Come on, now you're being silly. Anyone jungling Warwick is likely doing so because they aren't too comfortable and/or knowledgeable about jungling in general. (Exception: you have a Malzahar mid on your team.) They won't even consider the effect of smite beyond "it lets me kill neutral mobs faster on my route".

Maybe I just overestimate people too much sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Exces View Post
    Played LoL for a while not too long ago, and recently started playing it again.
    Any recommendation as to which champion to get as a farily new player?

In moba games i'm usually a ranged gank/burst or jungler, if it is of any help
    To any new player I would Ashe without thinking twice about it. She is pretty easy to get at 450 IP as well as easy to learn and learn how to last hit minions with her.

Other Recommendations would be Ahri, Graves, Ez, Tristana (who you get for free for liking there facebook page) for ranged. Jungler: Nocture, Udyr, Nautilas, Shen (although he is banned like 90+% of the time)
    Last edited by lovecraft; 2012-08-07 at 03:18 PM.
    League of Legends Porkchop Express 30 NA

Looking to plan out my next few buys and I figure I'd start by stating my main/most used champions and then give a list of ones I want to buy/ what I'm interested in for suggestions.

My mains:

Lux- mid
    Leona- support bot
    Amumu- jungle
    Karma- mostly just for fun until the rework
    Vayne- ad carry if ever needed (usually not)

Champs I'm interested in:

Urgot
    Zyra
    Diana
    Talon
    Renekton
    Kog'Maw
    Fizz

Now, if anyone could, I'd really appreciate you telling me your thoughts on all those ones in my "interested in" list. What do you think my buy order should be? Should I fill roles I don't have first? Which of them is your favorite and why? Do any of them have a tough time in the current meta? Which is the most difficult to master? Which has the best CC potential?

Answering any/all of those questions would be extremely helpful
    Thanks!

Fizz/Talon/Diana are assassins, only "usefull" if they manage to get the ball rolling.
    Renekton is fun, extreme early game but as above, if he doesn't keep ahead he will fall down lategame.
    Kog'Maw, weak earlygame, no escapes, extreme lategame. Needs people to keep you alive, so a dangerous carry to pick if you aren't used to AD.
    Urgot, strong bruiser type, but can't replace AD carry or bruiser. Needs to fit in setup. Can shut down other botlane easily, with Soraka he's an absolute nightmare.
    Zyra, just got nerfed, but I think she's still in a good place. High skillcap, insane ultimate, nice burst and 'dat root'.

On the fun meter I'd go Renekton > Zyra > rest.

Ezreal or Lee Sin for a 6.3k IP champion? I know they fill different roles but which one is the funniest to play etc ?

I'm gonna play Lee Sin as solo top (i dont really like jungle) and Ezreal as AD...i already got Vayne, Kog, Graves and Tristana to fill the ad carry role and Xin Zhao, Nasus, Mordekaiser, Kennen for solo top...

I know Lee Sin is competitive, but what about the fun factor? Oh and is Ezreal anywhere near the other ADs in terms of damage, mobility etc?

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernous View Post
    Ezreal or Lee Sin for a 6.3k IP champion? I know they fill different roles but which one is the funniest to play etc ?

I'm gonna play Lee Sin as solo top (i dont really like jungle) and Ezreal as AD...i already got Vayne, Kog, Graves and Tristana to fill the ad carry role and Xin Zhao, Nasus, Mordekaiser, Kennen for solo top...

I know Lee Sin is competitive, but what about the fun factor? Oh and is Ezreal anywhere near the other ADs in terms of damage, mobility etc?
    Lee sin is a blind monk who kicks ass (how badass is that?), ezreal is a retarded pokemon trainer. Enough said.

In all seriousness, both of them have good mobility and lee sin is probably the most fun champion in the game, assuming you jungle with him. He's a solid solo top pick too, but I prefer jungle with him.

Ezreal has 2 long range skills that you can use for harassing, blink for mobility and global skill shot ulti. I never liked ez myself and I hate seeing him in games (he looks so retarded).

I would say get Lee sin. You wont regret it.

Having some real trouble deciding between Katarina and Mordekaiser.
    Both can totally wreck up a teamfight and are APs.
    Thoughts, ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Antech View Post
    Having some real trouble deciding between Katarina and Mordekaiser.
    Both can totally wreck up a teamfight and are APs.
    Thoughts, ideas?
    Go for Morde. He is a beast and can carry games. He doesn't need to be ridiculously fed to be effective in team fights, just ulti the AD carry, kill him and it's 6v4.

Katarina atm is one of the most UP champions ingame. She will stump under level/baddies with her ulti, but once people get to know that her ulti can be stopped with about 100 spells in game, she becomes useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Go for Morde. He is a beast and can carry games. He doesn't need to be ridiculously fed to be effective in team fights, just ulti the AD carry, kill him and it's 6v4.

Katarina atm is one of the most UP champions ingame. She will stump under level/baddies with her ulti, but once people get to know that her ulti can be stopped with about 100 spells in game, she becomes useless.
    If you're playing her in a way that the enemy has plenty of opportunities to stop your ulti, then as an assassin, you're fundamentally playing her wrong and it's not Katarina being UP. She's a pick that works primarily against soft squishy teams. Getting the reset is more important than getting an ulti off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    If you're playing her in a way that the enemy has plenty of opportunities to stop your ulti, then as an assassin, you're fundamentally playing her wrong and it's not Katarina being UP. She's a pick that works primarily against soft squishy teams. Getting the reset is more important than getting an ulti off.
    Most of Katas I have been with, do extremely well in mid game. They carry games, getting double/triple is routine. But as late game starts to role around, they tend to fade out a bit. Donno why that is because personally I have not played her besides a few bot games, maybe it's the damage or the team finally able to shut her down after so many fails or it's the player getting overconfident or maybe the team finally builds enough hp.

Even if she is not UP, she is nowhere near the top tier. I wouldn't even include her in the second tier.
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!

Can nautilus be played without being jungler?
    I dont do ranked, just normal blind picks and I simply cant jungle.
    I like the concept and the look of champ as tanky-support-bruiser(?). But I'm also looking for Graves..

Also do they refund still? FAQ says "not this time" but hasnt they always done like 1-3? Want to get rid of varus :|
    "when women wear makeup they’re basically lying to us"
    Well, I don’t see why women are being blamed if man is stupid enough to really think they have red and gold eyelids.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    I like the concept and the look of champ as tanky-support-bruiser(?). But I'm also looking for Graves..

Also do they refund still? FAQ says "not this time" but hasnt they always done like 1-3? Want to get rid of varus :|
    Yes, absolutey...Naut can support and top lane in addition to jungling.

Not sure about refunding...I've never asked.

"There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

They still refund, but only ONCE per account, and up to 3 items.

Naut's a beast. You can play him mid to trolololol. Got a friend who plays him mid, does surprisingly well. One of the best gankers and team fighters in the game.

Support Nuat is played in very unique way. My friend just stands there, doing nothing, not even moving, sometimes I feel he goes afk, then suddenly he Qs and either gets the kill or force them out of the lane. Donno if he is the only one doing it or is it some strategy invented by a pro.

Top lane he doesn't work against some bruisers because he is weak early on. You will be killed easily if you try to go 1v1. I think it's better to pick him for top when you are facing passive opponents, against aggressors you need to stay close to the tower and call in for ganks.

Dunno what the guy above me is talking about in regards to Nautilus top. You just max your shield first and you can trade w/ just about anyone.

I do agree, however, that Naut is better in the support role.

"There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post

If you think Varus is weak I would say hold out a little longer, they have some changes planned for him.

Also I would probably wait until you have 3 things you want to refund since you only get one shot.

Maybe I should get my Trundle refunded.

Why? o.O

He's teh awesome! Also, he's getting some rework done.

Oh, I forgot one thing; the purchase has to be within a month, or it won't be eligible for a refund.