Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeerid View Post
    Cause it's true. What Karteli said is correct. If Blizzard didn't give their community the opportunity to be giant bags of douche (name/faction changes, server transfers, cross server bg/lfd) then they would either behave or be blacklisted on their server.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Cause it's true. What Karteli said is correct. If Blizzard didn't give their community the opportunity to be giant bags of douche (name/faction changes, server transfers, cross server bg/lfd) then they would either behave or be blacklisted on their server.
    Everyone says this until you are sitting in a queue for a hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Honestly, I never had a problem with hour queues. They were better than being forced into cities to sit in chat. There was plenty to do while waiting for the queue.

With the accessibility to play either side (republic, empire), switching to the side with the fastest queue would work well. I did that before by rerolling Horde on a PVP server (before cross-realm crap) and it was a blast.

BioWare did leave the door open for more same-faction games like HuttBall.

The reason why cross-realm stuff makes the community worse is because you are no longer accountable for your actions. In a small community reputation means something and those coming out of WoW and into SWTOR, which will have small communities, will learn quickly how fast the the server will alienate you.

It is not hard to blacklist someone on the realm forums or in chat calling them out as a Ninja or being AFK in instances. I'm sure everyone has seen this type of thing before when they played Vanilla. In fact on our server we had one guild that was compromised of all the blacklisted people because they couldn't find any place to go, that guild got extra sauce from the opposing faction and no one in the know would ever group with them.

Cross-realm stuff doesn't allow for the community to respond in a way that has repercussion for the offender so it IS the reason WoW communities went down the toilet.

I can say I don't care about queues. I don't mind waiting for things to happen. I just go do other things while I wait for the queue to pop.

And honestly, it wont matter in TOR. They don't have level brackets in pvp. everyone between 10-50 fights together (lower levels get bolstered up to level 50 stats).

I can say I don't care about queues. I don't mind waiting for things to happen. I just go do other things while I wait for the queue to pop.

And honestly, it wont matter in TOR. They don't have level brackets in pvp. everyone between 10-50 fights together (lower levels get bolstered up to level 50 stats).
    there are brackets in a way not eveyone will be queued up together, if a certain number of level x players arnt queueed up for the WZ the next available level will join and everyone else will have their stats bolstered