Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Frozen best. Dusk trail becomes icy as well as fear. Other two are just recolors.
    They're recolors but do look physically different, spell don't though.

But since I didn't like the whole icy thing for Nocturne I just bought the Void skin and Ravager skin (got halloween too). And in my opinion the Ravager skin looks best in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    They're recolors but do look physically different, spell don't though.

But since I didn't like the whole icy thing for Nocturne I just bought the Void skin and Ravager skin (got halloween too). And in my opinion the Ravager skin looks best in-game.
    I've got Harrowing & Ravager also. Ravager does look incredibly cool, very nice color scheme. I'm a sucker for particle changes though, frozen trail just looks awesome.

Totally getting the ravager skin when it gets on sale.

Just wondering what a good champ for Dominion is, so I can buy him?

Quote Originally Posted by Karshda View Post
    well im a fan of panth for his mapwide ult and fizz just cause hes fun and lots of dmg if u wanna be annoying go with alistar cause everyone hates getting cc'd like crazy while the enemy team or turret is smacking u down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karshda View Post
    Gankplank is pretty good with his ult.

Olaf, Kog Maw and Jarvan are pretty good in Dominion for me.

Edit: And Wukong.

Looking for a champion who can take some hits without having to build a whole lot of defensive items (1-2 are okay). Would like at least 2400 hp towards 35-40 minutes. Doesn't matter if its ranged or melee, but no melee AP champs (ex. Akali). Also would like the ability to jungle, but that's just an extra feature that isn't necessary. Would like to have a couple slows or a lot of self healing. Easy farming would be nice. Not looking for someone who can get kited to no end. Burst potential is optional. Any suggestions? (I'm currently looking at Morgana, is that a good fit?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not if you want to jungle.

//edit: That description just screams Gangplank though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Not if you want to jungle.

//edit: That description just screams Gangplank though.
    Yeah I know, I would like a jungle but it isn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Yeah I know, I would like a jungle but it isn't necessary.
    maybe yorick?

I'll start saving up for Xin and GP, thanks guys. Hopefully one will free up in the next week or two.

I have Yorick, don't really enjoy playing him. A bit underpowered and doesn't deal much damage IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yorick deals silly amounts of damage. You just don't notice it. But every bit of AD you put on him, *three* of his ghouls get as well. It looks like low scaling because it's split in three. It's just not really bursty.

That said, not trying to convince you to go Yorick. Too many of them running around in mah precious Pentakill skin since the sale =(

Caitlyn or Vayne?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    A Yorick with a TF or just a Sheen has quite some damage, that and your target is slowed 50% o the time, you're faster 50% of the time and you heal yourself 50% of the time.

The only thing fucking up Yorick are those damn bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Looking for a champion who can take some hits without having to build a whole lot of defensive items (1-2 are okay). Would like at least 2400 hp towards 35-40 minutes. Doesn't matter if its ranged or melee, but no melee AP champs (ex. Akali). Also would like the ability to jungle, but that's just an extra feature that isn't necessary. Would like to have a couple slows or a lot of self healing. Easy farming would be nice. Not looking for someone who can get kited to no end. Burst potential is optional. Any suggestions? (I'm currently looking at Morgana, is that a good fit?)
    Sounds like a classic bruiser with atmogs and probably TF as well for top lane. Gangplank, Olaf, Riven, Yorick, Warwick, Wukong are the best options for this lane. They bring CC to team fights, have high lane sustainment and most of them still manage to deal tons of damage.
    Jarvan, Galio and Xin are a whole other story imho. Jarvan & Galio can be pretty nasty early on (both can harass you with 2 ranged spells, both can lock you at their tower), but are easy to outfarm and usually you can get an edge by forcing them to use their mana before having a reg item. I have played Xin for weeks on top, but after the game changed to its now bruiser-centered gameplay, I had to realize, that he lacks the required sustain and harassing options other champions have. I cannot recommend using him, except for jungle.
    for jungle, GP, Jarvan, Olaf and probably Xin will work

Caitlyn or Vayne?
    Personally, I prefer Vayne. Fast-paced playstyle, decent range, condemn requires some learning but will deliver early kills, her low starting damage and rather slow attack animation make last-hitting not so easy with her, she shines in fights with narrow spaces where she can condemn people without interference and she has an in-built madreds to shred high-durability targets. Get ready for some tumble --> condemn follow-ups! (pro advice: condemn people into their tower! even works with the ruins of towers^^)

Caitlyn has higher range, a better escape, better utility due to traps and better poke. Q deals tons of damage in late game and headshot and your range let you farm easily. However, she lacks a classic burst combo, hence you will need to concentrate on last hits and better engage with your jungler.

This is written from the perspective of a classic bot lane with a support champion. My recommendations with classic support champions:
    - Graves: Soraka for infinite mana to force everyone out of lane, Janna to keep targets at distance
    - Vayne: Janna, Alistair, Sona, Leona. Everything that allows you to line up your condemns. Janna and Alistair are my favorites however, especially Janna, you will see her a few more times
    - Ashe: Soraka for infinite mana to keep enemies with Volley at distance or with Janna / Alistair to let them to that job and have more hard CC.
    - Caitlyn: Janna, Alistair, Leona. Again, keeping enemies at their toes and forcing them to respect you, lets you play out your range advantage and your early game feebleness
    - Kogmaw: Janna. It is fucking insane to be thrown up by her and receive a couple hits from his passive.
    So basically, get yourself a good janna player^^

It is really just a choice of personal flavor. If you like it defensive, play Ashe and Caitlyn. They provide higher utility to their team but are less intense in early game. If you like it offensive, play Vayne, Graves or Kogmaw and harass them to death. For pug-smashing, I like picking Graves^^
    Last edited by Flextt; 2011-12-29 at 11:02 AM.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't put Tristana in that write-up =(

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    This is written from the perspective of a classic bot lane with a support champion. My recommendations with classic support champions:
    - Graves: Soraka for infinite mana to force everyone out of lane, Janna to keep targets at distance
    Graves + Alistar pretty much beats anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Graves + Alistar pretty much beats anything.
    Sivir / Sona says oh hai dere.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.