Quote Originally Posted by Cadith View Post
    ye i had a little go of nami yesterday and i was pretty terrible with her tbh, but i rly enjoyed janna, just playing pure support chars is very different to wot im used to so i just found it harder without the practice
    You can't go wrong with Janna really. Her kit is just pretty damn good.

Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    You can't go wrong with Janna really. Her kit is just pretty damn good.
    Janna is a really nice support to play, but if your AD Carry just sucks there's not much you can do other than protect the guy with your Q stun/W slow/Shield/Knockback(Or heal). You can't really help with killing as much as other champions (That's why I prefer Leona/Blitz/Taric as supports).
    ~ "Actions speak louder than words do, I don't want to hear dead words from you." ~

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Janna is a really nice support to play, but if your AD Carry just sucks there's not much you can do other than protect the guy with your Q stun/W slow/Shield/Knockback(Or heal). You can't really help with killing as much as other champions (That's why I prefer Leona/Blitz/Taric as supports).
    Well if you keep playing different champs because your team might suck, well then you're fucked from the beginning. You could also charge in as Leona, then see your carry react 15 seconds to late and you just lost 3/4th of your health. Point is, if your AD carry sucks, you're fucked in nearly every lane. Janna still has an amazing teamfight presence regardless of the carry, because her kit allows it.

Janna seems like one of those supports that fits certain people. She is pretty much the only support I feel I can't play well, because I just don't mesh with her.
    That's me though. Which is why I say she fits "certain people", which may be a large majority.

Also, a lot of people seem to think Sona is this boring support. I've recently started going AD Marks on her, and if you're good, you can literally chase people out of the lane so your carry can farm without a worry. I also once got double kills THREE TIMES in ONE MATCH because people underestimate how much damage she can do.

I'm just saying... Sometimes, first impressions can cloud your vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I also once got double kills THREE TIMES in ONE MATCH because people underestimate how much damage she can do.
    Happens SO much with me, in solo queue people are always accusing me of KS, but when you're ramping up your abilities in teamfights then AAing you're whittling down a lot of health. Had a game a few days ago and the enemy had Cho'gath top. Got to the first teamfight and I just basic AA'd him before stacking for my passive, he says in all "lol nice dmg sona". Fight breaks and they run, I pop Shurelyas and E, get just behind them and use R>Q, AA'd their ADC. Think I must've taken around 30% of his health in one AA lol.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Well if you keep playing different champs because your team might suck, well then you're fucked from the beginning. You could also charge in as Leona, then see your carry react 15 seconds to late and you just lost 3/4th of your health. Point is, if your AD carry sucks, you're fucked in nearly every lane. Janna still has an amazing teamfight presence regardless of the carry, because her kit allows it.
    I only support whenever I'm last pick anyway, I absolutely despise being dependant on someone else to do well in a lane.
    In those situations I always pick the according support to the champion, it's just that I prefer those 3 over Janna/Soraka/Sona, since they're more fitting to my usual agressive playstyle.
    If it's a Vayne, I pick Nunu, if It's Ezreal I pick Blitz/Leona, Graves Blitz/Taric etc etc. It's not like I can only play those 3. It's just personal preference really. And yes it's still a loss if my ADC has no clue what he's doing, but as Leona/Blitz I can roam around a little bit to make plays in mid/jungle so at least those lanes can help me win bot again.
    Janna has great teamfight presence yeah, but she can't really "Snowball" a lane like other supports can.
    ~ "Actions speak louder than words do, I don't want to hear dead words from you." ~

the thing janna excells at is protecting someone. She can't snowball a lane as easily as other supports but she's amazing at preventing getting snowballed.

Hey guys just incase i'm just being a tard but was Evelynn always 1350 IP? when i was looking yesterday im sure she was 4800 bracket, but if its a mistake buy her now rly cheap haha, or just laugh at how blind i am :P

I'm a newer 30 with 13k IP to spend. I haven't tried playing any ranked games yet, just normal blind pick. I prefer solo top and mid because I've never really tried jungling, find most ADCs to be too squishy, and hate support. I usually try to call top and go with mainly Xin Zhao and occasionally Darius or Riven (might also get Zed, was fun to play his free week), and if I mid I use Katarina.

Any suggestions on what I should get for an ADC, jungler, or tank/support if I get stuck with those rolls? I currently have Kogmaw for an ADC. I know Xin can jungle I've just only tried it in Bot games and and end up getting behind, and nobody ever needs a gank (its bots). I have 0 supports and Singed for a Tank (thinking of getting Volibear).

I'm only lv15, but i bought Volibear when he was on sale about 2 weeks ago, and he's soo much fun. Yesterday i was just sitting mid with 190 Armor 156 MR and 3k hp with a full defense Mastery and i just wouldn't die, much to the annoyance of the enemy laner and junglers trying to flank me. With his charge against champs for burst of speed and his E for easy CS kills, hes a rly fun champ to agitate the opposing champ and move off for protection when needed

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
    I'm a newer 30 with 13k IP to spend. I haven't tried playing any ranked games yet, just normal blind pick. I prefer solo top and mid because I've never really tried jungling, find most ADCs to be too squishy, and hate support. I usually try to call top and go with mainly Xin Zhao and occasionally Darius or Riven (might also get Zed, was fun to play his free week), and if I mid I use Katarina.

Any suggestions on what I should get for an ADC, jungler, or tank/support if I get stuck with those rolls? I currently have Kogmaw for an ADC. I know Xin can jungle I've just only tried it in Bot games and and end up getting behind, and nobody ever needs a gank (its bots). I have 0 supports and Singed for a Tank (thinking of getting Volibear).
    Get runes first, with that much IP you can get a good solid runepage. I know it's not exactly what your asked, but a full tier 3 runepage is huge.

Janna seems like one of those supports that fits certain people. She is pretty much the only support I feel I can't play well, because I just don't mesh with her.
    That's me though. Which is why I say she fits "certain people", which may be a large majority.

Also, a lot of people seem to think Sona is this boring support. I've recently started going AD Marks on her, and if you're good, you can literally chase people out of the lane so your carry can farm without a worry. I also once got double kills THREE TIMES in ONE MATCH because people underestimate how much damage she can do.

I'm just saying... Sometimes, first impressions can cloud your vision.
    I dont even feel bad when I KS on sona anymore, I always win games with sona when i get fed because we get full ward coverage and pinks plus i get early shurelyas and just snowball from there. Sona no1 support.

Jax can do top/jungle, as can Lee Sin.
    Graves is the least squishy out of the AD carries, other than Urgot.
    You might like Leona for support.

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Get runes first, with that much IP you can get a good solid runepage. I know it's not exactly what your asked, but a full tier 3 runepage is huge.
    I have 4 rune pages that all use armor seals and MR glyphs, then are (Qint/Marks) AD/AD, Arp/Arp, MagPen/MagPen, AP/MagPen. All T3, I read somewhere when I first started that it was a good idea to spend nothing until you unlock T3 runes at level 20 so thats what I did.
    Last edited by DOUBLEXBAUGH; 2013-01-05 at 12:42 PM.

I have 4 rune pages that all use armor seals and MR glyphs, then are (Qint/Marks) AD/AD, Arp/Arp, MagPen/MagPen, AP/MagPen. All T3, I read somewhere when I first started that it was a good idea to spend nothing until you unlock T3 runes at level 20 so thats what I did.
    Ah great, my bad then!

Armor seals for mid? :<

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Armor seals for mid? :<
    Well, better than nothing I guess? Still, should get at least flat mana regen as well.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

I think HP/level is the preferred yellow runes for mids, but I'm not sure.

I think HP/level is the preferred yellow runes for mids, but I'm not sure.
    Depends on the playstyle. I, for one, tend to spam so much the flat mana regen is a necessity for smooth early game.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

I prefer flat mana ones, since I tend to spam a bit more like some people above me ^
    Last edited by StNimrod; 2013-01-05 at 04:13 PM.