1. #3421
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Not really, it's that just once you spent 10 minutes and already know all the mechanics as much as you can know, you need something to improve. But this thing applies to everyone. It's like saying that Garen is high skill cap or perhaps Xin Zhao, lolz. It's more like the game is not as easy as people pretend it to be.


    Ahri has pretty decent mobility without her ultimate through fox fire. But the spell is a little bit more complicated than it looks. Orianna and Syndra both have very awesome mobility, that is just hard to use.

    Viktor is very decent too, though there is currently a problem that his Q/W items have shitty stats.
    What? How do Ahri and Syndra have Mobility lol. Aside from Ahri's ultimate, they have no Move Speed Boosts, Blinks, or anything that could considered mobility. They have Hard CC, but that's not mobility. Ahri's Fox Fire is complicated and a mobility spell? Do you mean Oriana's W? Ahri's W isn't really complicated; each Fox Fire has a slightly different range, and they target the nearest Enemy Unit that enters their range range, prioritizing Champions over all else.

  2. #3422
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    What? How do Ahri and Syndra have Mobility lol. Aside from Ahri's ultimate, they have no Move Speed Boosts, Blinks, or anything that could considered mobility. They have Hard CC, but that's not mobility. Ahri's Fox Fire is complicated and a mobility spell? Do you mean Oriana's W? Ahri's W isn't really complicated; each Fox Fire has a slightly different range, and they target the nearest Enemy Unit that enters their range range, prioritizing Champions over all else.
    Don't see it either, Ahri's ulti is her only 'mobility' spell, as for Syndra... she has nothing.

  3. #3423
    Guys, what's the current status of Annie? I used to love playing her when I started, especially in 3v3, old TT, but these days I've been neglecting her a bit. Mainly due to the fact that playing a mid is always a fierce discussion so I just grab a jungler instead, but secondary due to the fact that she never used to be "really" viable. No escapes, no shields and wasting R as an escape is just that, wasting its potential. (Ok no shield is a lie, but it's not like her shield was that good)

    Has there been any change to her after the recent set of patches?

    Because when this skin hits, I simply won't be able to hold myself. I need to have this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUiZq853yrU
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-03 at 11:59 PM.

  4. #3424
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Guys, what's the current status of Annie? I used to love playing her when I started, especially in 3v3, old TT, but these days I've been neglecting her a bit. Mainly due to the fact that playing a mid is always a fierce discussion so I just grab a jungler instead, but secondary due to the fact that she never used to be "really" viable. No escapes, no shields and wasting R as an escape is just that, wasting its potential. (Ok no shield is a lie, but it's not like her shield was that good)

    Has there been any change to her after the recent set of patches?

    Because when this skin hits, I simply won't be able to hold myself. I need to have this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUiZq853yrU
    She doesn't really fit the meta at the moment, in fact she hasn't fit the meta for a while. Burst/combo mages are not in right now.

    The only changes she received were changes to her E shield. It now lasts 5 seconds and has a 10 second CD.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  5. #3425
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    What? How do Ahri and Syndra have Mobility lol. Aside from Ahri's ultimate, they have no Move Speed Boosts, Blinks, or anything that could considered mobility.
    That is only matter of wrong perception. Your plain movement is mobility as well, and the fact that Ahri can Fox-fire without stopping essentially converts that into mobility. For Orianna/Syndra this is even bigger as they got full arsenal of spells to use without stopping, giving them exceptional mobility.

    To put this in some perspective, the time you normally spend to cast spell will be used to those to dodge/kite/chase/escape and it's superior to simple dashes against range ( but inferior vs gap closers ).
    Also imagine how OP would be a hero who could use ranged autoattack and still keep moving.
    Last edited by AFK-Champion; 2013-02-04 at 12:36 AM.

  6. #3426
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    That is only matter of wrong perception. Your plain movement is mobility as well, and the fact that Ahri can Fox-fire without stopping essentially converts that into mobility. For Orianna/Syndra this is even bigger as they got full arsenal of spells to use without stopping, giving them exceptional mobility.

    To put this in some perspective, the time you normally spend to cast spell will be used to those to dodge/kite/chase/escape and it's superior to simple dashes against range ( but inferior vs gap closers ).
    Also imagine how OP would be a hero who could use ranged autoattack and still keep moving.
    That's such a bullshit way of stretching the definition of mobility lol. Just say "They can cast while moving." That's all. It gives them no additional mobility and to say they have "decent" mobility because one or two of their spells doesn't make them stop for like .3 seconds is stretching it. "Decent" mobility is something like Irelia, Ezreal, or LB. Not Syndra. The "Cast Time" in LoL is basically fucking irrelevant for 90% of Heroes since there IS no significant cast time for many spells/animations.

  7. #3427
    Well believe whatever you want. Most people play crap only because they will never realize advantages provided by hard/"bad" champions.

  8. #3428
    zed or jayce

  9. #3429
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    She doesn't really fit the meta at the moment, in fact she hasn't fit the meta for a while. Burst/combo mages are not in right now.

    The only changes she received were changes to her E shield. It now lasts 5 seconds and has a 10 second CD.
    Yeah, that is what I figured. What a pity. She should totally be viable, for the sake of getting your teeth kicked in by a little girl

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 07:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Well believe whatever you want. Most people play crap only because they will never realize advantages provided by hard/"bad" champions.
    I think you're mixing up mobility and great utility/CC. Yi, has great mobility, as a few others. Those you mentioned, not so much.

  10. #3430
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Yeah, that is what I figured. What a pity. She should totally be viable, for the sake of getting your teeth kicked in by a little girl
    Annie is more of the fortunate picks out there. It's not like she's completely unviable as how nerfed & pre-rework Eve was.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  11. #3431
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Annie is more of the fortunate picks out there. It's not like she's completely unviable as how nerfed & pre-rework Eve was.
    True, true. I could play her for fun in a few matches I guess.

  12. #3432
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    That's such a bullshit way of stretching the definition of mobility lol. Just say "They can cast while moving." That's all. It gives them no additional mobility
    you totally underestimate the mobility given by being able to cast while moving. as an example not having cast times opens up the ability to whittle down a chaser and turning around to finish them, especially with a champion with delayed casts like Syndra. most champions do not have permaslows thus being able to move and cast will give you an advantage in mobility definitely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Annie is more of the fortunate picks out there. It's not like she's completely unviable as how nerfed & pre-rework Eve was.
    the problem with Annie is that she is 100% viable, people just think viable is the same as "fits into a 5v5 comp". most ap/ad mids you see played in a 5v5 setting most often feature hard cc (roots, stuns), can re-engage (ult down? oh well, gg) and very often have a hard escape ability (root, movement modifier, dash/jump, slow and so on).

    Annie only has a situational stun and puts all her apples in the same basket by either landing a Tibbers stun or not. she is however one of the strongest gankers in this game due to the fact she brings a 1.75 second stun on top of tremendous burst and you should really be looking to nuke the side lanes if you're playing her.

    another fact that people seem to neglect that playing Annie with flat mr makes for a surprisingly tanky ap mid with +20 mr & armor from E which puts her at almost +60 mr at level 4 for a total of 90 mr! her e scales up to a total +60 mr & armor which puts her in the category Leona Tanky (+70/70).

    all in all she's a unique champion in the damage she puts out (Tibbers auto & aura), can use Tibbers as a skillshot soaker and is the single tankiest ap nuke in the game with her E. if that is appealing to you play Annie. she doesn't really have any hard counters except that which screws over any other ap nuke (Cho'gath, Galio etc).
    Last edited by adimaya; 2013-02-04 at 08:56 AM.

  13. #3433
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    zed or jayce
    For what? the answer is Jayce anyway!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    True, true. I could play her for fun in a few matches I guess.
    I feel like she does very well when built tanky especially with her new E. Things like RoA, Ry+lyandry, etc mix really well with her great initiation. She's fairly reliant on Flash, tho... so you need the masteries and boots enchant that enhance it.
    Last edited by Infighter; 2013-02-04 at 08:55 AM.

  14. #3434
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    you totally underestimate the mobility given by being able to cast while moving. as an example not having cast times opens up the ability to whittle down a chaser and turning around to finish them, especially with a champion with delayed casts like Syndra. most champions do not have permaslows thus being able to move and cast will give you an advantage in mobility definitely.



    the problem with Annie is that she is 100% viable, people just think viable is the same as "fits into a 5v5 comp". most ap/ad mids you see played in a 5v5 setting most often feature hard cc (roots, stuns), can re-engage (ult down? oh well, gg) and very often have a hard escape ability (root, movement modifier, dash/jump, slow and so on).

    Annie only has a situational stun and puts all her apples in the same basket by either landing a Tibbers stun or not. she is however one of the strongest gankers in this game due to the fact she brings a 1.75 second stun on top of tremendous burst and you should really be looking to nuke the side lanes if you're playing her.

    another fact that people seem to neglect that playing Annie with flat mr makes for a surprisingly tanky ap mid with +20 mr & armor from E which puts her at almost +60 mr at level 4 for a total of 90 mr! her e scales up to a total +60 mr & armor which puts her in the category Leona Tanky (+70/70).

    all in all she's a unique champion in the damage she puts out (Tibbers auto & aura), can use Tibbers as a skillshot soaker and is the single tankiest ap nuke in the game with her E. if that is appealing to you play Annie. she doesn't really have any hard counters except that which screws over any other ap nuke (Cho'gath, Galio etc).
    As someone who mains Ahri and Syndra and plays Orianna a decent amount, I know how valuable it is. While it can count as Mobility, it is still stretching and not really worthy of being categorized as such. The difference between Stopping to Cast and Not Stopping is nothing compared to a Bladesurge in terms of mobility. Just because I can get from point A to point B .2 seconds faster does not mean that champion now has "decent" mobility in comparison.

  15. #3435
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    the problem with Annie is that she is 100% viable, people just think viable is the same as "fits into a 5v5 comp". most ap/ad mids you see played in a 5v5 setting most often feature hard cc (roots, stuns), can re-engage (ult down? oh well, gg) and very often have a hard escape ability (root, movement modifier, dash/jump, slow and so on).

    Annie only has a situational stun and puts all her apples in the same basket by either landing a Tibbers stun or not. she is however one of the strongest gankers in this game due to the fact she brings a 1.75 second stun on top of tremendous burst and you should really be looking to nuke the side lanes if you're playing her.

    another fact that people seem to neglect that playing Annie with flat mr makes for a surprisingly tanky ap mid with +20 mr & armor from E which puts her at almost +60 mr at level 4 for a total of 90 mr! her e scales up to a total +60 mr & armor which puts her in the category Leona Tanky (+70/70).

    all in all she's a unique champion in the damage she puts out (Tibbers auto & aura), can use Tibbers as a skillshot soaker and is the single tankiest ap nuke in the game with her E. if that is appealing to you play Annie. she doesn't really have any hard counters except that which screws over any other ap nuke (Cho'gath, Galio etc).
    Thanks Adimaya, I like the way you put this

  16. #3436
    Mobility can be compared between characters.

    Take for example complete sitting duck like Lux/Brand, you'll only need to cast about 5 spells to gain bladesurge worth advantage over them. And this is not racing game. If you can knockback and stun the melee who gap closed you, then you can kite them much better than when all you have is limited dash, not even talking about how vastly superior it is vs other range that don't have this advantage.

    And one tip, there is an item that somewhat counters effects of gap closers, and is incredibly efficient on this kind of characters, costing you just 2600 gold.

  17. #3437
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Mobility can be compared between characters.

    Take for example complete sitting duck like Lux/Brand, you'll only need to cast about 5 spells to gain bladesurge worth advantage over them. And this is not racing game. If you can knockback and stun the melee who gap closed you, then you can kite them much better than when all you have is limited dash, not even talking about how vastly superior it is vs other range that don't have this advantage.

    And one tip, there is an item that somewhat counters effects of gap closers, and is incredibly efficient on this kind of characters, costing you just 2600 gold.
    Lux, sitting duck?
    slow + root + shield.

    all her abilities except R can be used defensively.

  18. #3438
    If you play Orianna/Syndra you can punish every single spellcast, that's what I mean.

  19. #3439
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    If you play Orianna/Syndra you can punish every single spellcast, that's what I mean.
    Lux outranges both of those, not quite sure how you're thinking now.

  20. #3440
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    zed or jayce
    I'm going to be kind biased lol.

    Jayce is very strong now, can go mid, top and as ADC(appeared in tournaments), he has great poke, good mobility with his E in both forms one gives a MS boost the other a knockback based on max health with 100% AD and he has very few counters due to being ranged and melee.

    For Zed i don't have much to say than he is kind hard due to his shadow because almost depends on that, mobility, damage can be used as jukes.

    TD;LR i prefer Jayce over Zed. Jayce can be stronger most of the times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •