1. #2541
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tsundere Lover View Post
    Geez so many options =S. I seek more of a bruiser or assasin jungler because I lack most tanks but otherwise own most of those you ppl recommended except for Rengar and Jax. So from bruisers which jungler would be good, I sadly miss skarner although he is one I am going to buy soon™.
    Screw all other junglers and buy Skarner. So much fun. My favorite jungler. 2 GP 10 and wit's end, plus a sheen if I'm ahead, and your nigh unkillable. You also kill anything and everything that gets in range unless they have like 3 escapes.

    If you must have more of a fighter though, Darius, Jax, and Lee Sin are all awesome. Olaf is good but he negatively snowballs HARD, so you have to have a good game on him and not lose first blue. Shyvana is another fantastic choice and probably who I would recommend the most. Very tanky with her ult and just deals punishing amounts of damage. Fastest safe clear as well (Mundo is faster but not as safe).

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  2. #2542
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Because you don't have multiple rune setups, nor are you likely to have enough champions to counter-pick or avoid being counter-picked, or to avoid the champions you're "good" with being banned. I may be wrong, admittedly - I avoid ranked games myself simply because I don't feel comfortable going in without having at least two "good" champs in every role. And right now I really only manage ADC and support with that. What happens if I'm forced, because of picking last, to be the jungle? The role I'm currently least comfortable/experienced at?

    Sure, I could just deal with it - man up, lose some games, get outplayed. But I'd rather not be put into that kind of situation. Don't want to contribute to the group of unskilled players in ranked games that people like to bitch about.
    think i got enough champs for everything except adc: top: morde, sion, (poppy), cho, (kayle) -- mid: morg, (morde), veigar, (cho), ryze, gragas -- support: blitz, taeric, soraka, nunu, alistar -- jungle: shyvana, sion, nunu, alistar, only adc lacking with corki, kog and sivir, but there are always people want to play adc.

    for example last game, as corki with a taeric support always staying behind me and if stunning, he stunned soraka (attacked soraka but ignored varus), on top of that a ww jungle feeding by "counterjungling" 10 times he visit enemy jungle, died 10 times to it (13 deaths to him @ overall, and zero ganks bot). so pls dont tell me that i am not experienced enough for this low ranked elo where you lose 90% the games cause of a retard (or a retard bot premade).

    b2t topic:
    sona, pantheon, olaf, mundo or orianna - and cath or mf - which would you recomment to fill my setup (i wrote it on top if you started reading from behind)

  3. #2543
    Legendary! Falco Lombardi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lylat Star System
    Posts
    6,596
    If anyone is in the low ELO section in ranked... Do yourself a favor and try to avoid buying tanky junglers over carry ones. Carry junglers will help you out more at lower ELO's. From my experience of being down there, you want junglers like Shaco, Lee Sin, Jax (I still find Jax amazing regardless), etc. Teams can't coordinate as well lower down there from my findings and a tanky jungler really just doesn't cut it. Yes they are for the most part usually better but it's the pubstomp theory. Just pick your gank happy junglers.
    I'll take the sky any day.

  4. #2544
    Bloodsail Admiral Waervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark/Netherlands/Finland
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Hardly. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but team composition doesn't matter at all until 1800+ ELO. It really comes down to positioning and map control, not team comp.
    Except when it's an AOE comp...AOE kills pubs.

  5. #2545
    I'm wondering how is the item overhaul going to affect support role. In dominion Lulu is currently broken OP, but in SR, it seems she struggles in mid 40's in win percentage.
    I like playing her, but wondering if I should get her on second account (want to be on more regions :d)

  6. #2546
    Pandaren Monk sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    1,937
    I don't recommend Lee Sin to new people, he isn't a recommended champion for sure

  7. #2547
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Balleny View Post
    for example last game, as corki with a taeric support always staying behind me and if stunning, he stunned soraka (attacked soraka but ignored varus), on top of that a ww jungle feeding by "counterjungling" 10 times he visit enemy jungle, died 10 times to it (13 deaths to him @ overall, and zero ganks bot). so pls dont tell me that i am not experienced enough for this low ranked elo where you lose 90% the games cause of a retard (or a retard bot premade).
    And next game you win because that idiot is on the other team. Except then you don't notice and think you carried so hard. Huzzah for human bias.

    This anecdotal evidence is exactly -why- you are in low Elo. You place the blame elsewhere, instead of looking what you can improve upon. Does that mean you could've carried the game? Maybe not. You won't win them all. As long as you win more than you lose, you go up. Even so, if Warwick kept giving up kills, you could've hunted down the jungler, maybe helped out with a ward or two. If you really were as awesome as you said, you'd be up 5-6 kills and finish your TF by the 15minute mark.

    //edit: This red thread might be of relevance
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-10-13 at 09:36 AM.

  8. #2548
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    If anyone is in the low ELO section in ranked... Do yourself a favor and try to avoid buying tanky junglers over carry ones. Carry junglers will help you out more at lower ELO's. From my experience of being down there, you want junglers like Shaco, Lee Sin, Jax (I still find Jax amazing regardless), etc. Teams can't coordinate as well lower down there from my findings and a tanky jungler really just doesn't cut it. Yes they are for the most part usually better but it's the pubstomp theory. Just pick your gank happy junglers.
    Also known as Pantheon Jungle really.

  9. #2549
    what do you think about dr. Mundo?

  10. #2550
    If you saw S2 WC finals, you would have no doubts he is still great.

    Mundo is 1350 for quite good thing, if being the big resilient dude is for you. There is a thing that you slow has to be hit, but it's very fast, so it shouldn't be any big problem.

  11. #2551
    Pandaren Monk sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    1,937
    Mundo is one of hardest champions to die, however he has no hard cc (just slow) and can be ignored very easily in team fights and kill his teammates and save him last, however he is very tough that he can clear up at end

  12. #2552
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by IgorDUDE View Post
    what do you think about dr. Mundo?
    Mundo is pretty awesome. His early jungle is really really fast, but he takes a lot of damage. After he gets out of the early game he just breezes through the jungle. His ganks are strong if you land a cleaver. Otherwise they don't really do that much. If you have red buff and a cleaver, they are going to have to flash probably.

    He becomes very tanky mid to late game since you don't have to build damage on him. And his ult regens a lot of health. Ignite is really frustrating on him, but you just have to deal with it. You can build a QSS (that does remove ignite right?) but imo it's not usually worth it. It's better for them to focus you with cd's and summoners than for them to hit your carries.

  13. #2553
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    And next game you win because that idiot is on the other team. Except then you don't notice and think you carried so hard. Huzzah for human bias.

    This anecdotal evidence is exactly -why- you are in low Elo. You place the blame elsewhere, instead of looking what you can improve upon. Does that mean you could've carried the game? Maybe not. You won't win them all. As long as you win more than you lose, you go up. Even so, if Warwick kept giving up kills, you could've hunted down the jungler, maybe helped out with a ward or two. If you really were as awesome as you said, you'd be up 5-6 kills and finish your TF by the 15minute mark.

    //edit: This red thread might be of relevance
    This is exactly what people fail to understand. There is no way that you are losing 90% of games JUST because of your team being stupid. The "stupid people" must be evenly spread. With a small sample size, you may find that your team is worse but the only way to beat that is to play A LOT. This is why I tell people that, if you care about ELO, don't do ranked until you know that you will win your lane all the time.

  14. #2554
    sona, pantheon, olaf, mundo or orianna - and cath or mf - which would you recomment to fill my setup (i wrote it on top if you started reading from behind)
    It really comes down to what role you like playing the most or just play a lot of in general.

    If you play a lot of support. Sona is definitely a champion that you should get and learn. Her Aura utility is good along with her poke early game.

    Other than that I would go with Mundo, He is the fastest jungle clearer, and can just be a terror throughout the game once he get going.
    League of Legends Porkchop Express 30 NA

  15. #2555
    Best buys at the moment:

    Top: Jayce/Shen/Rengar/Malphite/
    Middle: Eve/Orianna/Karthus
    Bottom AD: Ezreal/Corki/Graves
    Bottom Supp: Blitz/Taric/Leona
    Jungle: Maokai/Amumu/Skarner

    All in my opinion

  16. #2556
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Best buys at the moment:

    Top: Jayce/Shen/Rengar/Malphite/
    Middle: Eve/Orianna/Karthus
    Bottom AD: Ezreal/Corki/Graves
    Bottom Supp: Blitz/Taric/Leona
    Jungle: Maokai/Amumu/Skarner

    All in my opinion

    The man, the myth, the legend....returns!

    The only champs I would add to that list would be Sona (support), Nunu (jungle/support), Irelia (top), and Anivia (mid).

    I'm assuming we're talking about SoloQ here...

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  17. #2557
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by Balleny View Post
    why shouldnt i play ranked? got full runes, masterys set up and enough exp.
    If you play ranked you'll use the famous "elo hell excuse" when you cant get above 1300 and all, dont do it, play atleast up to 500 wins.
    For the Horde! And for the Earthmother!
    Armory

  18. #2558
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    If you play ranked you'll use the famous "elo hell excuse" when you cant get above 1300 and all, dont do it, play atleast up to 500 wins.
    Sometimes I wonder why people on MMOC are this ridiculously ridiculous.

  19. #2559
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Sometimes I wonder why people on MMOC are this ridiculously ridiculous.
    Yeah, I'm not sure you can use a specific number of wins as a prerequisite before hopping into ranked.

    I think there is a sound general philosophy in playing normals at 30 until you feel confident in your ability to carry most games from a number of lane positions. For some, this may be 200 wins...its entirely dependent on the individual.

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  20. #2560
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    The man, the myth, the legend....returns!

    The only champs I would add to that list would be Sona (support), Nunu (jungle/support), Irelia (top), and Anivia (mid).

    I'm assuming we're talking about SoloQ here...
    Ya, this was just a generic "what I see pick/banned every game" :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •