Thread: Glyph of Shadow

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Field Marshal DrasticSapTactics's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    83

    Glyph of Shadow

    Has anyone tried this out yet on the PTR? Any word on what it actually does? Tooltip from ptr.wowhead (down atm) said something along the lines of "Changes the appearance of your shadowform".

  2. #2
    I don't believe this is available for testing at this time.. Although I'm sure myself and another tonne of shadowpriests want to find out just how it looks.

  3. #3
    Fluffy Kitten Taurenburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pretending not to be here
    Posts
    3,052
    I heard somewhere here on MMO-C that you can get rid of the shadowform with that glyph but keep the benefits from it.
    Lord protector of the Veal

  4. #4
    It's currently not functional. That said, we assume it has nothing to do with removing the Shadowform appearance, as that can already be done on the PTR without having the glyph equipped.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    It's currently not functional. That said, we assume it has nothing to do with removing the Shadowform appearance, as that can already be done on the PTR without having the glyph equipped.
    ^this

    The glyph isn't available on the PTR. I transferred over my Scribe in an attempt to discover it, and had no luck so far.
    Shadowform on the PTR gives you two buffs, one for the usual buffs it does and the other is the cosmetic effect you can manually click off.

    Whatever is going on, it's clearly not finalized.

  6. #6
    I need to find a way to make an announcement show-up when people come to the priest forums...

    Yes like the others have said the glyph is not functional on the PTR and currently you get two buffs when you go into shadowform which can be clicked off independently of each other.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    ^this

    The glyph isn't available on the PTR. I transferred over my Scribe in an attempt to discover it, and had no luck so far.
    Shadowform on the PTR gives you two buffs, one for the usual buffs it does and the other is the cosmetic effect you can manually click off.

    Whatever is going on, it's clearly not finalized.
    Try doing minor research. Just did it and learned it myself and that was about 2 minutes ago.

    Edit: Just saw someone use it after making it for them. All it does is lower the effect so it's not as shadowy. It's the same just less overall. Using this glyph gave you only 1 shadowform buff which is the current standard on Live realms.

    Edit: Added image

    Last edited by Lucetia; 2011-10-14 at 05:16 AM.

  8. #8
    I can confirm the post above me. It looks about how you look when you target yourself while in Shadowform, while still being purple-y, you lack the black glow that it usually has.

    The secondary buff is also gone, so this is the only way you can 'see' your gear in Shadowform.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

  9. #9
    High Overlord DarkSavior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    195
    It simply makes the purple shade a bit lighter and you are no longer transparent allowing a better view off your gear/mount. The "dark flames" particle effect remains unchanged.

  10. #10

  11. #11
    \o/

    That seems like a good compromise. Still get to be shadowy but you definitely see the gear much better.

  12. #12
    Any chance someone could make the glyph for my priest on Brill EU? Her name is Anastaria ^^ I will pay you for the trouble.

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,702
    The new glyph also has a effect on mounts.


    Old Shadow.



    New Shadow.

    No Shadow


    Personally, I like variety.

    I love my old shadow form a lot, so I am not likely to use it a lot.
    Last edited by Satan; 2011-10-14 at 05:02 PM.
    pro-gun liberal

  14. #14
    Field Marshal Lyllee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    58
    Well even though its not that exciting to look at.. I'm glad they changed it for transmog purposes
    <3 Thanks Geekissexy for the sig <3
    <Singularity> :: 6/7H LF Boomkin/R Shaman/Rogue

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Try doing minor research. Just did it and learned it myself and that was about 2 minutes ago.

    Edit: Just saw someone use it after making it for them. All it does is lower the effect so it's not as shadowy. It's the same just less overall. Using this glyph gave you only 1 shadowform buff which is the current standard on Live realms.

    Edit: Added image


    Oh I did all the researches and even tried the glyph books when the PTR first went live, it wasn't there then. They must have pushed the glyph to learnable in a recent build


    edit -- going into shadowform doesn't give you two buffs on the PTR anymore. Definitely a change in the most recent build.
    Last edited by Themos; 2011-10-14 at 08:04 PM.

  16. #16
    my god why can't druids get one these for furry fat chicken mode?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    edit -- going into shadowform doesn't give you two buffs on the PTR anymore. Definitely a change in the most recent build.
    Oh wow... and here I thought we would have 3 options for our shadowform... I suppose that was a bit silly of me though lol.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh wow... and here I thought we would have 3 options for our shadowform... I suppose that was a bit silly of me though lol.
    I'd trade all three of those away for the Shadowmoourne shadowy effects T.T

  19. #19
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rnYpZibtZs

    Youtube video showing the effects.

    As usual pretty lame and a big letdown of what it could possibly be.

  20. #20
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,502
    So basicly it removes the translucent shit that makes you look like a ghost and just leaves the dark purple skin on your character, cool enough i suppose.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •