Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Good Arena comps for 3's

Myself along with a couple of friends are looking to start a 3s Team for the upcoming season, and was looking for some general input as to a decent comp. We're not looking for Gladiator - just doing this more as a good way to spend time with each other and for a change of pace.

Here is what we characters we have access to:

Person #1

Resto Druid
    Feral Druid
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Hunter

Person #2

Feral Druid
    Death Knight
    Mage
    Ret Paladin

Person #3

Disc Priest
    Warlock
    Warrior (possibility)

Thanks.

Take 10mins and go to wow armory, select Game, then 3's and check the Top 100 comps...

There ya go, no thread needed with a little search effort...

Deleted
    MLD will probably be very strong, even more so if they buff resto druids a bit (which I hope and think they will). Other decent options would be FMP, kittycleave (if they fix warriors and paladins) and WMP (with either a paladin or a priest, again, if they fix warriors).

FMP stands out to me..

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Person #1

Resto Druid
    Feral Druid
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Hunter

Person #2
    Feral Druid
    Death Knight
    Mage
    Ret Paladin

Person #3
    Disc Priest
    Warlock
    Warrior (possibility)
    shadowcleave is fun. if your just looking for fun, i wouldnt run rmp or mld. personally i think those are higher skill capped comps and will just frustrate you more when you cant land a kill. melee cleaves also tend to be easier to run. so maybe you can run TSG or feral/dk/disc
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2011-10-19 at 02:21 PM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Feral Mage Disc

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    MLD will probably be very strong, even more so if they buff resto druids a bit (which I hope and think they will). Other decent options would be FMP, kittycleave (if they fix warriors and paladins) and WMP (with either a paladin or a priest, again, if they fix warriors).
    so i dont know alot about warriors. to be honest i think that they have good defensive and offensive cds. but the only problem with them that stands out to me with their mobility, which is comparable to ferals(its bad). im just a 2k hero so idk much.

when u say they need to fix them what do you mean, to be more specific.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Shadowcleave (Holy Paladin/DK/Lock) is your best option, just because shadowcleave hard counters spellcleaves, and imo the Holy Paladin version is better than the Shaman version. Anything you're going to face above 2200 is going to be spellcleaves, which is why shadowcleave is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    Comps that stood out where FMP, MLP, and WMP. To be honest your best bet would be with FMP, that's to say if they don't nerf ferals too hard anytime soon. They're all fun comps. I've played MLP personally and a friend of mine wants to start up a WMP. I've played the mage in RMP and it's loads of fun so I'd assume FMP is just the same. They're also viable comps in high ratings if your group ever decides they want to push ratings.

Just read Obelodalix's post and realized I missed MLD. To be honest, this comp is pretty strong but it has one weakness - the druid. While Mage/Lock synergy might be pretty awesome and their damage is insane... resto druids are a little lackluster right now. So if you want to get anywhere, your druid will need to be skilled to make up for it. The lock and mage will also need to know how to peel well. I know you said you didn't care about glad ratings and only having fun, but winning = fun! :P

Just in case you don't know the comps: FMP - Feral, Mage, Priest; MLP - Mage, Lock, Paladin; WMP - Warrior, Mage, Priest.
    Of course we want to win! We're just aiming to be at a more casual setting and less about pushing over a 2k Rating. It might change with time and experience, but for right now, we just wanted to work out something we all can be happy playing and still be able to Win with it.

We've all spent a fair bit of time discussing the details and ended up deciding to go with a FMP comp. I am partial to my Druid - which is why I'm going Feral as I know Resto is alright, but lackluster in comparison - the other is preferential to his Priest, and our third just filled in the last space, which he ended up deciding on Mage.

Thank you to everyone for the tips/advice, the help is greatly appreciated. Now time to go play around in some BG's ^.^

a wise choice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I played you could fucking mash together death knights and still have 2500 compatibility.

So, you got to have those.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2011-10-19 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    Person #1

Resto Druid $
    Feral Druid #
    Holy Paladin *
    Disc Priest
    Hunter

Person #2

Feral Druid *
    Death Knight
    Mage # $
    Ret Paladin

Person #3

Disc Priest #
    Warlock $
    Warrior (possibility) *

* - Kittycleave it's powerfull at the moment and it's going to be even better after patch
    # - FMP, feral mage priest, one of the best comps this season, should be still good after patch
    $ - MLD, mage lock rdruid, MLS is better but this comp still works it gives resto druid quite a lot of free time due to peels the comp offers which is really rare for resto druid comps.

go MLS... pick target, dots, fear, shatter, lolicelance, gg cy@ collect points

Deleted
    Mage, lock, healer
    UH DK, lock, healer

2 very viable comps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Songweaver View Post
    Myself along with a couple of friends are looking to start a 3s Team for the upcoming season, and was looking for some general input as to a decent comp. We're not looking for Gladiator - just doing this more as a good way to spend time with each other and for a change of pace.

Here is what we characters we have access to:

Person #1

Resto Druid
    Feral Druid
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Hunter

Person #2

Feral Druid
    Death Knight
    Mage
    Ret Paladin

Person #3

Disc Priest
    Warlock
    Warrior (possibility)

Thanks.
    MLD, Feral/Mage/Priest, Feral/Hunter/Priest, Resto Druid/DK/Lock These are the best comps from that list.

Deleted
    Shadowcleave with resto druid is not a good comp.

If you can get one of the priest to go shadow, I would suggest Shattertree (Mage,Shadow priest, Resto druid) If not I would say maybe FMP or KittyCleave.
    (FMP= Feral Mage Priest, KittyCleave= Warrior, Druid feral, Holy pally)

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't suggest shattertree, shadowplay, or MLD / MLP on the basis that those are all much higher skill cap comps than you are going to enjoy. If you are just out for fun with your friends, pick something faceroll that you can charge around and occasionally gib someone - you won't be able to get glad - but you will be able to get 2200 very easily with the right faceroll comp.

Faceroll comps are anything with a feral or dk and any comp where a mage is dps (as opposed to their past job of babysitter/burst support like the comps I didn't suggest above, and RMP). Anything involving a feral should get to 2k for free and 2200 if you bind some of your keys and disable click to move this season, next season anything involving a feral will be free gladiator (but you may have to either disable click to move, or bind some keys to get to rank 1).

Infact, looking at your comp choices above, I would just suggest you run Feral / Feral / Disc - because the only way that comp could be better is if the Disc was also a Feral.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prylozap View Post
    FMP/Kittycleave imo:P
    Seconded