Page 4 of 272 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yorick is still not that good, his best utility is pushing and ulti that can turn game tides but other solo top laners are way better (irelia to name one), and he is one of champions who according to most people don't deserve 6300 at all.
    Moakai is a tanky mage, like chogath, except his 20% reduction is great, too bad it need people to stick to a spot (but its still great)
    But if you hate tanky types (or got enough already), then don't get yorick/moakai/swain, Malzahar is too squishy imo, and not the highest dmg for a dot mage (most his dmg is dot, not instant, and since his survive is low it isn't that good idea)
    That left us : nocturne/thrundle : melee who can also jungle (a bonus), cait : a painful laner and good carry, vlad : also heavy nerfed he isn't bad at all and can hold himself quite good, just not from lvl1, his utli can turn team fights
    I'm strongly against tanky type of this list, since you said you got tanky ones already (probably you want people who deal massive dmg), so noc and cait are the ones who deal most dmg in this list I think, Thrundle is jungler but a TANKY dps more than noc
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Yorick is still not that good, his best utility is pushing and ulti that can turn game tides but other solo top laners are way better (irelia to name one), and he is one of champions who according to most people don't deserve 6300 at all.
    Yorick is still not that good, his best utility is pushing and ulti that can turn game tides
    his best utility is pushing and ulti that can turn game tides
    ulti that can turn game tides

Isn't that alone worth it to justify 6300? Beginning of a late teamfight, cast your ult on your team's ranged AD carry and enjoy the havoc.

Deleted
    Gannon, I love you bro.

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Gannon, I love you bro.

No jungle in this world can stand that "Brolaf"

Deleted
    Just massive lol's playing Aram with you!

Hey guys, I'm currently thinking of getting Nocturne. The only thing I'm worried about is that he might just end up being just another attack speed champion.. Could any of you explain to me how Nocturne works as in gameplay wise? I know his skills but I don't know the flow.

Typical gank:
    Initiate with one of the most powerful and most feared ultimates ingame, fear with his E, Q your target and time your W to disable any CC attempts. Maybe pop your Youmuus Ghostblade. Other than that, its just autoattacking to victory and wait for your CDs to come off.

If you want to actually press buttons to influence your outcome, get Udyr.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    While I'm certainly not a Yorick pro, I have been maining him since a week or so and have been quite successful so I'll try to give you my advice too.
    Wow, Led...thank you very much. I think with another week or so of Yorick play I'll be a bit more confident. I enjoy playing champions that are often overlooked...and Yorick NEVER gets banned at my ELO.

+rep for Led!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, it's been a week since Graves was released. His toolkit doesn't seem all that impressive to me but I've seen some Graves do very well in my recent games. Is he worth the 6300 ip or should I just save up for the next champ to come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldezzar View Post
    So, it's been a week since Graves was released. His toolkit doesn't seem all that impressive to me but I've seen some Graves do very well in my recent games. Is he worth the 6300 ip or should I just save up for the next champ to come out?
    Worth it. I reckon he will get a small nerf for his early game though. Maybe a bit more auto attack damage and less burst damage from his Buckshot. He's very fun to play and super deadly with the right combo on early and mid game.

Talon is more of taking 1by1 enemy champs type
    Brand has aoe in his aoe, to do more aoe
    I prefer Brand myself, but it is more of opinion than who is better (AP carry vs AD melee carry)
    Also note that since Talon can't jungle good, he has no spot in high elo i think if you plan to play serious, while Brand is considered one of best APs in game currently (usual lane is top tankydps, mid ap carry, bot support+ ranged ad carry, and jungler)
    I lol'd. I know you said ''I think'' but just correcting

10+ Year Old Account
    I was told at high elo the usual (best) team is one AP carry mid, support + ranged ad bot, 1 tanky dps top, 1 jungler, Talon doesn't fit in any of this
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    I was told at high elo the usual (best) team is one AP carry mid, support + ranged ad bot, 1 tanky dps top, 1 jungler, Talon doesn't fit in any of this
    Tanky dps top if built correctly? i know he can be a pain to lane against atleast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Hey guys, I'm currently thinking of getting Nocturne. The only thing I'm worried about is that he might just end up being just another attack speed champion.. Could any of you explain to me how Nocturne works as in gameplay wise? I know his skills but I don't know the flow.
    Safe jungle high damage. Engage without your Ulti preferably if it's a lane gank. You don't need to Ulti everytime to engage. He really is an attack speed champ. Fear em, hit em with Q, and auto-attack em to death, popping spellshield at the right times.

Udyr is a good choice for jungle also, very strong and a god damn pain in the ass to kill. Good ganks. Trundle is another choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farec View Post
    Tanky dps top if built correctly? i know he can be a pain to lane against atleast
    Tanky DPS is all about Udyr. He can take a hit like nobodies business with the right build and still dish out the pain. The every-six-second stun is amazing for proper-position ganks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Safe jungle high damage. Engage without your Ulti preferably if it's a lane gank. You don't need to Ulti everytime to engage. He really is an attack speed champ. Fear em, hit em with Q, and auto-attack em to death, popping spellshield at the right times.

Udyr is a good choice for jungle also, very strong and a god damn pain in the ass to kill. Good ganks. Trundle is another choice.
    Thanks! I guess I was sort of right with my suspicions about Noc playstyle.. still interested though! Already have Trundle, he really is an underdog champion and yet so wonderful to play. Never really saw the fun of playing Udyr though..

Mordekaiser or Jax
    Gladiator Underbyte

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underbyte View Post
    Mordekaiser or Jax
    Jax seems to be the better choice in most scenarios. For how much I love morde, I dislike the condition he was left in after his nerf.
    You may want to get a second opinion first though, since I haven't kept up with Jax buffs/nerfs recently.

yeah i just recently got lol (2 weeks ago) been playing a lot of nasus/renekton ... any suggestions as to what champions are relatively close to their playstyle
    Gladiator Underbyte

10+ Year Old Account
    Morde just hurts now. And by that I don't mean he hurts people. His shield changes have left him incredibly weak early game.