Quote Originally Posted by Siltah View Post
    From that list, Rammus is about the only one who can jungle, with the exception of Trundle...ish. I mainly play as Ahri, but she needs a different rune page. I love Ahri, though. Great escape, decent cc, a passive that gives spell vamp, aoe, and true damage. But yeah, Rammus if you need a jungler, Ahri if you don't.
    Trundle is a godly jungler. Hundred times better than Rammus. Rammus has been nerfed too many times to make the same impact and fear factor he did months ago. Rammus is still "okay", but Trundle is way better.

And if you want to play Rammus, buy Malphite and play him instead. Same role, but has a better clear, better ganks, and isn't as reliant on the whole team being AD.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-08-24 at 08:48 PM.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    If you want a top, go for Akali. She is one of the harder champs to play (imo) and has one of the hardest early games, but once you get your ultimate you are an unstoppable dunking machine. Her damage is absolutely insane, Good mobility from her ult, nice escape tool which can be used to juke people & slow enemies, OK-ish sustain from her passive, it's nothing amazing... But it's noticeable!
    Im just worried about the runes ( about Akali), read alot and it says you need a very specific rune page.Will calculate a bit but im leanning to Ahri much more and I need a strong mid a little bit more.
    Last edited by MrMayor; 2012-08-24 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMayor View Post
    Im just worried about the runes ( about Akali), read alot and it says you need a very specific rune page.Will calculate a bit but im leanning to Ahri much more and I need a strong mid a little bit more.
    Well, you'll need runes either way before using them in ranked. Akali uses her own page since she uses hybrid runes. I run AD reds, health/lvl yellows, AP/lvl blues, flat AP quints.

For Ahri I run MPren reds, mana regen/lvl yellows, AP/lvl blues, flat AP quints.

With Akali you get the bonus of being able to build and AD Carry page minus quints and half an AP page after you buy her runes. The only ones you will barely use on any other champ are the health/lvl, and those can be replaced by armor if you take her top lane.

Steam | Twitter

Rammus is still "okay"
    I see what you did there.

OT: Thinking about buying Rengar, is he a viable jungler/solo top?

Barely.

But Classick hinted at possible upcoming buffs.

So since all the people say that Draven has alot of weaknesses, should i get him for Kog'Maw for rankeds at 1200ish ELO?

So is it worth buying Leona before getting any runes? Still only level 12. I heard many different methods of using/saving your IP but I am curious to what you guys think. Or is there another tankish character that would be better to grab first?
    WoW: Fiska 90 Holy Paladin (Mal'ganis) Aliyra 90 Mistweaver Monk (Korgath)
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    So is it worth buying Leona before getting any runes? Still only level 12. I heard many different methods of using/saving your IP but I am curious to what you guys think. Or is there another tankish character that would be better to grab first?
    Buy any champions you grow to like while leveling. Currently all champions in lol are viable picks, you won't hit on something not worth it, so buy away and don't listen to people telling you to not touch champions and save up for runes. You'll have plenty of time for the latter and you don't need to restrict yourself to free rotation.
    Last edited by Caine; 2012-08-24 at 11:07 PM.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Buy any champions you grow to like while leveling. Currently all champions in lol are viable picks, you won't hit on something not worth it, so buy away and don't listen to people telling you to not touch champions and save up for runes. You'll have plenty of time for the latter and you don't need to restrict yourself to free rotation.
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I got about 6k without much effort so that is why I am debating whether or not to buy her. So far out of all the 6300 heroes she interests me the most. Galio and Ud got me into the AD/tanky style of playing and I love it the most so far.

No one ever said to not buy champions. It's just not worth it buying runes before level 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    No one ever said to not buy champions. It's just not worth it buying runes before level 20.
    Actually I've seen a lot of people telling everyone interested to not buy champions and level with free rotation ones since runes are fairly expensive. I can't link those posts here 'cause I can't be arsed to look over thousands of threads, but unless I was hallucinating there were plenty of them.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Actually I've seen a lot of people telling everyone interested to not buy champions and level with free rotation ones since runes are fairly expensive. I can't link those posts here 'cause I can't be arsed to look over thousands of threads, but unless I was hallucinating there were plenty of them.
    Thats because your IP generation goes down a ton after hitting lvl 10. Before lvl 10 you get an IP boost to help buy champs/runes at a later date.

Steam | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Thats because your IP generation goes down a ton after hitting lvl 10. Before lvl 10 you get an IP boost to help buy champs/runes at a later date.
    I know that, but I don't see how it relates to the question whether buying champions before completing rune pages is a good idea or not. The boost ain't going nowhere if you spend the IP on a champion instead of hoarding it and waiting for T3 runes.
    Last edited by Caine; 2012-08-25 at 01:18 AM.

Ah, that makes sense. I was wondering how I got to 4000 so easily. Now I am level 12 and only 6k. I heard that the Syndra patch is going to have a refund feature, so depending on when you can do the refund I might return Ren and buy Leona.

pantheon or Varus? I like them both but which one is more useful I understand pantheon would allow me to get another champion but I would end up saving for Varus anyway.

Varus isn't the most common of picks for AD carries, but can be devastating in a properly built team (Galio/Chogath/Cassiopeia/Amumu/Kennen/Varus/Sona/Morgana... AoE overload!)

Personally, I quite like his play. Corki, Graves, Ezreal and even Tristana tend to be more commonly seen though.

Pantheon is a champion I always keep on debating buying. And then in the end I buy something else anyway. Might just have to do it soon.

I know that, but I don't see how it relates to the question whether buying champions before completing rune pages is a good idea or not. The boost ain't going nowhere if you spend the IP on a champion instead of hoarding it and waiting for T3 runes.
    Runes cost a ton.
    Quints: 1.5k for GP10, 3k IP just for flat AD, AP, or ArmPen, 6k for MS or Lifesteal
    Reds, yellows, blues: ~1.8k for the cheapest, ~3.6k for the most common runes, ~7.2k for the most expensive ones. And you'll need three sets.

AD Page: ~8.4k IP
    AP Page: ~12k IP
    Jungler: ~10.2k - ~13.2k IP
    Support: ~6.9k IP

Now the only runes left before building for specific champions are ArmPen reds, which will run you another ~3.6k IP.

This is why you save up while you have that boost. These are just example figures, but say it took 3 days for you to get 3k IP when under lvl 10 and after lvl 10 it takes 3 weeks. Probably exaggerating a bit, but the point still stands.

Steam | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Runes cost a ton.
    Quints: 1.5k for GP10, 3k IP just for flat AD, AP, or ArmPen, 6k for MS or Lifesteal
    Reds, yellows, blues: ~1.8k for the cheapest, ~3.6k for the most common runes, ~7.2k for the most expensive ones. And you'll need three sets.

AD Page: ~8.4k IP
    AP Page: ~12k IP
    Jungler: ~10.2k - ~13.2k IP
    Support: ~6.9k IP

Now the only runes left before building for specific champions are ArmPen reds, which will run you another ~3.6k IP.

This is why you save up while you have that boost. These are just example figures, but say it took 3 days for you to get 3k IP when under lvl 10 and after lvl 10 it takes 3 weeks. Probably exaggerating a bit, but the point still stands.
    Yeah, but I still find it counterproductive to put time efficiency above enjoyment when it comes to gaming. The extra time spent earning the IP spent on a fun champion is a non-issue if it's time spent in an enjoyable way.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Varus isn't the most common of picks for AD carries, but can be devastating in a properly built team (Galio/Chogath/Cassiopeia/Amumu/Kennen/Varus/Sona/Morgana... AoE overload!)

Personally, I quite like his play. Corki, Graves, Ezreal and even Tristana tend to be more commonly seen though.

Pantheon is a champion I always keep on debating buying. And then in the end I buy something else anyway. Might just have to do it soon.
    Thanks I think I will buy a cheaper more common carry and Pantheon, then save up for Varus just because I like playing many champions.

So i'm a brand new LoL player, been playing as master yi and enjoying it, have just gotten to 1350 points for the first time.... but now theres a ton of 1350 champions that look sweet. I tend to prefer high damage melee bruiser types, and the 1350 range seems to include a lot of these so.... should i buy Chogath, Jax, Tryndamere, Garen, or Warwick, I know thats a long list but i really have no idea about any of them so any suggestions other than those listed in the 1350 range will be heeded as well.

thanks!