Thread: Gaming remotely

Gaming remotely

Is there any way to remotely connect to my workstation at home and play a game from it. I know RDP doesn't offer 3d support. Remote connection utils dont have the needed framerates. I'm keeping an eye on Gamestring Adrenaline but it's not out yet. Anyone know of any other technologies?

Deleted
    Well, It HAS been done with Onlive. Tho it's terrible lag.

Yeah, I've also checked out streammygame.com but that seems like a bust.

Onlive really isn't that bad. I've tried it out, and it works fine. You just need a rather fast internet connection.

The downside of onlive is they have to have the game available on their end. I want to stream games from my home computer to another computer.

Do a Google search for "Gamestring Adrenalin". I just got onto the beta for this program and it allows you to host a local stream for friends to watch as well as realtime gaming session in the cloud. Essentially you start up an instance of a videogame and attach an adrenalin instance to the game. Then log into gamestring from your mobile device or other computer, and BAM!, you are connected to a remote session of your game. Also you can do some research an RDP enhancement introduced by Microsoft in Windows 7 SP1, called remoteFX. We have tested it at work and have played SC2 over RDP successfully while using it.
    "Hey, that feature you wanted... I finished it, just don't ask me how it works."

info@severitygaming.com
    www.severitygaming.com
    World of Warcraft | StarCraft II | League of Legends | DotA2 | Star Wars: The Old Republic