1. #221
    Brewmaster Poppasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,311
    Okay, so after I got a little bored of having 10k IP, i'm thinking about buying an another AP caster. The ones i've chosen between are Brand and Malzhahar.

  2. #222
    Pit Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    2,443
    Brand is more danger, his ulti cause havoc in team fights, malz W is great but require them to stand still, and his ulti doesn't eat oranges, both clear minions, but I'd put Brand better than Malz in term of team helping (Malz silence isn't instant)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Okay, so after I got a little bored of having 10k IP, i'm thinking about buying an another AP caster. The ones i've chosen between are Brand and Malzhahar.
    Brand is hands down one of the best casters in the game. You could go as far to say him and Cass are the top two. His damage output is incredible as long as you are able to place your skillshots properly, and use your ulti at the right time.

  4. #224
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,160
    Malz is free this week. Give him a go and see how you like him.

  5. #225
    looking for some suggestions for the best melee bruiser style character... i currently have sion, jax, alistair, olaf and nocturne (although i wouldn't class him as a bruiser, he tends to die incredibly fast, for me anyway). there are a lot that look interesting but i'm looking for the best as i won't be able to afford any of them for a while.

    i guess my choices are lee sin, pantheon, renekton, udyr and xin zhao. basically looking for a melee character with awesome damage (primarily physical) and good survivability when built with a couple of defensive items. i haven't played any of the ones that i can buy yet, which is why i need some feedback. i primarily play dominion but it'd be nice if they were fairly decent in SR as well as it's nice to play that sometimes.

  6. #226
    Pit Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    2,443
    You got olaf already, he is one of heroes that scale well with hp as far I know? Renekton is also tanky, Panth/xin zhao are surely NOT tanky (in compare to leesin/renekton/udyr)
    I'd pick Udyr myself, I like his play style, dominion I think Lee Sin is best of them?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    looking for some suggestions for the best melee bruiser style character... i currently have sion, jax, alistair, olaf and nocturne (although i wouldn't class him as a bruiser, he tends to die incredibly fast, for me anyway). there are a lot that look interesting but i'm looking for the best as i won't be able to afford any of them for a while.

    i guess my choices are lee sin, pantheon, renekton, udyr and xin zhao. basically looking for a melee character with awesome damage (primarily physical) and good survivability when built with a couple of defensive items. i haven't played any of the ones that i can buy yet, which is why i need some feedback. i primarily play dominion but it'd be nice if they were fairly decent in SR as well as it's nice to play that sometimes.
    Renekton seems to best suit your description. He can stun, dash, dish out a great amount of damage, take damage & most of all his ulti is the perfect shocktrooper skill. I absolutely love him. I usually play SR where he is best suited for if you ask me but I tried Dominion with him and he did surprisingly well.

    Great survivability & plenty of damage.

    EDIT: Didn't notice you also put Lee Sin in the list, he is also a great pick. Both Renekton and Lee Sin have a very dynamic way of play style so either one should be a very rewarding pick. My vote would go to Lee Sin though as Renekton is very hard to successfully play to it's fullest potential when you play with randoms. If you have friends to play with, go with Renekton I'd say.
    Last edited by Still Rampant Rabbit; 2011-11-01 at 06:16 PM.

  8. #228
    Lee Sin is also very difficult to play to his fullest potential. Don't be mistaken by people that will claim "oh I have lee sin super op i pubstomp all the time"; when you go against people that are aware of and know how to handle Lee's kit, then you really have to start making very intuitive use of wards and quick decision making to move yourself around to gain the best positioning.

  9. #229
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, malz is so fun much!

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post
    Lee Sin is also very difficult to play to his fullest potential. Don't be mistaken by people that will claim "oh I have lee sin super op i pubstomp all the time"; when you go against people that are aware of and know how to handle Lee's kit, then you really have to start making very intuitive use of wards and quick decision making to move yourself around to gain the best positioning.
    I suppose that's true. I'd still say that solo queueing with Renekton is more punishing than with Lee Sin though.

  11. #231
    Fucking lol'd at "Getting dragon at level 2 is worthless"

    That is perhaps the single handed, most dumbest thing I have read on this board. Congratulations. On a 6 minute respawn timer, you will have dragon back up by the time you're 7-8. Pro tip: if you're going to sit in the jungle and farm, you're doing it wrong. Shaco did it yesterday at blue and boxes. We dominated the game. Coincidence? We had dragon control from the spawn, we had dragon timer, we had it all. We had the gold = we had better items = we were put further ahead.

    I wish people would think logically sometimes.

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 07:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post
    *Yes. Low gain. As was explained above, doing a level 1/2 Dragon means you are sacrificing your ability to make plays from the jungle, which is one of the strong points of having a jungler. You also open your entire jungle up to be easily invaded, which could quickly snowball against you faster than that early dragon would snowball for you. It is far safer and more beneficial in the long run to clear jungle, provide ganks for lanes, and then take dragon when the risk/reward isn't so offbalanced.
    This right here. My god. Do you know why people do early dragons? It's because it's not warded. Why ward dragon at 3 minutes? Why would you even have a ward down versus a Fiddle/Shaco, unless Shaco starts at red. Shaco also ganks middle/top with red. There is no reason other than being OVERLY cautious to have a ward down that early.

    Shaco and Fiddle also do it safely. You say they're at risk? They're at risk of nothing. Shaco did it yesterday and came away with half health. Fiddle does it at 3 and comes away with 50% as well as a flash if necessary. It's the equivalent experience of 3 champion kills for you, and the equivalent of 3 kills for your whole team. Also, competent middle makes sure your jungle doesn't get invaded. The time it takes would allow the enemy jungler to take 2 of your camps. Why wouldn't you counter jungle from dragon if you know he is?

    Don't give wrong information to people. Just because you don't think it's worth it, doesn't mean it is. It's been done in competitive play, when the time was right. That's the main distinction.
    Last edited by CM Punk; 2011-11-01 at 07:05 PM.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Don't give wrong information to people. Just because you don't think it's worth it, doesn't mean it is. It's been done in competitive play, when the time was right. That's the main distinction.
    Hi I don't agree with you let me call you dumb and complain about your lack of logic, then say your opinion is wrong because I believe in this opinion.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post
    Hi I don't agree with you let me call you dumb and complain about your lack of logic, then say your opinion is wrong because I believe in this opinion.
    Ask anyone with the slightest bit of integrity if early dragons are worth it.

    Now wonder why you're in elo hell.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Ask anyone with the slightest bit of integrity if early dragons are worth it.

    Now wonder why you're in elo hell.
    Hi I have no real response to what you said, let me tell you to go ask somebody something, then assume you have bad elo because you don't agree with me. Meanwhile, I will still show you no respect, because afterall, you must be dumb, you don't agree with me!

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post
    Hi I have no real response to what you said, let me tell you to go ask somebody something, then assume you have bad elo because you don't agree with me. Meanwhile, I will still show you no respect, because afterall, you must be dumb, you don't agree with me!
    Says the guy that can't respond to any of the points I made. Why should I show you respect, when you give wrong information

    I also say you are LOW elo, not bad, because you're clueless on game mechanics.

    But keep answering as if you're being smart, while I sit here and laugh at the clueless <900 trying to give advice to make people as bad as him!

  16. #236
    Way to derail the thread..

  17. #237
    Stood in the Fire Holymorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    469
    Sup guys.

    So I have been playing LoL for a while (my summoner is at level 15) and I'm pretty happy with my champions (I mostly play as Poppy, Blitzcrank or Urgot) but I feel it would be could to try out something with a shitload of HP (and of course useful for the team) like a tank or something.

    Could you recommend me some champion able to get a lot of hp in lategame? I have done some research but I'm not too sure which choose.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Sup guys.

    So I have been playing LoL for a while (my summoner is at level 15) and I'm pretty happy with my champions (I mostly play as Poppy, Blitzcrank or Urgot) but I feel it would be could to try out something with a shitload of HP (and of course useful for the team) like a tank or something.

    Could you recommend me some champion able to get a lot of hp in lategame? I have done some research but I'm not too sure which choose.
    Any champ that uses the Metagolem build(Mercs, Atmogs, Mallet, Triforce, FoN) will get a large amount of health, which means champs like Nocturne, Gangplank, Irelia and the sorts can all be very tanky while still doing respectable damage. I'd suggest looking into Udyr, as it'll give you a bit of versatility in building him tanky, dps, or what have you.'

    *to be a little more specific, Metagolem is Mercury Treads, Warmog's Armor, Atma's Impaler, Trinity Force, Frozen Mallet, Force of Nature.

  19. #239
    Pit Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    2,443
    Do you want a tank or a hero with lot of hp? Sion can has lot of hp but he isn't tank (he is tanky ie : can take dmg but he isn't a tank like Rammus for example who taunt)
    Amumu is very good tank, he can easily make or brake games with his ulti (watched a tournament where his ulti literally turned the game tides, immobalized enemy team and they took every ulti in game that way)
    Moakai is also good tank, his ulti (reduce dmg 20% on a large area) has short cd, his Q (stun melee range) has very short cd and low mana, his W is nice to make it hard to escape him, and he is big hero
    Maphite has a spell that actually scale with your armor, a great tanking passive, and a great ulti, while he has no taunt, as long he is alive he reduce enemy attack speed 50%, which is very annoying for AD
    Only hero who use hp I can think of is Vlad, every health he gains turn to AP, but he is surely not tank
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Sup guys.

    So I have been playing LoL for a while (my summoner is at level 15) and I'm pretty happy with my champions (I mostly play as Poppy, Blitzcrank or Urgot) but I feel it would be could to try out something with a shitload of HP (and of course useful for the team) like a tank or something.

    Could you recommend me some champion able to get a lot of hp in lategame? I have done some research but I'm not too sure which choose.
    My vote goes to Cho'Gath. I love playing as him. He can be really annoying and if you get good with his Q then you can really be a helpful asset to your team. And also, if you get 6 stacks of Feast then you have a ton of health AND you are a huge, lumbering beast of destruction. And who doesn't love that?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •