Hmm ok... where can i see those stats?
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Should I buy Jayce?
    I like the concept and the animations, is he better as AD or solotop?
    Jayce recently got a nice fix to his auto-attack animation. He's so much more fun to play now, and I'd highly recommend him. He's great solo top for his versatility, and in bot lane, you need to be really aggressive. Utilize his extra durability in hammer form to beat the enemy carry in a brawl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1b6Q4SUgsM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    Hmm ok... where can i see those stats?
    http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...te&range=daily

Fiddle with the settings for region, time period or Elo range.

There's another site as well, but I forgot which one that was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...te&range=daily

Fiddle with the settings for region, time period or Elo range.

There's another site as well, but I forgot which one that was.
    >Hecarim

I told them

I told them he was viable

But they wouldn't listen

ty
    10 chars
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

I never understood why people called Hecarim nonviable. He seemed amazing when I played him in free week. Granted only one was a PvP game, but I never felt UP. He has a weak early game much like Skarner, but that's about it.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 04:44 PM ----------

Also look at the bot lane synergy. Taric/Graves by far the most picked combo and with a very high win rate 54%+. Graves overall is the most picked AD carry with almost all offensive support. Ezreal is picked most with almost all defensive support (he is also very dominant on the scene. I put it due to his ulti. Firing it across the map might not give you a kill, but will give you an assist atleast + few gold). I don't understand why Riot doesn't nerf Graves after they have seen him dominate the scene again and again and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Hecarim has some of the best Armor/Magic resistance scalings of all champions, which allows him to build his damage early and tankiness comes along quite nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hecarim was bad until they changed his damage to minions. He just fell off hard before they fixed that. He's perfectly viable now. Might even be strong if they tweak him a tiny bit more.

Deleted
    Hecarim is really strong, he´s the kind of jungler that is perfect for ranked at medium-low ELO. He has great ganks while still having a decent clear speed. He has a mix of damage and utility without really ever falling off in games. In solo queue you pretty much have to do it all and he has it. I´ve had troubles with the fast junglers that you can´t gank effectively, while the CC junglers simply clear too slow and can´t duel anyone because they lack damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    I never understood why people called Hecarim nonviable. He seemed amazing when I played him in free week. Granted only one was a PvP game, but I never felt UP. He has a weak early game much like Skarner, but that's about it.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 04:44 PM ----------

Also look at the bot lane synergy. Taric/Graves by far the most picked combo and with a very high win rate 54%+. Graves overall is the most picked AD carry with almost all offensive support. Ezreal is picked most with almost all defensive support (he is also very dominant on the scene. I put it due to his ulti. Firing it across the map might not give you a kill, but will give you an assist atleast + few gold). I don't understand why Riot doesn't nerf Graves after they have seen him dominate the scene again and again and again.
    Graves just screams Taric imo, your passive and his W + probably armor yellows makes you an early game tank. Taric gives little sustain, a stun followed by Graves his blind/slow, great burst from both.

If anyone was gay in LoL it should be them, they just match too good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soraka is as bad. More tankiness and endless mana for the quickdraw/buckshot/smoke screen 3-punch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Helloes all, here is my question, might be a long-ish post though, so sorry about that in advance.
    I've started playing league of legends really recently, about a month or so ago. Wasn't playing constantly though, only played enough games to buy one champion for 3100points and one for rpoints. So really, not a lot of experience at all. Now that I am on my way to start collecting points to the next champion I have troubles deciding what I should get.
    I do enjoy playing healers A LOT. On wow I've been playing only healing characters too. I do also like working in team, going solo top, middle or jungle seems lonely and scary.
    The logical choice would be support characters, right? Well, maybe, maybe not. The champions that I currently own are Sona and Morgana. Love Sona, however I end up playing her really aggressively and often ending up getting the kill for myself, not for my teammate - but hey, that enemy champion just has to die! When I play Morgana, I play her as support too, those stuns are delicious while someone murders the enemy. But I believe that this is not really the intended way to play any of those, is it? Murderous Sona who is supposed to be support and Support Morgana who is supposed to go mid, at least according to the guides that I've read (however the ammount of different information in guides to a newbie is just...overwhelming , I'm actually struggling with understanding how what plays ). So maybe I should try pure dps? So that killing enemy champions would be the logical and expected thing of me to do.
    What kind of pure deeps would you recommend then?
    my criteria.
    1) I'm a stereotypical female, I won't play a male character.
    2) I would prefer a ranged, I'm new to the game and terribad at melee and don't like melee in any game that I've tried.
    3) can be either support or pure dps

Champions that I own: Sona and Morgana
    Champions that I've tried and do not own:
    Soraka - she is free now but dear god, she is so boring!
    Lulu - tried her when she was free for two bot games, she plays nice but I think she was too complicated for me, once again, total nab. She looks like a harder champion to play properly.
    Zyra - was free, too complicated for me or there is a lack of noob friendly guides, no idea how she is supposed to play...
    Ashe - everyone tried ashe, she seems squishy and boring
    Diana - tried her once on someone elses account, actually really enjoyed how she played, she is very expensive and I'm just starting. Also people are saying that she is really ''easy to shut down'', whatever that means, my guess is that she is not very good.
    Irelia - tried her once on someone elses account, was ashamed of how bad I was on her but I just cant play melee no matter how hard I try.
    Janna - tried her on someone elses account, she seems like she can annoy enemies so much and she seems noob friendly. If I don't think of anything, I will either buy her or save for Lux just because Lux looks pretty, or maybe even Tristana, never tried her but she looks adorable. Dunno if she is any good though >.<

Hopelessly confused, will appreciate any answers, even ololoyoureanoob <3
    Ok, maybe not that
    Last edited by Snaige; 2012-08-18 at 09:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get Tristana for free if you like Riot on Facebook (check their site for more details).

--

You can try taking Morgana mid for a start. I agree with Soraka being boring. Janna seems like a decent option for you. She is a useful support and does have some heals, even if it is on her ultimate. Lux is like Morgana in that she can go support as well as mid (though both do better in mid, either can work just fine as support).

Some suggestions:
    Annie is pretty straight forward as mage. She is generally played mid and is very cheap. She is also in free rotation quite often.
    Ahri is expensive, but I found her to be relatively easy to get the hang of. Try her in a free week, if it comes up soon. Again, she tends to be played in mid.
    Leona is more like a tank than a healer, but still protects the carry in bottom lane. You might enjoy this as well.

Here are a few guides which might be useful for you:
    http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=6097 - Support Guide
    http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=31375 - Another Support Guide

And, if anything at all, read this:
    http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=21513 - A Guide to getting started in LoL. It contains a lot of useful info.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much for linking those sites, the guides I've been reading so far were from mobafire. When I had some questions and went to read the comments, they were...well...flamewars. I'm an older player so reading teenagers calling each other names was a bit scary and frustrating.
    Free Tristana was very much appreciated too, when you are just starting, saved me a lot of points.

If I could ask another question, what about Leblanc and Orianna? (I noticed them because they looked quite beautiful) Bad, good, easy, difficult? Where do they belong too? Because I really prefer playing with someone instead of being all alone in the middle :3
    Last edited by Snaige; 2012-08-18 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Thank you very much for linking those sites, the guides I've been reading so far were from mobafire. When I had some questions and went to read the comments, they were...well...flamewars. I'm an older player so reading teenagers calling each other names was a bit scary and frustrating.
    Free Tristana was very much appreciated too, when you are just starting, saved me a lot of points.

If I could ask another question, what about Leblanc and Orianna? (I noticed them because they looked quite beautiful) Bad, good, easy, difficult? Where do they belong too? Because I really prefer playing with someone instead of being all alone in the middle :3
    They're both mid champs, though can occasionally both be used as support too. I'd get Ori though, LB has some crazy burst and can snowball hard, yet can be shut down hard too making her relative useless later on. Ori is quite hard to master though, her spells synergize quite good and provide both damage, mobility and safety. A good Ori is a massive pain to deal with or a blessing to have in your team, you just have to know how to be that good Ori.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    He's rather semi-passive (you can do scary speed+knockup, which is really aggressive move, but most of time you can get up kills extremely safe by just literally fishing for them).
    There's nothing hard about him when you want to "carry normals" because many comps just have retarded hard time vs him, and his numbers by themself are retarded (he's the kind of support that threatens carries hard in mid-game). Still hoping he gets some change for he is the funbreaker #1.
    Play Sivir and Blitzcrank is throwing cookies at you instead of pulling you away.

Deleted
    1) I'm a stereotypical female, I won't play a male character.
    I thought the female stereotype was 'I only play supports'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I thought the female stereotype was 'I only play supports'
    Supports are lovely but watching the enemy champ run away even if your carry is fully healed and shielded sucks badly. So someone has to do the killing. If my carry doesnt, I guess I will have to do it myself.

I know that feeling.

I've had so many incredibad damage dealers in the last games that I've ended up having to nick kills as support, since they won't.

Snip that
    Ololyoureanoob <3

It's fine if you get kills as support, as long as you don't actively hunt them. Think of it this way: should you get a big gold advantage and your carry doesn't get kills, a Zeke's Herald will solve it.

Lulu is similar to Sona in the poking department. She excels in that and her playstyle is built around it plus her massive utility in teamfights. Janna is the support that says "Teamfights happen when I want them to happen".

Instinct says you should check Lux and Nidalee, mostly the latter because she plays agressive poke and has great sustained heals+steroid.

If pure DPS you want I believe the AP carry role would suit you better than AD carry. AD is based around becoming stronger the longer the game goes on, ultimately becoming your team's biggest damage source.

AP carry stays strong steadily with some exceptions and brings great utility. For example, Morgana doesn't do that much damage but her 3sec snare and her Anti-CC shield make her really powerful, not to mention her spells heal her innately.

Ahri also has an innate heal and she has better sustained damage than Morgana, with a very strong CC that lasts less than Morgana's.

And for other roles, Kayle (yes, she's a woman) could work for you since she's on-demand ranged and has great damage plus big shutting down capabilities in her kit. She also has a heal but if you build her for damage it won't be too strong.

Finally, don't hesitate to play agressive support. It's netted me And my carry many kills as Sona because people understimate her damage. It even works sometimes if you get caught, because they think "no support would stand and fight, the enemy team must be nearby" and run off.
    Last edited by ZerOKami; 2012-08-18 at 09:17 PM.