15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Still trying to find "my" top champion. I'm looking at Irelia, or Riven to buy next. Opinions?
    Both can carry extremely hard if they get ahead, but can also end up really lackluster.

Have you played more than 5 games with any of the following?:

Cho
    Elise
    Jayce
    Kennen
    Malphite
    Renekton
    Shen

All of which are really strong top laners that can still add teamfight presence even if you aren't fed.

I'm not knocking Irelia or Riven. I prefer Irelia over Riven, but that's simply because I've played more games w/ her and she feels like a safer pick to me.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, he's played Jayce. He then complained he didn't do damage. I seem to recall something similar about Elise as well.

Deleted
    Irelia, Renekton or Riven (Once she goes down in price) for top lane/bruiser?

From what I can tell from free weeks, Irelia is all about control and harassment and generally being a pain in the arse. Renekton is all in damage and sustain. Riven is a hybrid of the two but with more damage than control, but a fair amount of utility instead.

Suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post

From what I can tell from free weeks, Irelia is all about control and harassment and generally being a pain in the arse. Renekton is all in damage and sustain. Riven is a hybrid of the two but with more damage than control, but a fair amount of utility instead.

Suggestions?
    Riven is much more all in damage than Renekton. Renekton is for whittling and pushing an opponent out of lane with your damage and sustain, killling them if they stay. He's a lane bully. Riven is flat out destroy you, she's one of the best all-iner's for top lane. She's a stronger lane bully. Irelia is about getting some farm and surviving until you can hit that point where you can basically win any 1v1 and become the late game Irelia that destroys.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Suggestions?
    Buy Croc, he's very fun and a complete bully. Nothing really beats you and your mid game damage is amazing while still being super tanky. He does fall off a bit late game but you can get tanky enough that it doesn't really matter at that point. Him and Riven are pretty similar in the fact that if you lose your lane, you're kind of useless unless you can repair what happened earlier quick enough. If you decide to go Irelia, she is an incredible late game beast so if you just don't lose your lane, you'll be more than fine. Riven is pretty fun but she's not tanky enough for me personally, buy her if you want a huge snowbally beast.

Just realized I posted almost the same thing as the person above me, my bad :X
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-06-27 at 10:47 PM.

Suggestions?

It really depends on your play style. Each one of those champion fills a different role. Personally, I would say Renekton. He's very strong in lane and unless you get horribly shut down, he has a pretty good transition into lategame.

Riven is fun as well. She does a lot of damage and can be a terror with some decent farm. I have just never been able to enjoy playing Irelia. I know she's strong but her kit puts me to sleep.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Deleted
    So a tie between Irelia and Riven? Hrm...
    Well, it'll be awhile until Riven goes down in price so I'll have until then to make my mind up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Late game Renekton is all about being a huge, disruptive meat shield.

As I said before, I prefer Irelia over Riven as that whole "farm for the late game" is more my style.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Well I bought Irelia. Just played a game, top vs Zac. I got obliterated. Now I don't want to play her anymore.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Well I bought Irelia. Just played a game, top vs Zac. I got obliterated. Now I don't want to play her anymore.
    Irelia is a thing of beauty to play once you get used to her. Just keep playing her and don't give up!

Deleted
    I had a match yesterday as Irelia against ZAC and it was a pretty even match, though I had the upper hand at times.

Not sure if all those match ups are even or not but I wouldn't be surprised if they were, though Irelia seems to have a better early game than Zac with no ganks.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-06-29 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I had a match yesterday as Irelia against ZAC and it was a pretty even match, though I had the upper hand at times.

Not sure if all those match ups are even or not but I wouldn't be surprised if they were, though Irelia seems to have a better early game than Zac with no ganks.
    It would be different if it was even and he out played me, but that wasn't the case.

HE pushed the lane to my turret by 2:30, didn't help my jungler came in and gave him first blood.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I need to get a new jungle champ, Udyr or Malaphite

Deleted
    Hey guys. Need an advice. I rly cant decide who to buy. SYNDRA OR VIKTOR? I played only Syndra a bit and she seems strong and I like her kit, but Viktor's kit looks strong too. I am closer to Syndra , but i want to hear about your experience too. I really dont mind win rate or things like that (actually can carry really well with champs like liss, kata or gragas which many consider in my elo as "weak")

Thanks for any advice. Cheers!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortrond View Post
    Hey guys. Need an advice. I rly cant decide who to buy. SYNDRA OR VIKTOR? I played only Syndra a bit and she seems strong and I like her kit, but Viktor's kit looks strong too. I am closer to Syndra , but i want to hear about your experience too. I really dont mind win rate or things like that (actually can carry really well with champs like liss, kata or gragas which many consider in my elo as "weak")

Both!
    /10char

Syndra, definitely. Landing her combo successfully and taking someone from 100-0 feels so satisfying. She's a bit tricky to learn at first but well worth it. Viktor is fun and rewarding as well, but not as much as Syndra imo. She's a huge lane bully as well.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Quote Originally Posted by Sockmonky View Post
    I need to get a new jungle champ, Udyr or Malaphite
    If you buy Udyr and you build him correctly his high mobility and stun with bear stance is great for repeated quick ganks all around the map

Malphite is a jungler who would want to hit 6 and thus has less presence on the map compared to Udyr early game.

Syndra & Viktor are both good champions but they both have, in my opinion, high learning curves.
    Syndra's combo with Q/W/E/R burst can 100-0 anyone and can eliminate an enemy's carry quickly. She also has decent sustain damage with Q spam but that means she is very mana hungry making you reliant on blue buffs or building a tear/rod of ages

Viktor combo is great he has a great cc'd effect with his W and can help change the game
    Viktor is more of a utility champion comparing these 2. His W stuns targets when they are on the effect for a certain amount of time & his ultimate ability silences targets and deals AOE damage.

They are both great champions but all it is, is a matter of preference. I would choose Syndra though because of her high ability to snowball in lanes since she can 100-0 a lot of champions with her full combo + ignite
    Viktor I would choose if i had an AOE team because of his W and Ultimate.

Deleted
    Ty guys for advices. I picked Syndra. I will wait for any info about Viktor's rework and then will buy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    So I'm close to hitting 6300 IP again and I am debatting with myself if i should get another champion or buy an additional rune page.

I feel I have an well balanced roster of champions right now. I can fill any lane without getting severely outpicked and can play most champions decently. Although both Top and Mid are limited to 2 or 3 champions due to me almost never getting to play it. i do have more champions then the ones listed down here. But I'm nowhere near the level of play on those then the ones listed. (I prefer Jungle/Support)

Mid:
    Ahri
    Diana
    Morgana

Top:
    Elise
    Renekton

ADC:
    Caitlyn
    Tristana
    Miss Fortune

I actually have all support champions.

I was thinking of picking up Hecarim or Lee Sin to jungle with.

Current roster of most used junglers are: (in no particular order)
    Jarvan IV
    Udyr
    Sejuani
    Nasus
    Zac
    Nunu

Current Rune pages.

Page 1: Generic APC runes
    Page 2: Generic ADC runes
    Page 3: Support runes. Armor Marks / Armor Seals / Flat MR Glyphs / GP10 Quints
    Page 4: Generic Jungle Runes. AS Marks / Armor Seals / Flat MR Glyphs / AD Quints
    Page 5: MS Jungle Runes. AS Marks / Armor Seals / Flat MR Glyphs / AD Quints

Would it be beneficial for me to buy an additional Rune page or another champion? Also can somebody recommend mastering a champion you feel could round out my currently played champion pool more?

Thanks!
    I would go with buying champions. Its great to expand your champion pool when you play ranked because you may know certain things that fit your playstyle & can help you fight against matchups that would originally seem unfavorable.

Both Lee sin and Hecarim are great gankers who can provide a lot of presence on the map. Lee sin excels at early game because of his mobility to jump around all over the place. Lee sin falls off a great deal late game though because his base damage as a jungler isn't as high as others like Hecarim or Udyr or Amumu.
    Hecarim is great for mid-late game phase because of his abilities provide non-stop damage and his ultimate is a key point in displacement to enemy teams who are trying to group up and has great AOE damage.

I would pick up Hecarim over Lee Sin any day if you can play him well enough.