Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Sona will OOM like mad with a newb player.

Ryze require very odd gearing a newb won't know and very tight spell combos for kills.

Teemo is squishy as hell, not something you want a newb playing.

Darius and Tryn might seem like good newb choices but they both die EASILY if not properly geared and both have shit damage output if not properly geared. Not only that but both rely on a combination of moves for their early game kills without which they never get into late game.
    The thing you forget is that every new player is pretty much shit at the game, so it doesen't really matter if you can't combo properly as ryze (tbh the combo isn't even that hard, just slam your face on the keyboard and you'll do decent). As for the build path, it doesent take a genious to look up a build guide for ryze, and see that you go tear into rod into frozen heart.

And as for Sona going OOM for newer players, what champion doesent? Mana management is a thing new players rarely know, so you can easily go oom on every champion, unless you build stuff like chalice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post

And as for Sona going OOM for newer players, what champion doesent? Mana management is a thing new players rarely know, so you can easily go oom on every champion, unless you build stuff like chalice.
    This. When I started playing, I built a philosopher's stone on basically every champ, especially Ashe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    This. When I started playing, I built a philosopher's stone on basically every champ, especially Ashe.
    Was there anyone who didn't get a philo stone or 2? So good.

RIP philo stone poppy, and everything that made it so good.

Good champions for new players...

Top: Garen/Nasus

Mid: teemo/malphite

Adc: tristana/teemo

Jungle: Warwick(late ganker but a safer ganker)/Xin Zhao(early ganker)

supp: Taric/Sona

Nasus isn't a good champ for beginners but he will teach u the basics of top laning. Last hitting, wave control, freezing, and being able to cs under the tower are really important on him and something a lot of beginners don't know.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2014-12-18 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladiswaifu View Post
    Good champions for new players...

Top: Garen/Nasus

Mid: teemo/malphite

Adc: tristana/teemo

Jungle: Warwick(late ganker but a safer ganker)/Xin Zhao(early ganker)

supp: Taric/Sona

Nasus isn't a good champ for beginners but he will teach u the basics of top laning. Last hitting, wave control, freezing, and being able to cs under the tower are really important on him and something a lot of beginners don't know.
    pretty bad list I would never recommend nasus to a new player, teemo and malph mid is very bad against nearly any other mage. Trist requires insane positioning to be played at all, I'd recommend graves ADC since hes very basic and tanky. Again with supports, sona is very very positional which is bad for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by LichKangLoL View Post
    pretty bad list I would never recommend nasus to a new player, teemo and malph mid is very bad against nearly any other mage. Trist requires insane positioning to be played at all, I'd recommend graves ADC since hes very basic and tanky. Again with supports, sona is very very positional which is bad for new players.
    Read the 2 sentences I wrote about nasus..... Everything else I agree with tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladiswaifu View Post
    Every champion teaches that. Your are purposefully gimping yourself if you play Nasus as a new player. You litterally get nothing for playing him, if you can't stack his Q properly.

Just play Warwick or something if you want to learn toplane with someone who has sustain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea why anyone would want to suggest Teemo as an ADC. I'd sooner recommend Ahri, Annie or Orianna. At least they have a chance to not be complete dead weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I have no idea why anyone would want to suggest Teemo as an ADC. I'd sooner recommend Ahri, Annie or Orianna. At least they have a chance to not be complete dead weight.
    Only thing i can think of is the blind for out-trading people... That's about it.

Teemo adc can kinda work, but it's a rare chance and you'd need to completely out-skill the opponent adc, which at that point having your hands on a proper adc would help win the game more efficiently.
    Last edited by werwerwerewrewreewe; 2014-12-18 at 10:20 AM.

Deleted
    I've learned toplane with renekton, it's all about knowing when to trade and controlling the minion wave. Garen is also a good starter pick IMO.

Deleted
    Teemo adc can kinda work, but it's a rare chance and you'd need to completely out-skill the opponent adc, which at that point having your hands on a proper adc would help win the game more efficiently.
    Fiddle ADC CAN work too, suggesting to buy him for that is a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Fiddle ADC CAN work too, suggesting to buy him for that is a different matter.
    Teemos kit is much better suited for adc than fiddle if you're trying to be smart. Also read my statement "which at that point having your hands on a proper adc would help win the game more efficiently."

Deleted
    You told Teemo ADC can work if you totally outsmart the enemy ADC and blablabla.

This is the exact same for a Fiddlesticks, if you're miles better you just win the lane with your silence and fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    You told Teemo ADC can work if you totally outsmart the enemy ADC and blablabla.

This is the exact same for a Fiddlesticks, if you're miles better you just win the lane with your silence and fear.
    I understand exactly what you mean, it's just I was trying to imply teemo does have a fraction of an ADC kit, yes anything can be an adc if you build it like one.

10+ Year Old Account
    He does not. It's not even close.

I was not kidding when I say Orianna makes for a better ADC than Teemo. Suggesting a squishy rodent with barely any range to go up against supports that outrange him or just hard cc him is incredibly suicidal.

He does not. It's not even close.

I was not kidding when I say Orianna makes for a better ADC than Teemo. Suggesting a squishy rodent with barely any range to go up against supports that outrange him or just hard cc him is incredibly suicidal.
    His range is the same as Lucian / Sivir, also any ADC gets demolished by hard cc? that's why QSS and supports exist. But when trying to argue teemo's kit I'm basing this on a strong blind, which can allow him to trade, an on-hit auto attack damage steroid, a speed boost ability (similar to draven to close / gain distance) and mushrooms which are his slow that he can kite melee classes / serve as a free ward like Kalista's ghost. You're trying to argue Orianna who has literally nothing of an ADC kit, you're just saying she can auto attack, I'm trying to place and argument that the kit teemo has presents itself as an adc kit, I'm not saying he's an adc, nor is he good.

edit: teemo also has 40% AS boost from stealth which can make a massive difference in some scenarios.

if you can tell me why you think Orianna has a kit set for an adc feel free to explain.
    Last edited by werwerwerewrewreewe; 2014-12-20 at 12:22 AM.

Orianna has her passive, her shield, her slow and her ultimate. Granted they all do magic damage, but i'd much rather play an Orianna adc than Teemo adc. Her spells help with trading, and her ultimate can be devastating with a support like Leona, Thresh or Braum.

10+ Year Old Account
    His range is the same as Lucian / Sivir, also any ADC gets demolished by hard cc?
    Lucian has insane mobility. Sivir has a spellshield. Both have extended range through abilities. Teemo has a coffin waiting for him.

You're also not going to get your 40% AS speed from Stealth, as you're not standing in one spot long enough without attacking if you want to get any farm as ADC or not die (see above point about supports).

QSS is pointless to suggest, as it does not help you during laning phase.

See the previous comment about why Orianna works. I just want to point out that you level your shield first, which gives you more tankiness than Graves.