She does fall off a bit but late game ult can lock them up for the rest to do whats needed.

got redirected here so:

hey im level 29 in LOL now thinking of buying malzahar next he seems cool lots of interesting spells, but i hear so much bad about him and noone plays him ( wich is one of the reasons im drawned to him as i like playing underrated and underused champions) the main argument i hear is QSS counter him so hard but if you force all theyr team to buy it isnt that pretty damaging already? If just one guy dosnt buy it you just use ur ulti on him and early game its pretty damaging going for QSS for like an ADC since u lose so much damage. Not to mention his other spells do alot of damage on theyr own. What are your opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    got redirected here so:

hey im level 29 in LOL now thinking of buying malzahar next he seems cool lots of interesting spells, but i hear so much bad about him and noone plays him ( wich is one of the reasons im drawned to him as i like playing underrated and underused champions) the main argument i hear is QSS counter him so hard but if you force all theyr team to buy it isnt that pretty damaging already? If just one guy dosnt buy it you just use ur ulti on him and early game its pretty damaging going for QSS for like an ADC since u lose so much damage. Not to mention his other spells do alot of damage on theyr own. What are your opinions?
    He is absolutely fine outside of high level games really. His laning is really strong with mana efficiency build into his DoT and nice wave clear. His main problem about his ultimate in late game. You are correct in that making their carries buy a QSS does make a big difference. He is fun to play, just beware about his ult in late game. You have to be smart with it.

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    got redirected here so:

if you want him for the fun factor, go for it. if you're gonna do ranked, no. all his power comes from his ulti combo, which can be nullified with cleanse/qss, he has no escapes and needs items to be impactful, also his E (main farming ability) passively pushes waves, which can make you an easy target for ganks.

if you wanna play something with a DoT based playstyle, I'd recommend Cassiopeia or Swain, they pretty much do exactly what he does but better.

and why is Viktor so underplayed aswell i played him abit and when i win my lane mid im just unstopabble reaching 800AP with 6items+ pot in teamfights u grevity field em lazer and ulti and they all just melt away, he's gravity field lets him escape ganks and death ray is really good at poking since it has huge range

Viktor is really strong but has a few fundamental problems:

1) Range. He has very short range compared to other popular APs. This means his moves are broadcast like heck as well. It's not hard to tell he's going to drop a Gravity Field on you when he comes running up.

2) Mana costs. They're fairly prohibitive if you spam spells

3) Clunky.

4) Starts losing item efficiency towards late game.

5) Hard to use compared to other popular mid/tops.

--

That said, he's a good enough pick and not many people know how to play against him.

Morg is useful against more then AP champs. It stops disables on you or an ally. I have stopped WW ult with her shield, used it just as his ult activated, lucky timing. lol Ashe arrow, Sej ult from stunning the ADC..ect..ect..

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    She does fall off a bit but late game ult can lock them up for the rest to do whats needed.
    That's all I need. Just pubstomped an Akali mid. She couldn't ever hurt me from shield, and couldnt push against me.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

She doesn't do well against Jayce, Zed, Pantheon or Kha'zix is what I meant with 'does better vs AP'. Black Shield does very little vs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    She doesn't do well against Jayce, Zed, Pantheon or Kha'zix is what I meant with 'does better vs AP'. Black Shield does very little vs them.
    Except at my elo , i rarely see any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I feel Morgana counters Pantheon. The guy has a hard time killing people if he cant stun them and he fell out of favor in mid lane because he cant push waves that well, so everybody just shoved him into his turret and then backed off.

Well it doesn't matter, I can't play her anymore. You are right she is a support mage late game, and I just lost 2 games cause my team was dumb as stumps and couldn't capitalize off my ult.

EDIT

Kha'zix is another one I can't play. I jump on the enemy ADC, instagibb him, they focus me down, then my team dies to the bruiser and ap.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-06-10 at 02:08 AM.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Well it doesn't matter, I can't play her anymore. You are right she is a support mage late game, and I just lost 2 games cause my team was dumb as stumps and couldn't capitalize off my ult.

EDIT

Kha'zix is another one I can't play. I jump on the enemy ADC, instagibb him, they focus me down, then my team dies to the bruiser and ap.
    How don't you escape with a reset on your massive jump and an insta stealth thing which reduces damage by what? 40%?

So I like to go on and off from LoL and resently started playing a little again
    I really like to play bruisers, whatever that means, and Mordekaiser is a big favorite aswell as Garen. Just got up to 3150 IP again and feel like getting a new champion and want some tips could be a little more patient and wait for 6k IP

Hoping for some kind advice here: I'm searching for a new champion to add to my arsenal. I'm gaming with my boyfriend and a friend. Recently we've been on a hot streak of victories with me playing Fiddle, my bf Nami or Zilean and our friend Warwick, Hecarim or Twitch.
    This week my bf bought Shaco and have been in love with him ever since, making our team slightly awkward with me playing Fiddle. For the first time, we've been hitting a wall in latest battles, getting rolled over by the enemy team. We believe it might be because we're 2 squishies on the same team and I've therefore volunteered to try out another champion.

My question is: We've often felt like our team needed some sort of melee strength and I've been wondering which champion to purchase. To give you an idea of what I've enjoyed playing, I've often done ranged roles such as Ziggs, Varus, Brand and obviously Fiddlesticks (funfunfun!). I briefly tried Darius which felt fun, but from what I can see in various guides, he seems to be slightly off in end game situations and I'm not too fond of his lack of poking abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I feel Morgana counters Pantheon. The guy has a hard time killing people if he cant stun them and he fell out of favor in mid lane because he cant push waves that well, so everybody just shoved him into his turret and then backed off.
    Since the stun is pretty much instant and not telegraphed, it's fairly hard to avoid. Additionally, it's on a 13sec CD. Black Shield is on a 23sec CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Auramin View Post
    Hoping for some kind advice here: I'm searching for a new champion to add to my arsenal. I'm gaming with my boyfriend and a friend. Recently we've been on a hot streak of victories with me playing Fiddle, my bf Nami or Zilean and our friend Warwick, Hecarim or Twitch.
    This week my bf bought Shaco and have been in love with him ever since, making our team slightly awkward with me playing Fiddle. For the first time, we've been hitting a wall in latest battles, getting rolled over by the enemy team. We believe it might be because we're 2 squishies on the same team and I've therefore volunteered to try out another champion.

My question is: We've often felt like our team needed some sort of melee strength and I've been wondering which champion to purchase. To give you an idea of what I've enjoyed playing, I've often done ranged roles such as Ziggs, Varus, Brand and obviously Fiddlesticks (funfunfun!). I briefly tried Darius which felt fun, but from what I can see in various guides, he seems to be slightly off in end game situations and I'm not too fond of his lack of poking abilities.
    you should try Renekton. uses Fury as a resource which means he is only hindered by cooldowns, Massive lane bully in the early game, strong mid game and transitions to a immovable wall late game that can jump on and disrupt the enemy carries.

Also, there's very few counters to him, he can even do well against the few champions that do counter him if played correctly.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2013-06-10 at 04:33 PM.

I want to play an ADC that is ranged and both high damage\viable for ranked. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
    I want to play an ADC that is ranged and both high damage\viable for ranked. Any recommendations?
    Caitlyn has the longest base range of ADCs (625), but her damage isn't the greatest in the late-game, as she's meant to harass early with her long range. She is a very safe pick though.

Varus has above average range (575), and has good poke with Q and/or E to detonate W stacks, but doesn't have any escapes outside of his ult.

Tristana has the longest range at level 18 with her passive (703), and is considered to be of the "hyper-carry" status that is also shared with Kog'Maw and Vayne, and her jump and knockback ult keeps her safe. The issue is that her midgame is lackluster as she transitions from a caster with her W, E, and R to a long-range autoattacker.

Kog'Maw has one of the shortest base ranges for ADC (500), but can get his range to 710 with his W active, and again is one of those "hyper-carries". The big problem is that his lack of escape means that you have to have a teamcomp that is devoted to protecting him.

Caitlyn and Tristana would be the preferable choices, Cait if you want early-game power, and Trist if you want late-game damage.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-06-11 at 08:11 AM.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    you should try Renekton. uses Fury as a resource which means he is only hindered by cooldowns, Massive lane bully in the early game, strong mid game and transitions to a immovable wall late game that can jump on and disrupt the enemy carries.

Also, there's very few counters to him, he can even do well against the few champions that do counter him if played correctly.
    Oh, good point - I'll look into some guides and give him a try! Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
    Most champions that are called ADC are actually ranged, simply because that's what the current Meta dictates, as a melee ADC isn't really viable (even though Tryndamere is seeing a lot more play than a couple of weeks ago), especially not in the current position in a duo-lane in bot.

Easy to pick up ADCs that are viable in ranked would be Caitlyn, Graves or Miss Fortune. All of them have a strong early game, making laning a lot easier as you don't have to play hyper defensive (as you would with a Kog'maw against most lanes).

Caitlyn is extremely save during laning because of her long range, she has decent poke (especially if people step on your traps, making your Q and auto attacks easy to land) and has a decent strength lategame. She also has a semi-strong escape.
    Graves is rather shortranged, but if you get into the fight, you can put out some serious burst. That coupled your smoke screen can make for some easy trading. He also has a semi-strong escape, even though you will probably use it for trading often, as it gives you an attack speed buff and allows you to get into your short burst range, so it might not be up in case of ganks.
    Miss Fortune has a range in between Caitlyn and Graves and is known for being a strong lane bully, as you can trade efficiently with almost all ADCs (besides Draven). As she has no escape, but high movement speed because of her passive, it's very important to learn how to position yourself correctly, especially for teamfights. Miss Fortune's main trademark in teamfights is her devastating ultimate, which, if positioned correctly, can turn teamfights around single handedly. Miss Fortune, especially if itemizing for her ultimate, has an incredible midgame but falls of slightly lategame, as the damage from your ultimate doesn't scale as well as some other ADCs do.

As I said, if you are new to ADCing, you might want to pick up one of those three, as they are strong early game and are relatively easy to learn.