CC's now count on damage absob

''Spells which have an effect broken by taking damage past a threshold (Entangling Roots, Fear, Frost Nova, etc.) now count damage that was prevented by damage absorbs or other damage reducing effects.''

Great for all the disc pvp's, now the big question, will that count for polymorph and hex?

Deleted
    Don't they break immediately on damage anyway? ie, yes, it will still break out of Hex/Sheep.

when a priest see a polymorph coming, he can use shadow word death to damage himself and break the polymorph, but if the priest have power word shield on him, the damage is absorbed and it doesnt break it. Thats why im asking

Quote Originally Posted by Hayna View Post
    when a priest see a polymorph coming, he can use shadow word death to damage himself and break the polymorph, but if the priest have power word shield on him, the damage is absorbed and it doesnt break it. Thats why im asking
    I could be wrong about this, but I'm fairly certain they changed that a while ago.

no change, if a priest wanna do that right he needs to cancel de power word shield aura using a macro, and that really sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayna View Post
    This is incorrect. You can still swd out of that if you use it at the very end of cast. Shield status doesn't matter.

This is intended to stop those retarded fears you get with pws up and people hammering away on you without the fear breaking.
    Examples:
    You pws, DK hungering colds you and start attacking you, the hungering cold doesn't break till the shield is completely gone, at which point the dk has managed to get a 25k NS on you.
    You PWS one of your teammates, he is fully dotted, warlock fears with UA up so you can't dispel it, your teammate gets feared to africa, pws breaks after a few seconds due to dot dmg, but the fear has yet to break due pws stopping the fear from forefilling the minimum required dmg taken to break.

All this will be fixed now. Big priest buff, massive warlock nerf.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-10-18 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    This is incorrect. You can still swd out of that if you use it at the very end of cast. Shield status doesn't matter.
    i'm near 99% positive that sheep does not break on damage if you are shielded, and the damage does not break the shield. He's correct in saying that you need to have a cancel aura macro attached to your SW:D in order to SW:D polys.

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    i'm near 99% positive that sheep does not break on damage if you are shielded, and the damage does not break the shield.
    I'd up that number to 100% positive that SWD will not break a poly if you've got PWS on that has a larger absorb value than the damage value of SWD, and 99.99% positive the same applies to DA.

Aggy™

Yep, so i did not get that right, if it will work with spells such as polymorth, if so, that will be just great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    i'm near 99% positive that sheep does not break on damage if you are shielded, and the damage does not break the shield. He's correct in saying that you need to have a cancel aura macro attached to your SW in order to SW polys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggranox View Post
    I'd up that number to 100% positive that SWD will not break a poly if you've got PWS on that has a larger absorb value than the damage value of SWD, and 99.99% positive the same applies to DA.

Aggy™
    I suggest you try it out. They changed how swd works in 4.2 so you now don't have to cancelaura shields to make swd work and instead hit the end of the cast. In 4.1 you could cancelaura shield and just swd a second before the sheep, but doing that now will just make the swd miss as the kickback dmg is almost instant now.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-10-18 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I've been shadow word deathing CC since 2007 and only in cataclysm I've experienced that it fails with a shield up before I got a macro to remove it.
    So, yes, shield status does mater.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    I've been shadow word deathing CC since 2007 and only in cataclysm I've experienced that it fails with a shield up before I got a macro to remove it.
    So, yes, shield status does mater.
    That just makes you look even dumber...

Seriously go test it yourself.
    1. Find mage and duel him
    2. Cast pws on yourself
    3. Cast swd when the polymorph is <0.2 seconds from landing
    4. Post results.

Wow. Seeing all these priests that don't even know how their own class works scares me. I was in an arena. Tried to death a poly, I had pws on it didn't work. Went out and dueled my mage partner. It WORKS if ur shielded. I repeat, swd WILL break sheep if you are shielded. Turns out in that arena match I figured out I deathed too early and it damaged me a split second before I got sheeped.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Didnt have time to test the polymorph SWD yet. But what about the absorb on damage when you are on polymorph, not from the SWD?

Mage have time to cast about 2 Frostbolts till the Shield breaks.