1. #1
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,155

    Shadow PVP with Spirit set?

    Hello,

    I still have my priest - which was my main from vanilla through wrath - sitting on the shelfs waiting to hit 85, and recently thought about leveling her up for pvp, mostly battleground, purposes. I always loved shadow but from time to time liked to heal as well, especially in pvp.

    So, is there a viable way to only get 1 PVP set and being able to use it for both healing and shadow battleground play? I imagine getting the spirit set would be best? Or the crit set and reforging to spirit for healing? Or a mix of both?
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  2. #2
    Since you only need 4% hit for PvP, any spirit on a Spriest's Gear after 4% in PvP would be a wasted stat, pretty much i would say go the 4 set Shadow PvP set, and just swap and change off pieces for when you go a different spec, though unless you have 2 complete sets, one of your specs will always be abit worse then having the correct set.

  3. #3
    Most shadow priests use 4 disc pieces because the disc 4 set is actually better for shadow than the shadow 4 set is.

  4. #4
    As said, the Disc set is actually BiS for shadow too. Lucky you
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,155
    Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    As said, the Disc set is actually BiS for shadow too. Lucky you
    Awesome
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  6. #6
    You should get 4 pieces healing and head as shadow for the haste. Your spirit gets turned into hit so its very nice and the 4th setbonus is exelent for pvp. But just check the arena ladders, all is using the 4th set healing. Good place to look for specs and how to gem gear upp

  7. #7
    Epic! Demetrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    {◕ ◡ ◕}
    Posts
    1,512
    Go 4pc of mooncloth with satin shoulders and haste offsets is your best choice.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 10:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Johansson View Post
    You should get 4 pieces healing and head as shadow for the haste. Your spirit gets turned into hit so its very nice and the 4th setbonus is exelent for pvp. But just check the arena ladders, all is using the 4th set healing. Good place to look for specs and how to gem gear upp
    Or this. Since you won't be playing shadow mainly bonus spirit from shoulders could come in handy, although my personal preference would still be mooncloth head + satin shoulders for bonus mastery.

  8. #8
    the disc 4pc bonus seems not working as intended, deriving from some feedback from pvp forums.

    So in this case, assuming you start with 365ilvl set, you are trading 159 crit+181 haste+20 mastery with 360 spirit.

    That much loss of critical rating and haste (not only the 181 haste on gear but also the 5% cast time from 4pc set bonus)
    is not wise.
    Hit rating or manaregen you will gain from the disc set will not turn the tide.
    If you don't at least softcap your armpen, you will be more troubled with "resists" than "misses".
    On top of all, please remember that your duty as a shadowpriest is "Damage Dealing".
    And your gearing strategy should be based around maximizing dps and secondly stacking resilience as much as possible ofc.

  9. #9
    Epic! Demetrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    {◕ ◡ ◕}
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliconius View Post
    the disc 4pc bonus seems not working as intended, deriving from some feedback from pvp forums.

    So in this case, assuming you start with 365ilvl set, you are trading 159 crit+181 haste+20 mastery with 360 spirit.

    That much loss of critical rating and haste (not only the 181 haste on gear but also the 5% cast time from 4pc set bonus)
    is not wise.
    Hit rating or manaregen you will gain from the disc set will not turn the tide.
    If you don't at least softcap your armpen, you will be more troubled with "resists" than "misses".
    On top of all, please remember that your duty as a shadowpriest is "Damage Dealing".
    And your gearing strategy should be based around maximizing dps and secondly stacking resilience as much as possible ofc.

    I'm just wondering from where did you get 181 haste loss, by my calculation's you lose something less than 40 haste which is meaningless for the benefit of 4 seconds freedom from set bonus. Perhaps you got this without reforging (which shouldn't be excluded ever from the gearing decisions).

    Mooncloth set bonus is just too good to exchange it for the cast time and a bit of crit which would have been reforged to haste anyway.

    With the spirit provided from the gear you will reach Hit Cap with ease, and spell pen can be solved with penetration back and enchant so there is no problem with that either.

    And sorry, your duty as shadow priest isn't Damage Dealing only. You are the supporter in your team. Your off healing is amazing (only ret palas WoG is somewhat near it), dispelling (offensive and defensive via MD), life gripping, shielding, etc.

    Stacking resilience isn't necessary either. With full ruthless + t2 wep you would be sitting at 4250+ ressilience which is more than enough (without res gems).


    EDIT: And this is from arena standpoint. Perhaps for fun battegrounds which you will be playing, 4 pc satin would be better for sole purpose of face melting
    Last edited by Demetrion; 2011-10-19 at 09:00 AM. Reason: EDIT EDIT?

  10. #10
    5% cast time on mind blast and spike is tiny considerin there short casts anyway!
    Mooncloth and reforgin is the way to go.. Its actually a no brainer tht somehow ppl replyin in this thread struggled with....

  11. #11
    I like how everyone is saying disc set bonus

    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Since you only need 4% hit for PvP, any spirit on a Spriest's Gear after 4% in PvP would be a wasted stat, pretty much i would say go the 4 set Shadow PvP set, and just swap and change off pieces for when you go a different spec, though unless you have 2 complete sets, one of your specs will always be abit worse then having the correct set.
    I disagree with this. A snare immunity on your Shield is a lot more useful than 5% reduced cast time on MB and MS.

  13. #13
    Good place to look for specs and how to gem gear upp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •