Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Theres an authenticator included with the CE and I assume it will be made available for the rest of us ASAP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinjinn View Post
    Any what this can be confirmed? I have not read this was provided any where in the the collectors edition, unless its called something else.
    Yep you can one with the CE, and later you can buy one when its out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Did you consider perhaps that he took off his authenticator when he stopped playing, or lied about having one? And why was he still officer rank when he'd been offline for months? Maybe it wasn't a "hacker", perhaps it was the officer himself who logged on, then said later that he was hacked.

Not trying to being rude, and sorry if I came across as such. I just find it hard to believe someone was "hacked" with an authenticator. It's always "my friend" or "my guildie's friend knew this guy that", it's never "I got hacked even with an authenticator on my account".
    My HUSBAND got hacked, and he had an authenticator. We play together (well, when we played), he sits directly in front of me (our computer desks are back to back). We were both logging in, and I was waiting for him and asked him why he kept jumping on different characters - he then said "What are you talking about? I can't even log in, it keeps booting me" I told the guild to kick him and all his alts right then and there. Apparently it can happen - Bioware CS said they had been seeing more frequent happenings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollis View Post
    My HUSBAND got hacked, and he had an authenticator. We play together (well, when we played), he sits directly in front of me (our computer desks are back to back). We were both logging in, and I was waiting for him and asked him why he kept jumping on different characters - he then said "What are you talking about? I can't even log in, it keeps booting me" I told the guild to kick him and all his alts right then and there. Apparently it can happen - Bioware CS said they had been seeing more frequent happenings.
    It's unlikely the account thief guessed your authenticator code. More likely you had a Man-in-the-Middle attack, where your info is first redirected to another PC before reaching it's destination. The thief got the code, didn't forward it, and used it themselves instead.

Since it happened while you were logging in for the day, I would check your computer. It's a more sophisticated attack, requiring a timely response by the thief (before the code expires), and doesn't seem to be as common though. Unless it was a bot logging through your husbands characters, scanning his account to estimate its worth.

Getting attacked with an authenticator is possible, but all the same, the other easier routes to steal an account are for the most part, closed at least (mainly key loggers).

I used to occasionally get virus's from WoW fan-sites and picture links posted and such. FireFox with all the options to block scripts & ads did wonders though. I trust some sites I deal with regularly, but when blindly going to someones link, or even a Google link, all those features are a blessing.

Most nefarious attack? Going to an educational site on Java classes recommended by Google, only to have a Trojan try to install itself .. /sigh .. even educational sites can have virus's.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-20 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.. Authenticator is 100% confirmed, for CE anyways. I assume they will be made widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Last item listed on the list of what is included with the CE.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/sta...-edition/92635

What do you see just below the Malgus statue?

Great link!

It seems there will be an info page about the authenticators coming soon. It's not up yet but when it's ready it'll be at:

http://www.swtor.com/info/security-key