Poll: Which healer do you trust most for your 5 mans?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    All are fine, I never really check tbh. I do enjoy a disc priest on easy bosses, just for having an overall damage taken of like 5k on something like Corla, but that's just a fun little side game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    I guess you haven't healed on a Paladin... Paladins don't even need to AoE heal in 5mans, because Beacon covers the tank and Protector of the Innocent covers yourself, leaving just 3 DPS to heal with HS/HL/DL/WoG. Personally I never use HR or LoD in 5mans, ever, even if everyone is stacked. The most AoE dmg heavy fight I can think of is the Panther boss in ZG, and I can finish the fight with almost full mana on my Paladin. Healing Panther boss as Disc Priest is a nightmare...
    I actually think they are rather similar in panther boss healing. My main is a Disc healer, my alt a Paladin. Either works fine and won't oom unless the group are complete idiots. I guess if reflective shield spamming is the problem you mgiht oom as a Disc priest, but glyphed PoH + a guaranteed Divine Aegis on PoH really helps here, and if people stand in bad, a shield + penance will normally put them fast in the safe zone. And also still give you Borrowed Time for the next PoH or Gheal. Atonement spec is also really nice on this fight: you can smite the cats which means they die faster, you heal automatically and you also build up stacks for Archangel and bigger PoHs.

I think all healers have their pros and cons. It can feel safer to be healed by a class you are playing yourself, but on the other hand it can also be really frustrating being healed by someone playing your main's class and they have no idea how to do it, their spec is wrong and you feel like head desking constantly in despair.