Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Before making all that mess with holy, retribution needs a long, and thoughtful look. Holy is actually fine as it is. Maybe make Protection less derpy as well.

What do you want Blizzard to announce for Paladins at Blizzcon?
    Free coupons to punch the people responsible for Ret in the face. Paying 100$ per coupon.

Since I'm pretty sure I won't get that, I'd love to see announcements about RNG being ripped the fuck out the game. No more major proc's based on RNG. A proc for a crit? That's fine. Needing a proc to even attack? Not so fine. At all. RNG shouldn't let me use something as powerful as a TV. Ever.

CD's making up nearly half my damage output? That needs to go. Remove GoAK and Zealotry, leaving us with just wings.

Holy Power being removed from the game.

Ghost Crawler flogged mercilessly for calling Wrath Ret broken, then delivering Cata Ret. With "friends" like that, we certainly don't need enemies.

Deleted
    As a ret...

- Stance system to differentiate roles and give cool bonuses, as well as allowing for a greater melee toolkit.
    - Preferably a new resource system, like the OP said - energy and holy power combo system for example, fixing melee and making healer more unique.
    - Less RNG, cooldown dependence, and ramp up time.
    - Anti kiting tools, maybe a slow?

The ability to name your GoAk! Rupert needs to show off his name!

Sorrow is the price we pay for love. Love to Vervaine for the signature.

Honestly, I would want them to have an actual DIRECTION for Paladins; from reading past things it seems like Blizzard has never, and still doesn't, know what they want the Paladin to be in the game. Has any other class been changed as much or as often? It seems every patch is a near re-work of core Paladin mechanics, which just screams "We have no idea what the F we're doing and just tossing something out there to see if it sticks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Free coupons to punch the people responsible for Ret in the face. Paying 100$ per coupon.

Since I'm pretty sure I won't get that, I'd love to see announcements about RNG being ripped the fuck out the game. No more major proc's based on RNG. A proc for a crit? That's fine. Needing a proc to even attack? Not so fine. At all. RNG shouldn't let me use something as powerful as a TV. Ever.

CD's making up nearly half my damage output? That needs to go. Remove GoAK and Zealotry, leaving us with just wings.

Ghost Crawler flogged mercilessly for calling Wrath Ret broken, then delivering Cata Ret. With "friends" like that, we certainly don't need enemies.
    I totally understand how you feel - after years of playing a Holy the changes sucked the hope out of me. The basic idea behind Holy Power is not too bad, but it sucks in most of the cases.
    If you have a good group then it basically is not necessary to use the Holy Power resources too extensively means the usual Holy Shock is enough to provide some extra heals at no mana cost - great. But if there is desperate need for heal because of a rather whacky group or new encounters then it is almsot impossible to use the Holy Power mechanic in a useful way. It takes to much time to build it up and use it accordingly and in effect instead of focusing on how to play, you basically go for your mana pool & refresh to become as high as necessary to stay in the game.

My favourite changes would be:
    Leave Holy Power but make it a "booster" which you could use up for any of your spells increasing the effect of these like for instance 5%,10%,25% plus on anything next you cast.
    With that you could really find different ways of using it.

And above all: Blizz please start to burden damage dealers with their gameplay - it's simple - if DDs don't move simply debuff their damage for 50% for 5 seconds and they will start to move - you'll see - and for the first time the damage statistics would start to correlate with good gamer sklills

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Honestly, I would want them to have an actual DIRECTION for Paladins; from reading past things it seems like Blizzard has never, and still doesn't, know what they want the Paladin to be in the game. Has any other class been changed as much or as often? It seems every patch is a near re-work of core Paladin mechanics, which just screams "We have no idea what the F we're doing and just tossing something out there to see if it sticks."
    And this is why I might be leaving WoW. If they still have no idea what they're going to do, then SWTOR will be my main game. I could reroll, but I've done so SO much on my paladin that I wouldn't want to. UNLESS they make certain core achievements account wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    And this is why I might be leaving WoW. If they still have no idea what they're going to do, then SWTOR will be my main game. I could reroll, but I've done so SO much on my paladin that I wouldn't want to. UNLESS they make certain core achievements account wide.

This makes me wonder, if they made all achievements account wide then how many people would still continue to play ret.

At this point most of the paladins I know only continue to play paladins because they have deep connections to them because of all they have done/accomplished with them in the past. If they were able to carry proof of those accomplishments to another character I think at this point many of them would simply give up playing the spec because they have realized that blizzard management either still has biases against ret or simply doesn't give a sh!t about it.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

This makes me wonder, if they made all achievements account wide then how many people would still continue to play ret.
    I'd need more than BoA achieves. It's have to be everything. Rep, achieves, mounts, pets, ect. And I'd have abandoned ret a while ago

I can hope remove HOly Power.

If not, I hope they streamline it better and improve upon it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd need more than BoA achieves. It's have to be everything. Rep, achieves, mounts, pets, ect. And I'd have abandoned ret a while ago
    Ya mounts would be another thing that would be a must for me as well, have over 85 of them on my paladin. Several (4-5) of which are feats of strength now.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonetheless View Post
    Fixing rets and issuing an apology would be nice... High Hopes lol
    You know sadly I agree with this lol. It would be very nice but I don't see it every happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removal of holypower system as it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post

At this point most of the paladins I know only continue to play paladins because they have deep connections to them because of all they have done/accomplished with them in the past. If they were able to carry proof of those accomplishments to another character I think at this point many of them would simply give up playing the spec because they have realized that blizzard management either still has biases against ret or simply doesn't give a sh!t about it.
    I gotta commend the ones staying Paladin even now, as I changed class a little while ago (although my Paladin has still got all the good stuff). I couldn't take it anymore myself.

Honestly, the only thing I want for Paladins is to make it more FUN. To be honest, I think the problem with Paladins, and perhaps other classes too, is that it's too much "one-button spamming with the occasional second button". So for Retridins, it's simply CS->other skill->CS->other skill->CS->other skill->CS... and so on. UNLESS you're lucky with the 3HP proc thing, which you probably just use to spam Templar's Verdict anyway. It gets awfully repetitive. I'd like more variation. More useful skills, and a more complicated way to DPS.

That's me though. I don't play Paladin right now (mostly MM Hunter now which I like), but if they changed them so they're more complex but USEFUL, I'd go straight back.

I was going to post my thoughts but this post pretty well sums up how I feel as well, especially the RNG comments. The only other thing I would say is how lazy a design using so much RNG is.

Revert everything to patch 3.3.2 , bring back Seal Of Blood and also bring back Divine Intervention. Thank you.
    For the Glory of Mankind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    bring back Seal Of Blood and also bring back Divine Intervention
    Yes.

Stupid 10 character minimum

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy.... Ardent Defender back to it's old self *nods*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Did anyone else notice that one of Blizzard's restrictions in the Paladin Q&A prevented people from asking serious questions about the performance of Ret in PVE?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    What issues do you want to see them develop?

For Paladins my wishlist is simple:

1: Class development.
    More specifically

A: A stance system for role differentiation
    B: A better integrated 5 pip Holy Power system (renamed Zeal) coupled with an Energy equivalent (call it Faith) that removes the need for all those talents and CDs that try to emulate its features (of Energy) without actually implementing it and which is used and integrated for all the class roles.
    C: A more diverse and complete baseline toolkit that allows for moves to be assigned to individual roles, prevents overloading and keeps to the "one ability for one task" principle

2: An answer to spellplate.
    It is, IMO, a little unfair to have spell plate. It skews loottables and can give Holydins an unfair advatage gearign up, especially in DKP systems....who else is going to spend DKP on spellplate. Stances could allow for a better solution.

3: Less reliance on RNG and CDs
    Enough said.

4:A more polished rotation
    Ditto

5: Mobility and Dispel issues addressed
    I love LAotL...but its a PvE ability and its PvP where the trouble is. Something needs to be added to increase Time on Target and if thats ranged combat or a CD based spirnt or other effect....As for Dispel...its too powerful and needs to be addressed at source.

6: Homogenisation issues addressed - not just for paladins
    Classes have become very similar in many ways in the name of balance and it would be nice to see that reverted somehow. For paladins, full integration may lead to a more different fell, but it may also be an idea to think about S'n'B DPS or 2H tanking to make the class really differ.

EJL
    I'm confused. You say you want less homogenizing, yet you basically want to give them warrior stances, Rogue combo points/energy, and the removal of spell power plate, the only plate that a paladin can wear that other classes can't. wut?