He can jungle. It's not the best jungle, but he can certainly do it.

I don't recommend him bottom as his attack range is rather short, but if you were going for more of a kill lane I guess you could do it. He is certainly better top. I've seen him mid before too. So moral of the story, jayce goes where he pleases. Though he is best suited to the top lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    ... but if you were going for more of a kill lane I guess you could do it.
    Jayce + Panth/Leona/J4 for teh fannzies

I picked up Orianna yesterday. After seeing her perform at the tournament (and banned for a majority of it), I've finally decided to go for her. I've had a mental picture in my mind for ages and I was sort of on the fence, I just didn't want to buy her without a free try, but in the tournament, what a performance.

I'm not a bad player, but I'm not very good with assassins and junglers, so my focus mainly lies on Support (Leona) and AP Carry(Annie), who both have excellent burst damage and control. Some might argue that Leona is a support, should not deal damage and doesn't deal all that much damage, but she actually has the best early/mid game burst damage, excluding only some more damage focussed champions, who do not have the included CC (incapacitating effect + stunx2).

After level 3, I tend to go ultra aggressive and if I have a good lane partner, we will utterly destroy anything that takes even the least bit of risk. I also love to gank on Leona if our lane is on farm. Annie is about stun management more than Leona, but both characters fall in a category Burst Damage and Control.

To me, Orianna fits in that spot perfectly. She has some Crowd Control that especially rules in teamfights, dealing massive burst damage on top of that, with some ultra low cooldowns and she can farm pretty well. Long story short. I played two matches yesterday, one against NPC's to get a feel and a second against an overpowering premade that made us surrender at 25mins and I got out with 1/1/1. I'm not sure whether that was good or bad in light of the x/10/x and x/9/x's that all my party members had, but I'm in love

Edit: And I agree with the consensus that the skill level required for Orianna is more a question of when, than when and how, which Anivia definitely requires. Both can make or break a teamfight though.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-10-08 at 11:30 AM.

Alright, so i recently got my girlfriend into league of legends(woo!) and she enjoys tanky mage champs such as amumu. Can anyone suggest anything similar? I'm partially thinking maokai/galio. Gotta love the ults that turn a team fight around!

Edit: Thanks for the suggestions!
    Last edited by Omnoms; 2012-10-10 at 12:45 PM.
    Casual, with a capital''C''.
    Pokemon FC: 1993-8365-9328
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Rumble's a strong pick of that kind, so is Vlad if you build him tanky.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Both Maokai and Galio would be good choices. Maokai fills pretty much the same role as well. For AP Mid, consider Swain as well.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-10-09 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Alright, so i recently got my girlfriend into league of legends(woo!) and she enjoys tanky mage champs such as amumu. Can anyone suggest anything similar? I'm partially thinking maokai/galio. Gotta love the ults that turn a team fight around!
    Rumble and vlad can both get tanky. Though you can also build them both class cannon (don't really recommend it on rumble). Swain, Maoki, Malphite, Nautalis (to an extent, I find he's best built full tank), Cho'gath and some others.

I'll edit it if I think of any other picks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMayor View Post
    Quick question how good is Jayce apart from solo top, can he jungle (is he viable) and can he replace an ad carry ?
    Yes, but it's no where near viable. I've played him in in all three spots in normal games. Jungle is really fun but you have no health sustain. ADC is also fun, but his full combo requires him to be in melee range and he already has the shortest range of any ADC.

I did play one ranked game as ADC Jayce and destroyed, but that was mostly because I had a fantastic support and the enemy Ezreal was horrible.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

just reached lvl 30 and just thought: wtf are people bad in ranked games. and even if you win your lane, the two others just get 0/xx and you simply lose.

i know that there is no real champ who can carry everything but there are champs that are better and some are worser for carrying a game.

does anyone made his way out of elo hell with 1-2 chars he could recommend? (next weekend will be 48 hours double ip) and we are already planing on doing 5men premade rushes for ip, so i want to buy 1-2 champs to leave elo hell (it isnt that i am bad, but soooo many noobs )
    [some champs i already got: gragas, morgana, veigar, morde, shyvana, corki, kogmaw, blitz, soraka, taeric, kayle, sion, cho]

Quote Originally Posted by Balleny View Post
    just reached lvl 30 and just thought: wtf are people bad in ranked games. and even if you win your lane, the two others just get 0/xx and you simply lose.

i know that there is no real champ who can carry everything but there are champs that are better and some are worser for carrying a game.

does anyone made his way out of elo hell with 1-2 chars he could recommend? (next weekend will be 48 hours double ip) and we are already planing on doing 5men premade rushes for ip, so i want to buy 1-2 champs to leave elo hell (it isnt that i am bad, but soooo many noobs )
    [some champs i already got: gragas, morgana, veigar, morde, shyvana, corki, kogmaw, blitz, soraka, taeric, kayle, sion, cho]
    Elo hell doesn't exist is what everyone above 1500 or so will tell.

If you just reached 30... what the hell are you doing in Ranked in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    If you just reached 30... what the hell are you doing in Ranked in the first place?
    why shouldnt i play ranked? got full runes, masterys set up and enough exp.

Because you most likely don't have enough experience to always win your lane. When I hit level 30 I know I wasn't good enough to win my lane every time, I have only just started to really do ranked again and I am at 900 normal wins. If you are wanting to gain ELO then I would wait a while before playing. If you are just doing it for fun/something to do then go for it.
    Last edited by quosk1867; 2012-10-11 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    Because you most likely don't have enough experience to always win your lane. When I hit level 30 I know I wasn't good enough to win my lane every time, I have only just started to really do ranked again and I am at 900 normal wins. If you are wanting to gain ELO then I would wait a while before playing. If you are just doing it for fun/something to do then go for it.
    I mean I donno about you but the people I played against when I started with ranked were about as good as I was when I was level 15.

imo the amount of wins you have has nothing to do with how good you are. I would say do ranked once you are comfortable playing every role. You'll end up where you're supposed to be eventually.

You should have at least 2 champs you are comfortable with for each role and 3 full rune pages that cover 3 roles and sorta cover the other 2. And masteries for each one or atleast you should be able to find and make them at champ select if you somehow filled up all 20 pages.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    Isn't it true that you only get better at what you do, when playing against even better players? I can't claim to know how to counter everything at my current level, so I won't, but I always envisioned Ranked as a place with a punitive learning curve, not a place to go to "when you are ready padawan". I think losing your lane and failing certain parts of the game eventually make you a better player, although I don't doubt that this only counts for a minority of the players.

If you are capable of selfreflecting after a match and you decide that you didn't play well, you analyze the result and what went wrong, so you learn to adapt for the next match.

"Just dinged 30 and went to ranked"
    Really? Do I need to explain what is wrong with that?
    1) You have too few champs in every role (or you spent too much cash, which I doubt), simple example you have Brand/Cass mid, you take mid role, enemy take Galio mid... you are screwed (need Talon for mid to counter Galio etc)
    2) You don't have all runes that's for sure, there are heroes who prefer pure AP runes for early domination (like LeBlanc) and heroes who work better late game runes (like Veigar, will be stupid to buy pure AP runes while he is better late game), how much rune pages you got to start with?
    3) Even if you had both, you don't know all enemies yet, you don't know a lot of tactics enemy can use, or builds, or simply you didn't play enough to learn to 'read' enemy champion movement, there is always someone who goes aggressive from start and other who like to stay way far and suddenly assassin you, both can happen with same champion
    4) You don't know how much hero selection at start make different, simple example if you pick Kassadin while your team's support is Taric is a big no, you know have 4 melee champs, you make enemy team have much easier life to spam aoe spells, a balanced team usually 3melee 2ranged (any role) or 2tanky melee 3ranged, I played games were 4 ranged and the only melee I'm forced to play a pure tank role and yet I don't survive usually because 1 melee is a mistake
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    1) You have too few champs in every role (or you spent too much cash, which I doubt), simple example you have Brand/Cass mid, you take mid role, enemy take Galio mid... you are screwed (need Talon for mid to counter Galio etc)
    I really don't understand the basis of this. "Don't play because you'll get counterpicked."
    So what?

2) You don't have all runes that's for sure, there are heroes who prefer pure AP runes for early domination (like LeBlanc) and heroes who work better late game runes (like Veigar, will be stupid to buy pure AP runes while he is better late game), how much rune pages you got to start with?
    Unless you're jungling (and even that, loljunglenerf), the only runes which are clearly noticeable would be MP5. I mean if you're going to stomp someone, you're gonna stomp them hard because you're good at the game...right?

3) Even if you had both, you don't know all enemies yet, you don't know a lot of tactics enemy can use, or builds, or simply you didn't play enough to learn to 'read' enemy champion movement, there is always someone who goes aggressive from start and other who like to stay way far and suddenly assassin you, both can happen with same champion
    Okay, so he's inexperienced... so are seemingly 90% of the people I play with/against in ranked. He'll be fine.
    4) You don't know how much hero selection at start make different, simple example if you pick Kassadin while your team's support is Taric is a big no, you know have 4 melee champs, you make enemy team have much easier life to spam aoe spells, a balanced team usually 3melee 2ranged (any role) or 2tanky melee 3ranged, I played games were 4 ranged and the only melee I'm forced to play a pure tank role and yet I don't survive usually because 1 melee is a mistake
    I donno about you but I can't think of many times when this would matter if you're just starting out.

TLDR; Chill the hell out, I'd infer that people in ranked are more awful than he is simply on the basis that he actually speaks seemingly coherent English.

It is something mainly morals, some people ninja loot items in wow in LFG since it has no punish, I never did that any day
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall