Page 11 of 262 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
61
111
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Mechagnome Kilidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Faderade View Post
    evelynn vs shaco?
    i want a stealth champ, i have wukong but stealth is mostly for running away. i know you can trick em and backdoor but you gotta be quick about it.
    Don't ever buy Evelynn, she is arguably the worst champion in the game at the moment, except on dominion, she does decently there. I'd go for Shaco

    Edit : @Sam, uhm, Fiddles can solo dragon at level 2 with the right runes, masteries and with the blue buff.

  2. #202
    Which team would let anyone get dragon at 2 or 4 though.

    Shaco is qutie nice, though for some reason I am beyond bad with him. I can't gank with him, I don't do any damage, I suck at the stealth thing. But he has such a cool voice (bit like Mark Hamill's Joker voice from Batman).

  3. #203
    Mechagnome Kilidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    701
    I know ^^ I'm just saying, that he can.

  4. #204
    Shaco can also dragon at level 2. Just saw it happen. And people let it happen, because they don't expect it that early, simple as that really.

  5. #205
    Mechagnome Kilidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    701
    Shaco tends to gank early though, so supports should ward at around 2-3 min anyways. Especially knowing he can solo dragon that early o.O

  6. #206
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Shaco can also dragon at level 2. Just saw it happen. And people let it happen, because they don't expect it that early, simple as that really.
    We've been doing Dragon at lv1 with Shaco. No buff, no nothing, just box it the heck up and get Dragon right off the bat.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    Shaco tends to gank early though, so supports should ward at around 2-3 min anyways. Especially knowing he can solo dragon that early o.O
    Tbh if the enemy team has a Shaco and I am a support I just buy 5 wards and 2 pots in the beginning.

  8. #208
    Herald of the Titans sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    2,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    Don't ever buy Evelynn, she is arguably the worst champion in the game at the moment, except on dominion, she does decently there. I'd go for Shaco

    Edit : @Sam, uhm, Fiddles can solo dragon at level 2 with the right runes, masteries and with the blue buff.
    !
    How pls ? (for fiddle)
    @shaco solo : I know his boxes are pain but didn't think they are THAT pain! Dragon just got trolled by shaco boxes
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  9. #209
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    !
    How pls ? (for fiddle)
    @shaco solo : I know his boxes are pain but didn't think they are THAT pain! Dragon just got trolled by shaco boxes
    Read what he said :P

    With the right runes, masteries and blue buff it can be done. Problaly need a "special" build with some pots, I dunno though haven't tried it with fiddlez.

  10. #210
    Should I buy Swain/Xerath or malzahar? ive played Malzahar and xerath before but cant decide between them, never played Swain though.. anyone who play these champs alot and can say who I should buy first?

  11. #211
    You'll be able to try Malz this weekend; though honestly, Xerath will likely being the one seeing the most tournament action in the near future. He has a bit of a learning curve, but very high reward for mastering that curve. Swain, on the other hand, is countered by ignite, which almost any other ap mid is going to have.

    Also lol @ this whole "I can do dragon at level x" e-peen contest.
    Last edited by Synaptic; 2011-11-01 at 05:15 AM.

  12. #212
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post

    Also lol @ this whole "I can do dragon at level x" e-peen contest.
    E-peen contest? What the fuck are you talking about son? How is letting people know when surden champions are able to take down the drake an e-peen contest? Basically, everyone can do it? We all have the same options with masteries, runes, builds and skillset, do we not? So what's the problem?

  13. #213
    Mechagnome Kilidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    701
    @Khusan, Well, I personally, dislike Malzahar due to the simple fact that he gets countered by 1 single item. Great pubstomper though.
    Swain can do some sick damage, but he is countered by ignite due to the fact that it cuts the spell vamping of his ult, great champion overall though.
    Xerath is simply a high range artillery like nuker, he tends to not do as much damage as other mages cause his scaling are pretty low, but his cooldowns are decent and he has his extreme range to make up for it. (and his stupid passive is being remade, yus)

    @Synaptic *facepalm*

  14. #214
    Herald of the Titans sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    2,792
    Xerath scale is very bad, he is one of champions who look "great" on paper than actual, if he doesn't get fed early game he will suck late game, he is just "a poker from insane range", Malzahar is great pusher, has silence, great ulti (except if you eat oranges), his W is very good in team fights, and early game his passive give him a free pet to be more aggressive, his only drawback is he is very squishy, with no stun, he really need Rylai to slow chasers or he is screwed
    Swain I never played him, so can't judge him good but he isn't bad hero imo
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    E-peen contest? What the fuck are you talking about son? How is letting people know when surden champions are able to take down the drake an e-peen contest? Basically, everyone can do it? We all have the same options with masteries, runes, builds and skillset, do we not? So what's the problem?
    It is an e-peen contest because lvl 2 dragon with fiddle doesn't exactly give you an advantage over his normal path. Rushing to 6, ganking bot/mid and then taking dragon with your team is the right way to do it. To rush a lvl 2 dragon you have to change around your runes, you have to dedicate valuable time which can go to waste with a single misplaced cv. A jungler is there to assist his lanes. If your bot is failing and you can gank, you dont do dragon, you help bot. If bot is winning and you can gank, you dont do dragon, you go get kills and only then do you secure dragon. So yes, e-peen contest.

    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Xerath scale is very bad, he is one of champions who look "great" on paper than actual, if he doesn't get fed early game he will suck late game, he is just "a poker from insane range", Malzahar is great pusher, has silence, great ulti (except if you eat oranges), his W is very good in team fights, and early game his passive give him a free pet to be more aggressive, his only drawback is he is very squishy, with no stun, he really need Rylai to slow chasers or he is screwed
    Swain I never played him, so can't judge him good but he isn't bad hero imo
    No such thing as "scale very bad". If you go by that logic, everything fades in comparison to AD carry scaling. It just doesnt work that way. Xerath has a speed burst, very good poke, a good stun and lots of damage. I could list many things wrong with malzahar, but he makes up for them with his pro's. That's how a well-round character works.
    Last edited by Thigrai; 2011-11-01 at 07:27 AM.
    Signature by Tacy :]

  16. #216
    The only champs I've got any good experience and skill with are Teemo (as AP) and Leona...I own Caitlyn, Master Yi, Tristana, Alistar, and Kayle, but haven't much/any experience with them (I got Kayle through the S1 skin reward). I need someone in a different role to learn and use, but I honestly have no idea where to branch out (or even try as far as what I already have). Yi was fun for a little bit, but all I felt comfortable doing was backdooring and running away...I'm mediocre at best.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

  17. #217
    Mechagnome Kilidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    The only champs I've got any good experience and skill with are Teemo (as AP) and Leona...I own Caitlyn, Master Yi, Tristana, Alistar, and Kayle, but haven't much/any experience with them (I got Kayle through the S1 skin reward). I need someone in a different role to learn and use, but I honestly have no idea where to branch out (or even try as far as what I already have). Yi was fun for a little bit, but all I felt comfortable doing was backdooring and running away...I'm mediocre at best.
    AP Teemo and Leona don't really have a place anywhere at the moment, AP teemo dies in 0.1 seconds and his shrooms are just countered with oracles.
    Leona doesn't really have anywhere to go, she can't jungle very well, and she tends to get eaten alive at solo top. she could babysit the ad carry bot I suppose, but meh. I'd say just try as much champions that are on free rotation i'd say. and see which you like

  18. #218
    yes, because we all know teemo never hides shrooms in brush. ever.

    I'm sorry but a map laced with high damage shrooms in every brush is going to either win your jungle control or start teamfights at 100% vs 50%.

  19. #219
    Herald of the Titans sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    2,792
    They can avoid bushes... I played a game with AP shaco, the enemy team entered bushes only once in game (except tank, who of course can take shaco and boxes combined, was amumu)
    Oracle does end Teemo AP threat, he can't put all shrooms in same spot like boxes
    Getting dragon is 190g for all time, more gold than killing all enemy heroes combined, at lvl 2 190g IS big difference, however I still don't know yet how tbh (I'll look tomorrow), and if it needs much change from the "regular" jungling route then it isn't worth it tbh, better jungle and take dragon at lvl 8 than get dragon lvl 2 and do terrible ganks / slow jungling
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Getting dragon is 190g for all time, more gold than killing all enemy heroes combined, at lvl 2 190g IS big difference, however I still don't know yet how tbh (I'll look tomorrow), and if it needs much change from the "regular" jungling route then it isn't worth it tbh, better jungle and take dragon at lvl 8 than get dragon lvl 2 and do terrible ganks / slow jungling
    Dragon is 190 gold to everybody. Killing the entire enemy team is 300g each(not counting first blood or bounties). 950 gold for the team means that it takes only 3 champion kills to come out ahead on Dragon. Baron awards 300g to each player, putting it on the same level of team-gold(not counting bounty) as a complete Ace. Considering the high risk and low gain*, a level 1 or 2 dragon is really only good for bragging about how you did it at such a low level, thus referencing back to my e-peen comment.

    *Yes. Low gain. As was explained above, doing a level 1/2 Dragon means you are sacrificing your ability to make plays from the jungle, which is one of the strong points of having a jungler. You also open your entire jungle up to be easily invaded, which could quickly snowball against you faster than that early dragon would snowball for you. It is far safer and more beneficial in the long run to clear jungle, provide ganks for lanes, and then take dragon when the risk/reward isn't so offbalanced.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •