1. #2141
    Bloodsail Admiral Speedy92286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Thank you! I was actually going to buy her, so I am glad I saved on the points.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

  2. #2142
    Okay so, I hit (once again) the 3.150 IP mark. I'm between the (new and revamped) Katarina and Gragas !

    So what's your suggestion MMO-C community? Which will be funnier and more high risk - high reward to play?

    I saw Alex-Ich playing gragas in the finals today against SK-gaming. He did more than well with him. But he is a top notch player. So for a i-dont-really-play-hardcore-ranked-games guys like me, which one should i try?

    I know i'm gonna get both at some time, but i'm currently also saving up for an AP rune page so...

    Opinions on any of the two? Their weaknesses / strengths?
    Last edited by Infernous; 2012-08-19 at 04:38 PM.

  3. #2143
    Over 9000! Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    9,266
    If you are going to buy AP champions, I'd suggest fixing the AP rune page first. It'll make things a lot more pleasant to play with them.

  4. #2144
    To be honest, I think Gragas brings a lot more to a game than Katarina. Of course, a good Katarina can quickly demolish any squishies, but Gragas and that ulti is just pure amazing for team fights.

  5. #2145
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    To be honest, I think Gragas brings a lot more to a game than Katarina. Of course, a good Katarina can quickly demolish any squishies, but Gragas and that ulti is just pure amazing for team fights.
    Have to disagree. Ive recently duo queued with my friend who played katarina and we dominated every teamfight because of her ulti (I would take champ like malphite, lulu or other champs who had aoe stuns/cc so they couldnt interrupt the ulti). We carried pretty much every game using that strategy.

    Reworked katarina is insane if you get fed.

  6. #2146
    Bloodsail Admiral Reluctant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    Have to disagree. Ive recently duo queued with my friend who played katarina and we dominated every teamfight because of her ulti (I would take champ like malphite, lulu or other champs who had aoe stuns/cc so they couldnt interrupt the ulti). We carried pretty much every game using that strategy.

    Reworked katarina is insane if you get fed.
    The problem with Kat is that she needs a certain team comp. Your team needs to be able to buy her the time to be effective ( like you do with malp ). Also if the enemy team is somewhat tankier or has plenty cc she isn't a treath.

    She can be very good but she can also fall off very easily.

    Gragas is safer and his ult is exelent for teamfights.
    .......................................................................................... ...................................................

    Wo do you guys would be the more fun pick? Nautilus or Trundle.

  7. #2147
    Epic! Waervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark/Netherlands/Finland
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    The problem with Kat is that she needs a certain team comp. Your team needs to be able to buy her the time to be effective ( like you do with malp ). Also if the enemy team is somewhat tankier or has plenty cc she isn't a treath.

    She can be very good but she can also fall off very easily.

    Gragas is safer and his ult is exelent for teamfights.
    .......................................................................................... ...................................................

    Wo do you guys would be the more fun pick? Nautilus or Trundle.
    I personally prefer Trundle for fun, but that's because I don't like Nautilus playstyle. Trundle's /laugh <3

  8. #2148
    Duo queue Katarina and Diana, and shred opponents.

  9. #2149
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Wo do you guys would be the more fun pick? Nautilus or Trundle.
    Naut, I don't know how anyone can stand playing Trundle.

  10. #2150
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Naut, I don't know how anyone can stand playing Trundle.
    Because they're not huge plebs.

  11. #2151
    Trundle is so meh. He´s not bad but I don´t really see any reason to pick him over other junglers. He has some glaring weaknesses and doesn´t quite have the impact other junglers have. Not to mention that he is ugly. Nautilius is way way better at jungling.

  12. #2152
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Because they're not huge plebs.
    LIKE YO MAMA HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE (jk)

    Trundle isn't that popular because he, well... He suffers from poor animations that kinda hinder his greatness. And he's more of a duelist-jungler, and these days you want a tanky/CC-heavy jungler, at least that's what I heard. Nautilus just screams tanky CC guy.

  13. #2153
    Legendary! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    6,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    LIKE YO MAMA HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE (jk)

    Trundle isn't that popular because he, well... He suffers from poor animations that kinda hinder his greatness. And he's more of a duelist-jungler, and these days you want a tanky/CC-heavy jungler, at least that's what I heard. Nautilus just screams tanky CC guy.
    There's also the issue that his sustain isn't as important, compared to in the past before the jungle revamp.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  14. #2154
    Fluffy Kitten Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Wo do you guys would be the more fun pick? Nautilus or Trundle.
    I love Trundle to death. Naut jungle is overrated IMO. His early levels are terrible and he needs to be babysat more than most tanky junglers. His late game and ganking is better than Trundle's though. A well played Naut will bring all the CC a team needs plus some.

    Now for Trundle. His clear is wicked good for a single target jungler, godly sustain, and anyone who duels him, including Darius and Olaf, will get their face nommed. He is incredibly powerful, but his animations hold him back so much that he doesn't get to use his power to it's full extent. He is best played as an invader who looks to pick fights with the other jungler.

    If you want fun, take Trundle. If your looking to reliably win games, still take Trundle because of Naut's terrible early game and most games don't make it far enough where Naut becomes a better pick than Trundle. If you want a tank though, Naut is the way to go since Trundle is an off-tank at best.

  15. #2155
    Bloodsail Admiral Speedy92286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    1,224
    After this week I am going to see if I really want Diana or not. After next week I should have enough IP for 6900 hero but the problem is which one. I am thinking Leona but Diana and the new girl coming out are both contenders.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

  16. #2156
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Naut jungle is overrated IMO. His early levels are terrible and he needs to be babysat more than most tanky junglers.
    Take this well into account. I just went Nautilus jungle earlier, and I was unfortunate enough to be caught in a pincer-attack that resulted in first blood for the other team. Being behind in levels and items as Nautilus is a really, REALLY TERRIBLE experience.

    At least Trundle has some power from early on.

  17. #2157
    Still kinda new, started 2 or so months ago, currently level 22. Finally decided that i wanna focus on casters so i started buying caster runes. So anyways, Ezreal is going on sale soon and i've been thinking of spending the money to buy him. I tried him before but that was when i was still new and completely failed at playing him, i'm more more aware of how skillshots work now so is it worth spending the cash to buy him? Im really trying to avoid spending real money in this game, but ezreal seems like a beastly ap champion. So far I only have annie and ryze as ap champions since they are 450, probably gonna spend the ip to get veigar, having a blast with him this rotation. I love annie but she definetly has her flaws and some variety would be nice. Also any other suggestions on what ap champions to maybe shoot for? After i finish up my ap champ runes, i can probably buy 2 3150 champions or 1 6300 ip champions to build more variety.

  18. #2158
    Fluffy Kitten Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by barkong View Post
    Still kinda new, started 2 or so months ago, currently level 22. Finally decided that i wanna focus on casters so i started buying caster runes. So anyways, Ezreal is going on sale soon and i've been thinking of spending the money to buy him. I tried him before but that was when i was still new and completely failed at playing him, i'm more more aware of how skillshots work now so is it worth spending the cash to buy him? Im really trying to avoid spending real money in this game, but ezreal seems like a beastly ap champion. So far I only have annie and ryze as ap champions since they are 450, probably gonna spend the ip to get veigar, having a blast with him this rotation. I love annie but she definetly has her flaws and some variety would be nice. Also any other suggestions on what ap champions to maybe shoot for? After i finish up my ap champ runes, i can probably buy 2 3150 champions or 1 6300 ip champions to build more variety.
    Ezreal is one of the most fun AP Carries in the game. However, he is bullied too easily in mid lane. His harass is good but costs a lot of mana and his farming is pretty bad. Better played as an AD Carry.

    If you want a good and viable AP carry, Zyra, Ahri, Veigar, and Karthus are all great AP champs.

  19. #2159
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Ezreal is one of the most fun AP Carries in the game. However, he is bullied too easily in mid lane. His harass is good but costs a lot of mana and his farming is pretty bad. Better played as an AD Carry.

    If you want a good and viable AP carry, Zyra, Ahri, Veigar, and Karthus are all great AP champs.
    I tried zyra this rotation and didnt really understand how that champion works, so i just failed hard, All the zyras i faced this week didnt know how to player her either, so i couldnt pick up any tricks with her which is how i usually learn champions when i see them in action. karthus is ok but i didnt do that amazing with him when he was the free champion, definetly buying veigar, hes a lot of fun but suffers from the same weaknesses like annie does so i'm looking for another option.
    Last edited by barkong; 2012-08-21 at 12:45 AM.

  20. #2160
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    some island
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by barkong View Post
    I tried zyra this rotation and didnt really understand how that champion works, so i just failed hard, All the zyras i faced this week didnt know how to player her either, so i couldnt pick up any tricks with her which is how i usually learn champions when i see them in action. karthus is ok but i didnt do that amazing with him when he was the free champion, definetly buying veigar, hes a lot of fun but suffers from the same weaknesses like annie does so i'm looking for another option.
    Give them more chances. Zyra and Karthus are two of the best AP's for a reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •