Warhammer Online, active at all?

Bored as hell. Pretty much everyone I know has quit WoW and the game has virtually no appeal to me anymore so I'm kinda stuck. Really just want something new to play and remembered I used to have a Warhammer account that I let go inactive after the first month haha. I know the devs have moved on to SWTOR, but is there at least one server that is active?

Also considering playing Guild Wars 1 to get ready for Guild Wars 2.

Warhammer is developed by Mythic, SWToR by Bioware FYI.

As far as I've heard, the game is still alive and kicking. They're still pushing out updates ect. and are working on a spinoff that's currently in beta called Wrath of Heroes (6v6v6 arena with premades). When my friends played a few months back they said the server they played on (no clue what it was) were still pretty active at high level, but not very active while leveling : /

GW1 might be a bit of a shock since it plays pretty differently from most MMO's out there (AND YOU CAN'T FREAKING JUMP!). I played it a bit and it's pretty solid, just a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

As far as I've heard, the game is still alive and kicking. They're still pushing out updates ect. and are working on a spinoff that's currently in beta called Wrath of Heroes (6v6v6 arena with premades). When my friends played a few months back they said the server they played on (no clue what it was) were still pretty active at high level, but not very active while leveling : /

GW1 might be a bit of a shock since it plays pretty differently from most MMO's out there (AND YOU CAN'T FREAKING JUMP!). I played it a bit and it's pretty solid, just a bit different.
    Thanks man. I thought I read Mythic was working on SWTOR. Yeah I played Warhammer and it was fun but it was so damn buggy it felt like an alpha phase at release.

And no jumping in guild wars? Deal breaker. :P

Deleted
    actually mythic are part of bioware and the mythic team are working on swtor pvp side of things.

The pvp in WAR was really good and one of the reasons why I played for aslong as I did, the game is fairly dead now but I think I was just on a dead server when I last played =\
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Do any of you know the most active server?

Deleted
    I played Guild Wars 1 before WoW, it is very different gameplay to WoW, you may not get on with it. I found it was very structured in what you do, but also very good fun level cap was a bit low at the time (think it was 20) and took no time at all to get too but there was quite a lot to do at end game if you wanted too

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Warhammer is dead. Not even gonna lie bro their servers have maybe a few thousand people total.

You can't jump in GW though...

i'm playing warhammer online till gw2 comes out.

and tier 1-3 is alot of fun.
    t4 becomes fun when you reach rr80+

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    i'm playing warhammer online till gw2 comes out.

and tier 1-3 is alot of fun.
    t4 becomes fun when you reach rr80+
    what is the most active server? I'm definitely gonna give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by golfer View Post
    what is the most active server? I'm definitely gonna give it a try.
    both the eu servers are pretty active.
    i don't know about us servers.

and if you have been a subscriber 90 day ago you can get the 14 day return to see if you still like it.
    or try the endless free trail till swtor comes out

I've heard a few servers are still alive and kicking, but the rest are completely dead. Also, apparently it's only active at the endgame (virtually nothing under top level), but I've also heard that the endgame is pretty dang active and it's pretty fun too.

EA put Mythic work on SWOTR's PvP aspect as far as I know so the OP is technically right.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

and fyi mythic is working with bioware and ea. just like swtor.

look at there forum.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/ca...ndex?warhammer

you need a bioware account to post on there servers.

I'm interested in giving this game a shot, but seeing as it has an endless free trial, I figure I might as well give it a go.

Is it as dead as people say it is? My friend played casually a month or so ago and said a couple of servers had high populations, but the rest were relatively dead in comparison.

Yeah I need something to do so I think I am going to try this out.

And I only have a Mac right now and this is one of the few F2P games that is available :P

If anyone is looking to play with or recommends a good server let me know. I have never played this before
    Last edited by whill4; 2011-10-24 at 09:36 PM.

Nowhere near where it was a few years ago, I played it from launch for about 2.5 years as an Archmage, quit right around the time the new RR came out, which let you get up to RR100.

The biggest reason I left was the fragmented community. The more competitive players that I had played with and against had almost all left. And those left, were not the same, couldn't get people to care anymore.