pieces he shares between specs that need enchanting go Mastery.

It is weird how Haste is the worst state for Destro. That can screw you up when gearing. My pvp staf is worthless!