1. #3161
    Hey I like to play champions that are hardly ever seen like Udyr and I'm starting to play mid lane more and I'm looking to buy a 3150ip champ I was thinking Karma but what are some suggestions

  2. #3162
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Nujist View Post
    Hey I like to play champions that are hardly ever seen like Udyr and I'm starting to play mid lane more and I'm looking to buy a 3150ip champ I was thinking Karma but what are some suggestions
    Karma could work as a midlaner, but she's more of a supportish mage and not an actual mage that usually goes midlane.

    Anivia could work if you want a mage that's not as often seen, but she's seen fairly often still.

    Other choices include Lux (which sees lots of play) and Kassadin.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  3. #3163
    There's normally a reason why champions don't get played as often as others, but one 3150 midlaner that isn't seen often would be Heimerdinger. Not sure if I would recommend him though, I enjoy playing him but definitely has his weaknesses.

    *edit* One 3150 midlaner I personally don't see that often but would definitely recommend is Gragas. He's not really rare to see but also not as common as most.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2013-01-10 at 12:53 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

  4. #3164
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    There's normally a reason why champions don't get played as often as others, but one 3150 midlaner that isn't seen often would be Heimerdinger. Not sure if I would recommend him though, I enjoy playing him but definitely has his weaknesses.
    Jungle Heimer is the way to go.

  5. #3165
    Any tips for elise?

  6. #3166
    Either learn to combo things well, and get some grip on her, or just go top and harass the shit out of defenseless bruisers.
    And don't feel bad for doing it, they deserve it anyway.

  7. #3167
    Mechagnome bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    709
    Kha'zix or Talon?

    I am trying to get a few more assassins, and am currently thinking of one of those two? These would be champions that I play in SR and maybe Dominion but the choice wouldn't be based on Dominion alone. They both are pretty cool looking champions so its a hard choice.
    "Allons-y!" - David Tennant - 10th Doctor.
    "Bow ties are cool." - Matt Smith - 11th Doctor.

  8. #3168
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Kha'zix or Talon?

    I am trying to get a few more assassins, and am currently thinking of one of those two? These would be champions that I play in SR and maybe Dominion but the choice wouldn't be based on Dominion alone. They both are pretty cool looking champions so its a hard choice.
    Talon is the best anti-mage IMO. Kha'zix is one of the most to play, plus you can also jungle, top and mid with him. Get talon if you need something for your mid roster. Kha'zix is on the top tier in the current meta. Amazing for assassinate enemy carries, amazing kit, mobility/stealth and the best burst in game.
    Check my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kingofkalamos!!!
    Full with SWTOR and LoL!

  9. #3169
    Both are pretty similar, easy to play, pretty rewarding and snowballing hard.
    Khazix has better waveclear and kinda more interesting mobility, where Talon has faceroll CC.

  10. #3170
    Fiddlesticks is tremendously fun, in lane and in the jungle, although he is squishy. And people who arent used to him will sit there trying to kill you while you just drain back all the health. Super annoying when you verse someone with a control loss or silence cc, but besides that one of my favorite champs, hiding around a corner while theyre team is diving a turret, then ultiing onto them is just awesome. Gotta get surprise party fiddle though, its a legendary skin, at regular skin price!

  11. #3171
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    There's normally a reason why champions don't get played as often as others, but one 3150 midlaner that isn't seen often would be Heimerdinger. Not sure if I would recommend him though, I enjoy playing him but definitely has his weaknesses.

    *edit* One 3150 midlaner I personally don't see that often but would definitely recommend is Gragas. He's not really rare to see but also not as common as most.
    Yea I'm not expecting to go Diamond or even Gold with the champs I just like playing those oddballs. I currently have Gragas but I'll be checking Heirmerdinger then I still have a refund or two left if I don't enjoy him thanks for the input

  12. #3172
    High Overlord LeBacchus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of Chocolate and Beer
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Kha'zix or Talon?

    I am trying to get a few more assassins, and am currently thinking of one of those two? These would be champions that I play in SR and maybe Dominion but the choice wouldn't be based on Dominion alone. They both are pretty cool looking champions so its a hard choice.
    Kha'zix, such a fun champion

    What Nocturne skin should i get? (not the legendary)

  13. #3173
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBacchus View Post
    Kha'zix, such a fun champion

    What Nocturne skin should i get? (not the legendary)
    Frozen or Ravager. Ravager looks awesome but Frozen has the particles. Haunting is no longer available though that's the one I always use.

  14. #3174
    Epic! Deylana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,592
    So soon enough I'll have enough IP for another purchase. My three options right now are Kha'zix, Miss Fortune and Jayce. My selections for jungle/bot/top are already fairly well rounded, but they all fill a niche that I'm looking for with each role. High-burst, high mobility assassin for Kha, an ADC that can roam more easily for MF and a ranged bruiser for top. The problem is here, I'm maining jungle in ranked and I manage to get it almost all the time, however I'm concerned that Kha might get nerfed soon and Riot doesn't have the best reputation lately with "tweaking". Next up, I'm already very comfortable with Caitlyn and Vayne for ADC, both of which are excellent ADCs on their own, so I'm wondering if I -need- another ADC right now. As for Jayce, I rarely ever get or have to go top, and I haven't tried him much before. I'm fairly certain I will love him, but is it worth it? Also to be considered is the fact that I'm very good with Cho and almost never lose with him, do I want to branch out into a different champ?

    Oh yeah, my line up for jungle is currently Jax, Noc, Vi, Eve, Diana, for ADC Vayne, Cait, Ashe and Trist to a lesser degree, for top Cho, Garen, Riven, Nid, Jax.
    Meh.

  15. #3175
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,192
    Miss Fortune is one I'd suggest if you run ADC more often. She's one of the few that doesn't get bullied around by Draven.

    Looking at your list, I think that your jungling setup could use a bit more work. Not sure Kha'zix would be the right choice for that, seeing how you already have a few assassins. I'd lean more towards jungling Cho, Maokai and Amumu with your current roster as they'd bring something new.

  16. #3176
    Epic! Deylana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,592
    Amumu is perma-banned, so not an option currently :P I have thought about jungling Cho several times, just never got around to it. As for Maokai, I'm sure I'd love playing him with a competent team... but the reason I switched from support main to jungle main in S3 is to have a better chance of impacting a game. I've so far found this is much easier to do with junglers that can actually do damage since I just can't rely on my ADC and mid to farm or not get themselves killed.
    Meh.

  17. #3177
    Diana, Ziggs, Fiora or Ahri?

    I have a fair number of AD and AP champions but I have no idea how to play support., and to be honest I prefer champions that are fun to play and have some utility available to avoid/prevent ganks and so on. Such as Tristana, crap ton of damage with the right items but her R and W are useful utility abilities. I'm leaning towards Ziggs or Ahri but I heard Ziggs got a massive nerf and even with his utility he, apparently, is not that good anymore. And I have no way to judge that myself. Fiora looks fun as I often see her jumping and dashing around like crazy, reflecting spells and stuff. Then Diana jumps a -lot-, is good at range and in melee and from what I know she can still dish out a ton of damage. Ahri seems to have a mix of good damage but also utility due to her charm spell, which not only works as a slow taunt but can be used to slow people chasing me or a friend or just keeping them still to fire some ulti's from my team members.

    So...suggestions?

  18. #3178
    Bloodsail Admiral Reluctant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,088
    would go with Ahri, she brings everything you want. She has good utility with her charm and her ult will let you escape almost anny gank.

  19. #3179
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    Diana, Ziggs, Fiora or Ahri?

    I have a fair number of AD and AP champions but I have no idea how to play support., and to be honest I prefer champions that are fun to play and have some utility available to avoid/prevent ganks and so on. Such as Tristana, crap ton of damage with the right items but her R and W are useful utility abilities. I'm leaning towards Ziggs or Ahri but I heard Ziggs got a massive nerf and even with his utility he, apparently, is not that good anymore. And I have no way to judge that myself. Fiora looks fun as I often see her jumping and dashing around like crazy, reflecting spells and stuff. Then Diana jumps a -lot-, is good at range and in melee and from what I know she can still dish out a ton of damage. Ahri seems to have a mix of good damage but also utility due to her charm spell, which not only works as a slow taunt but can be used to slow people chasing me or a friend or just keeping them still to fire some ulti's from my team members.

    So...suggestions?
    Diana or Ahri. Both are good picks.

    Ahri has been my main since she came out and is a generally safe pick (Fuck LB and all the AD Casters recently though), but you have to hit your shit. Like you have to. If you don't, she's a subpar mage with low consistent damage in comparison.

    Diana is still good, I picked her up a week or two before Tales of the Lane & MLG where everyone saw her strength. The last set of nerfs hit her hard, but thankfully she's still a good pick. My only complaint is her W hitbox is so ridiculously small now it can be very difficult to get the proc. Her Q Range is now the same as her R range, meaning if you Q and R someone before the Q hits, you'll reach right as the Q Hits and you'll get the R refresh.

    Ziggs is meh. Can be a good mid, but everything he has is a skillshot. He has the potential to be a decent/good pick, but honestly why bother?

    I haven't tried Fiora since the patch, but I imagine she's the same as before. Just a bit more damage and survivability with new Cleaver, but still squishy and an all in melee carry.

  20. #3180
    I'm fairly good with skillshots, having mained AP Ezreal for a few months. So it seems to boil down to Ahri or Fiora. Hm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •