Well, I guess I'll post this here for some ideas as to who to buy.

I'm still relatively new to League, one of my roommates managed to get me into it. Only level 13, so I don't have full runes/masteries yet, and I usually play with a premade group of friends (Sometimes a full group, other times with two other friends). The friends don't play on Smurf accounts, so I'm often in a group with a couple of level 30s, so I'm assuming that makes things a little more challenging for me.

The role I'm usually made to take is Solo Top, which I don't mind. I like solo top. However, we usually face so many teams that don't have a jungle, that I'm often left 1v2. While this doesn't really bother me, I'm really just looking for some suggestions as to who would be best for that role since most teams we run into don't really follow the meta.

The first solo-top champ I bought was Wukong, because I liked the concept behind him, his appearance and his moves. However, when I'm 2v1 with him, it just seems like I can't poke as well as they can and our jungle often has to come to help me a little too much. It also seems like I can't get alot of cs when I have no decent poke. It gets to the point in some games that I just feel like I'm completely useless, and I can't stand that feeling.

So, my main question is if there are any better champions for solo top in 1v2 scenarios? My friends have suggested champs such as Vlad or Jayce, but I'm open to any good top-champion at this point.

Olaf with maxxed Axes is good in 1v2 situations

Jayce can clear well as well

Jayce, Olaf, Darius, and Nidalee can all do well in 1v2 situations.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Astralli View Post
    Well, I guess I'll post this here for some ideas as to who to buy.

I'm still relatively new to League, one of my roommates managed to get me into it. Only level 13, so I don't have full runes/masteries yet, and I usually play with a premade group of friends (Sometimes a full group, other times with two other friends). The friends don't play on Smurf accounts, so I'm often in a group with a couple of level 30s, so I'm assuming that makes things a little more challenging for me.

The role I'm usually made to take is Solo Top, which I don't mind. I like solo top. However, we usually face so many teams that don't have a jungle, that I'm often left 1v2. While this doesn't really bother me, I'm really just looking for some suggestions as to who would be best for that role since most teams we run into don't really follow the meta.

The first solo-top champ I bought was Wukong, because I liked the concept behind him, his appearance and his moves. However, when I'm 2v1 with him, it just seems like I can't poke as well as they can and our jungle often has to come to help me a little too much. It also seems like I can't get alot of cs when I have no decent poke. It gets to the point in some games that I just feel like I'm completely useless, and I can't stand that feeling.

So, my main question is if there are any better champions for solo top in 1v2 scenarios? My friends have suggested champs such as Vlad or Jayce, but I'm open to any good top-champion at this point.
    Nunu, Yorick, and Gangplank are all really good too for 1 v 2 situations...also, as a new player, they're incredibly easy "solo top" lane choices without many counters. They're extremely safe picks.

"There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

In addition to the above, here's some other options:

Irelia is a bit weak early level, but can fairly easily farm under her turret with a few levels.

Jax just needs levels to start steamrolling things.

Yorick needs to grab a tear and then can quite easily hold himself against 2.

Who counter Jayce top?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Who counter Jayce top?
    nidalee, yorick and cho cho do the best against him imo. I've seen lee sin's do well also, but much less commonly.

The three that I mentioned can all out sustain him, which is kind of the trick to beating him. If you watched the s2 finals, then you would understand the nidalee pick more. Other champions can do well, but those are the best counters imo.

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Add in Shen as well.
    Hmm... shen is pretty much permabanned so i've never actually seen how one does against jayce in the lane. He does have decent sustain and a shield too. I could see how that works.

My last Shen game in ranked was against a Jayce. He could not beat me early and later on I was just being Shen and not dying.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Who counter Jayce top?
    I've been told that Irelia does well. I'm not so sure, but it might be worth a try.

Anyone who has more than 2 Gap Closers/Heavy Ranged Damage.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Anyone who has more than 2 Gap Closers/Heavy Ranged Damage.
    I don't think anyone has more than 2 gap closers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I don't think anyone has more than 2 gap closers.
    Bad phrasing. Multiple ways to close a distance/low CD gap closer, so once he knocks you back you can jump on his ass again.

After a few really bad matches with my main Leona @ lvl15, now 16, I decided to go back to on of the champions I once bought because they looked cool. Katarina. Back when I bought her, I was like, level 5, and quite frankly, I didn't know where to play her and how to play her very well, so it felt like a really bad deal. I've kept refunding her in my mind for a long period, but eventually decided not to.

I'm very happy that I didn't. I played her as AP Mid yesterday (which I think she is supposed to) and went up against an Ezreal (first match) and Annie (second match). I raped the Ezreal, the Annie was tricky, due to the stun(s), but I did manage to get most of the farm in the lane by not getting killed, so she couldn't really press that much. Eventually we lost that last match due to a bottom lane (?) Jayce that "played for the first time, but no worries, my friends Nunu will carry me" *Jayce has died*^8. People surrendered after 31 minutes and actually gave him as a reason, while I thought we were pretty evenly matched.

Back to my Katarina, I really love how she plays out. She has a great farm, she's very aggressive and has a very high damage potential if properly itemized. A constant threat, a jump in and jump out if you need. It's exactly the way I like to play on Leona. So yeah, loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    After a few really bad matches with my main Leona @ lvl15, now 16, I decided to go back to on of the champions I once bought because they looked cool. Katarina. Back when I bought her, I was like, level 5, and quite frankly, I didn't know where to play her and how to play her very well, so it felt like a really bad deal. I've kept refunding her in my mind for a long period, but eventually decided not to.

I'm very happy that I didn't. I played her as AP Mid yesterday (which I think she is supposed to) and went up against an Ezreal (first match) and Annie (second match). I raped the Ezreal, the Annie was tricky, due to the stun(s), but I did manage to get most of the farm in the lane by not getting killed, so she couldn't really press that much. Eventually we lost that last match due to a bottom lane (?) Jayce that "played for the first time, but no worries, my friends Nunu will carry me" *Jayce has died*^8. People surrendered after 31 minutes and actually gave him as a reason, while I thought we were pretty evenly matched.

Back to my Katarina, I really love how she plays out. She has a great farm, she's very aggressive and has a very high damage potential if properly itemized. A constant threat, a jump in and jump out if you need. It's exactly the way I like to play on Leona. So yeah, loving it.
    She was remade recently(!) so she's less reliant on her ultimate to be successful. Most people agree she's been changed for the better.

She has.

Though I still dislike CC-less AP mids, she's still a lot better than before. And really popular to boot.

I just got enough IP to pick up either Skarner or Maokai, I've had a bit of experience with both of them but I'm still having trouble choosing which to buy. Nautaulis is also on the cards but Ive never caught him on a free week.

My only decent junglers atm are Malphite and Shen. I have Udyr and hate him. Other toons I play are Leona, Mordekaiser and Swain.

Who to buy :-(

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    She was remade recently(!) so she's less reliant on her ultimate to be successful. Most people agree she's been changed for the better.
    I actually just had a conversation about that, a friend of mine plays a little longer and personally feels she used to be better. Apparently due to the fact that her Q used to be a finisher rather than an initiator, if I'm explaining this right. Regardless, I like her this way ^^

I'd suggest Maokai. Biggest reason: they're both very good, strong junglers, but Maokai has a new skin upcoming for Halloween, which you might want to pick up. Buying him now gives you that opportunity at least.