Affli or demo for ragnaros

I do not play a warlock but currently our guild is progressing on 25man hc rag. we have 3 locks one plays affli on rag the other demo and many guildies are of the opinion affliction is better and would provide better overall damage. I was just wondering what you guys thought was the best spec for raggy =)

Cheers

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you need the felstorm for the seeds and the dmg in p3 would allow you transition with less meteors ? If yes go Demo
    If not play affliction or what they prefer .

Depends on the raid comp and whether you think those additional doomguards are what you need to meet a threshold.

Well i dont raid with the guild anymore but a couple of members are kinda berating the locks that arent affli on rag and i just wondered what was better for overall dps and whether or not they deserved that treatment ^^

/jealous of a guild that wants people to go affi...

But it really does depend on your raids problems - p3 (if you are going for single meteor) and seeds.

Single meteor makes p4 trivial, so it can be worth playing demo to get it (shudder) - but from our logs if you include pre-p3 burn on rag to get a bit ahead in p3, the damage between the demo and myself to rag is similar for that period - which made affi by far better overall, since p4 affi damage is superior.

tl;dr - you can justify either, so long as 10% sp is covered.

Deleted
    is there a way to slow down raggis sons with affli? I'm in a 10man and play demo because of the many stuns i need for the sons, does curse of exhaustion work?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    is there a way to slow down raggis sons with affli? I'm in a 10man and play demo because of the many stuns i need for the sons, does curse of exhaustion work?
    Nope. Gotta damage them. Affl doesn't have any stuns outside of Summon Infernal which if you're using that on sons you got problems.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!