Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Bump, I'm sitting on 6300 IP and need a couple more opinions :P

Added Cho in there since I've started jungling him.
    I would recommend Dr. Mudno for jungling. Right now he is especially powerful because warmogs is kinda overtuned, and he builds health primarily anyways, so it's very good on him right now. He also snowballs incredibly hard. I've had games where I can literally zone an entire team with him. I mean they would kill me eventually, but if you get far enough ahead you become this invincible meat shield that has a % health skill shot slow.

As for ADs I would pick up graves Mf or ezreal. They are just good champions to have around. Though I wouldn't prioritize them if you are comfortable with your line up. They would basically be champions you could trade to someone in draft pick if you wanted to secured something early. Or you could learn them too. Depends on how you feel about your AD line up.

For top, I would pick up Jayce. It's hard to counter him and he can farm easily. He also works very well on poke comps. If you've watched any tournaments since his release you know what kind of poke damage he can do. He's also fotm in mid right now.

I'm afraid I'm not that excited about Mundo's playstyle :P My question was which do I get first between Kha, Jayce and MF, with the stuff I mentioned to be kept in mind :P
    Meh.

I'm afraid I'm not that excited about Mundo's playstyle :P My question was which do I get first between Kha, Jayce and MF, with the stuff I mentioned to be kept in mind :P
    Hmm, I misread your post lol.

Kha'zix. He's borderline broken right now and if you just want to win, he will likely get you the most wins. He is an assassin so if he doesn't get rolling it's kinda sad, but he can farm very easily and more importantly kill people very easily.

Please practise Kha'zix a bit first. Faced one yesterday with the Mechaskin and he got rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Hmm, I misread your post lol.

Kha'zix. He's borderline broken right now and if you just want to win, he will likely get you the most wins. He is an assassin so if he doesn't get rolling it's kinda sad, but he can farm very easily and more importantly kill people very easily.
    I wouldn't say he's anywhere near said borderline. Sure he hits hard as hell, but why would you play isolated from teammates/minions? Why are your squishies isolated from your team during team fights? And like you said, he's an assassin, he is paper thin and gets melted very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnsanegirl View Post
    Hey guys, I really want to try out Caitlyn but I already have Ashe.

Should I still purchase her or is she basically the same?
    I'd say cait is the best when paired with nunu. I found an article with scarra giving his impressions on champions in s3:

Caitlyn: Really strong ad carry right now. High amount of synergy with nunu (most effective low skill bottom lane) and zyra. Works just as well wiith standard supports like lulu/sona. However, really lacks a late late game till 6 items unless you have nunu. Fine where she is now.

Corki: He's honestly pretty bad right now. I don't see him even considered as a pick in pro play and really he's only used as a hard counterpick to vayne in lane. His pick % fell based on patch but he's still a pretty strong champion, just pales to cait/ez/twitch/vayne.

Draven: Lane dominating champion. Can be shut down by strong initiation like malphite. Not very mobile but hits like a truck. Don't let this snowball in lane or else he'll just crush your front line. Fine where he's at now most likely.

Ezreal: One of the most flexible AD champions. Really has no downsides and is an extremely strong early pick for when your team has no idea what to do. He can work in almost any comp and with any support. Probably one of the top 3 ADs right now and is really strong with a standard AD build into frozen fist (getting nerfed for ranged). His Q range as well as his passive steroid allow him to be relavant at all stages of the game. No changes he's fine.

(http://www.team-dignitas.net/article...-of-champions/)
    Last edited by tangosmango; 2013-01-16 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    I wouldn't say he's anywhere near said borderline. Sure he hits hard as hell, but why would you play isolated from teammates/minions? Why are your squishies isolated from your team during team fights?
    I imagine you would stay away from minions in case he either pretends to go for minions then hits you instead, or so you won't be hit by his W.
    Also, a lot of squishies stay back to not get hit by their AoE or CC, like a certain little mummy that's popular these days.

Also don't forget Miss Fortune, she's pretty good these days.

Darius: [...] Feels ok to leave him where he is now. If he needs a nerf could just make his passive physical damage instead of magical.
    And this is where even people like Scarra can be wrong. Making his passive physical would be a buff, not a nerf, unless the numbers get changed. Darius gets no magic penetration, but has passive ArmPen and can comfortably build more ArmPen.

Bought Kha'zix, nerfs incoming Then again, he is SO FUN
    Meh.

Kha'Zix being popular lately it seems that there's plenty of bad ones out there... I don't mind that.

And to the above, I'd recommend Yorick top and MF for ADC. Yorick dominates the lane, and MF with Sona combo wins teamfights and the lane.
    Last edited by StNimrod; 2013-01-16 at 02:38 PM.

All 3 are really good right now. Right now, if I had to set it in an order it would be Kha'zix, Jayce and then MF
    League of Legends Porkchop Express 30 NA

The nerfs to Kha'zix are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. His damage will still be borderline ridiculous, but not *quite* as insane. He'll likely need more tweaking even after this balance patch.

In response to the person considering between Cait and Ashe, I would go completely outside that box and recommend MF. She has quickly become my favorite ADC. It's very easy to bully your opponents out of lane or kill them straight up if you have a support with CC who is halfway competent. She also has some really great skins and her ulti is so damn satisfying to use when you catch the majority of the enemy team in it. I used to play Cait quite a bit but I've recently been becoming really frustrated with the way she plays.

As far as Ashe goes, her early game is pretty bad. Until you at least get your IE, you'll feel like you're very weak and not able to do much. Not to mention, whenever I see an Ashe player on my team, I usually prepare myself to deal with a game where the enemy bot lane is going to be fed. However, if you're able to keep it together and get some solid farm, Ashe is pretty scary late game.
    Last edited by PhaseLocked; 2013-01-16 at 04:43 PM.
    Bear the cross, wear the crown.
    It's just some evil you can't bleed out.

Dreadlord
    Recently lost quite a bit of elo while playing some duo queue (with a person that's got like 150 higher elo than me or so, so I always end up supporting since I'm last pick, and we often win botlane but then loose later on for various reasons, so I decided to start playing solo and try to catch up to my friend in elo before playing duo again, so I can get more "relevant" roles than support). So now I'm looking to climb back up but I'm not really sure what to play, or what champs to buy to do so.

I'm not really a very comfortable jungler but I'm trying to learn on Jax and Xin as they feel pretty easy, also the occassional eve jungler game if she's not banned.
    I feel comfortable as anything else more or less, a few characters that have been strong in the past, and I'm not sure how they're doing now since I don't see them alot is:
    Irelia, Jarvan, Leona, Riven, Talon, Shen, Udyr
    These are champs I don't own but have the IP to buy and I can't really make my mind up.

Also, if there's any other champs that is particularly strong at "carrying" games atm don't be afraid of mentioning them

I've been trying to play Pantheon mid lately if I can since it feels pretty strong in lane and also has good gank potential with his ulti, I know TF also has his ulti but I reckon TF has a lot higher skillcap than pantheon and I'm not nearly familiar enough with him to play him in ranked at this point.

I also don't have Kha'zix but he's more or less always banned and now gotten nerfed so I'm not really too much into buying him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    I'm not really a very comfortable jungler but I'm trying to learn on Jax and Xin as they feel pretty easy, also the occassional eve jungler game if she's not banned.
    I feel comfortable as anything else more or less, a few characters that have been strong in the past, and I'm not sure how they're doing now since I don't see them alot is:
    Irelia, Jarvan, Leona, Riven, Talon, Shen, Udyr
    These are champs I don't own but have the IP to buy and I can't really make my mind up.

Also, if there's any other champs that is particularly strong at "carrying" games atm don't be afraid of mentioning them

I also don't have Kha'zix but he's more or less always banned and now gotten nerfed so I'm not really too much into buying him.
    If you looking to carry games from the jungle, My suggestion would be Nocturne. His ganks are really good and post 6 he just gets better.

From the ones you listed Udyr is really strong right now especially when they just reverted the nerf they gave his W. his jungle clear time is still one of the fastest (not mundo lvl) around 3:40-3:45 if i remember correctly and is my suggestion to you if your still uncomfortable in the jungle.

If your stuck playing support. Leona is a very good choice, best aggressive support in the game in my opinion.

Even though Kha'zix got nerf he still isn't bad. His damage is still insane good.
    League of Legends Porkchop Express 30 NA

What do you guys think about Udyr top lane with the small buff he gets on his passive?

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post

And this is where even people like Scarra can be wrong. Making his passive physical would be a buff, not a nerf, unless the numbers get changed. Darius gets no magic penetration, but has passive ArmPen and can comfortably build more ArmPen.
    And it'd make Hexdrinker users sad.

Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    What do you guys think about Udyr top lane with the small buff he gets on his passive?
    He still has major issues due to the minion pathing bug not being fixed yet. So I recommend against using him there.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    He messes people up *if* you can get to them. You used to be able to max turtle stance and become an untouchable badass, but that was patched out a long time ago.

If you do play him toplane I would advise maxing tiger stance. Not many people can trade with you once you have a few points in tiger stance. He still gets kited all day. He will be slightly more durable, but overall still a rather weak top I think. If you are against a nidalee or a jayce or someone with a ranged auto you are going to basically lose the lane simply because you don't have a gap closer other than running in a line at them.

The jungler can help you, but I would recommend others top. I do still like him in the jungle though.

I'm in need of a high skill cap mid champion which can own the lane and great for team fights. Any thoughts?

Already got anivia annie evelynn katarina lux yi ryze and vladimir so something else than that would be appreciated.

Kennen or Kha'zix come to mind.

Swain, Malzahar, Cassiopeia pretty decent too.